• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have a Photopass Question? Ask me!

I read this entire thread, and now it's time for me to comment.

I love Photopass, and I bought a package that gives me the Memory Maker for free. In the past, I have always bought the CD in the park, and carried it home with me on the plane. I do understand that the Memory Maker is Digital.

I am traveling alone in 58 days, and I am very excited to use Photopass and get as many pictures onto my Free Memory Maker. It doesn't get any better than this.

I wonder if Disneyland will ever get Memory Maker. I just returned from there, and five days in the parks, and I came home with 219 pictures on my CD. I have never been into adding borders, and other things.

Great thread. I will keep reading, all the way up to, and including my vacation. I travel with my iPad, so it would be great if I could view my pics each night. I guess I'll wait and see.

Memory Maker was created to work with the MyMagic and Magic Bands. So if Cali ever updates to using the bands I am sure it will come around. It has (generally) been working well here so I wouldn't be surprised if Cali starts getting everything in the next few years.

I have a question. I noticed, while planning for my trip, that there a lot of characters stationed around the World Showcase in Epcot. Do most/all/any of these characters have Photopass Photographers with them?

I have a question. I noticed, while planning for my trip, that there a lot of characters stationed around the World Showcase in Epcot. Do most/all/any of these characters have Photopass Photographers with them?

As far as I know, the only characters that don't have PhotoPass photographers are Mary Poppins and the Tarzan characters, and the Tarzan characters are generally only available at the MNSSHP. (I believe it's some sort of copyright issue as to why they don't.)

As far as I know, the only characters that don't have PhotoPass photographers are Mary Poppins and the Tarzan characters, and the Tarzan characters are generally only available at the MNSSHP. (I believe it's some sort of copyright issue as to why they don't.)

Thanks for the reply.

It's been a "new" thing since last October so if you were able to do it in March you should be good. I have heard of the photos occasionally showing up on the iPads but I normally don't mention it because for some reason it doesn't happen all the time. It has something to do with Flash software. I'm not a computer expert but I'm glad it worked for you! I do know that it doesn't work on the app since the app isn't built for photos, so I assume you are using Safari.

Yes, I used Safari and not MDE. I didn't even think about the difference lol. Thanks for all the great info!

Correct! Mary Poppins is technically Julie Andrew's likeness so every time a picture of her is sold Disney would have to pay Ms. Andrews. Also, for some reason, Rosie O'Donald owns the rights to the Tarzan characters. Generally, Alice doesn't have a photographer at Epcot since her sets are back to back with Mary Poppins. At Magic Kingdom some characters are also without a photographer if they have infrequent sets (like Stitch). Besides that, everyone generally has a photographer. If you meet a character and a photographer isn't there it's mostly likely because the camera equipment isn't working at the moment or because too many photographers called out for the day and they are severely understaffed.

Are the restaurants still included in the MM? (HDD, CM, etc)

Yes, all Family photo shots done before meals that are usually extra charge are included (digitally) in MM. These are all photos done without characters (other than statue of Mickey at CM). The meals that include a character, CRT and Askerhus, are both included in the cost of the meal so MM makes no difference for those. You can enter the code shown on the photo and put them in the account if you wish. With MM maybe they show up already, not sure as we haven't used MM. With regular Photopass you have to enter the code

Are the restaurants still included in the MM? (HDD, CM, etc)

1900 Park Fare is included too, but it's just a picture in front of a castle background, no characters.

Edit: sorry, I just retread the post before me and realize that was already covered. Oops!

I guess I screwed up in that I didn't thoroughly do my homework with the new memory maker before I ordered it. My travel agent told me it was the same as photo pass +. I am a little nervous with my spotty internet connection and old lap top, I may not be able to get my photos once I am home. Also, I was really looking forward to the stock photo cd that used to come with the package. How do I get the stock photo cd? Does anyone have a link for that? I assume that is an extra cost. Also I understand you can get a back up disk, but it's an extra cost as well?

So with memory maker any of the ride photos we do are included in there, no extra charge or anything? Do I need to do anything to get them in there? I am also doing a breakfast at Crystal Palace and Tusker House. Will there be character shots included in there as well?

Sorry, I have never done the photo packages before and despite searching through everything on here, I am still confused. :confused3
Thanks!

I guess I screwed up in that I didn't thoroughly do my homework with the new memory maker before I ordered it. My travel agent told me it was the same as photo pass +. I am a little nervous with my spotty internet connection and old lap top, I may not be able to get my photos once I am home. Also, I was really looking forward to the stock photo cd that used to come with the package. How do I get the stock photo cd? Does anyone have a link for that? I assume that is an extra cost. Also I understand you can get a back up disk, but it's an extra cost as well?

So with memory maker any of the ride photos we do are included in there, no extra charge or anything? Do I need to do anything to get them in there? I am also doing a breakfast at Crystal Palace and Tusker House. Will there be character shots included in there as well?

Sorry, I have never done the photo packages before and despite searching through everything on here, I am still confused. :confused3
Thanks!

Yes and no for the meal photos. TH will be included on your MM. I believe you will need to have the photographer scan the MB. To my knowledge CP doesn't have a meal photo. At least I don't recall one.
No PP photographers inside with the characters at meals. You'll have to use your camera.

From what I've read they are now adding ride photos automatically with the MB. The systems can read the RFID chip in the band and can link the 2 together. I don't care about ride photos so I can't say for sure myself since I've never tried it out

Yes you can get the stock photo and the back up disk for extra charge. I think both are $39 each

It's actually 29.95 for both. The memory maker archive disc comes with your photos and the stock photos for the same price.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Someone reported elsewhere that all the non-character meal photos are being stopped. So no photo at 'Ohana, 1900 PF, TH, HDDR, etc. Anyone else heard this? Any confirmation of it? Removing those greatly impacts the worth of MM

Photos that are included with the meal are still being done, so still a photo with Cinderella at CRT and with Belle at Askerhus

Someone reported elsewhere that all the non-character meal photos are being stopped. So no photo at 'Ohana, 1900 PF, TH, HDDR, etc. Anyone else heard this? Any confirmation of it? Removing those greatly impacts the worth of MM

Photos that are included with the meal are still being done, so still a photo with Cinderella at CRT and with Belle at Askerhus

Where did you see this? I looked and didn't see anything, but it would be good information to have since it really will impact MM.

Also, are the Pirate's League photos included on the MM like they were on PP+?

Someone reported elsewhere that all the non-character meal photos are being stopped. So no photo at 'Ohana, 1900 PF, TH, HDDR, etc. Anyone else heard this? Any confirmation of it? Removing those greatly impacts the worth of MM Photos that are included with the meal are still being done, so still a photo with Cinderella at CRT and with Belle at Askerhus

Photographers at the meals aren't going anywhere, so I'm not sure who's reporting this but they're wrong.

Where did you see this? I looked and didn't see anything, but it would be good information to have since it really will impact MM.

Also, are the Pirate's League photos included on the MM like they were on PP+?

Photographers at the meals aren't going anywhere, so I'm not sure who's reporting this but they're wrong.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3294343

TheRustyScupper is a CM (at least, I've always assumed he is), but it does seem hard to believe. :confused3

I would love a Jiminy magic shot!! I love him. I also am hoping that my family can get the Olaf magic shot. This is all so exciting. The only magic shot we have ever gotten is Tink. Now that I know to ask for them, maybe we will get a few more. I will make sure to ask nicely. :)

I got the Jiminy magic shot. Love it! My boys were so excitied when they saw it. Super cute.

I can't confirm or deny the resort pp leaving since I'm not around currently. I would hope that it wouldn't go away since so many people pre-purchase MM assuming they get resort/dining photos. From the times I spent doing the dining photos I believe they did bring in a lot of money. I'll let you know if I hear more about it.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3294343

TheRustyScupper is a CM (at least, I've always assumed he is), but it does seem hard to believe. :confused3

Ok, I read the full post for the first time, rather than 2nd hand, and this makes no sense

3) Memory Maker and Photopass can still have photos OUTSIDE of character meals.
4) But, no more packages WITH the characters.

The photos that cost extra at meals where no long with characters. Donald at TH was the last one and he left that one quite a while ago. So exactly what is he saying is going away?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter