Have a Photopass Question? Ask me!

Pretty sure I know the answer just want to be sure. We have a large party staying the week of Thanksgiving (5 rooms, 18 ppl) Everyone is linked on my MDE account but the rest of the party either doesn't have a MDE or everyone is not fully linked. Question is if I purchase the Memory Maker will I see everyone else s photos as well as mine when they scan their bands? Thanks

Our trip was last month. No trouble accessing the photos we scanned our band for. Then I remembered the extra cards we got from JTA and ETWB. Did we need to add those to our band while still in the park? Or can I access them from home? The card says to go to mydisneyphotopass.com and enter the code at "registration" but when I go to the site there's no place to enter the code- it just wants me to log into my Disney account.

You can access them from home, just sign in first. It's best to add them in the parks because the photographer took pictures of all the kids in both shows. In the park it's easy to pick your specific photos and add them to the band or card so you don't have 200 extra photos of other people's kids.

Pretty sure I know the answer just want to be sure. We have a large party staying the week of Thanksgiving (5 rooms, 18 ppl) Everyone is linked on my MDE account but the rest of the party either doesn't have a MDE or everyone is not fully linked. Question is if I purchase the Memory Maker will I see everyone else s photos as well as mine when they scan their bands? Thanks

Yes, just answered this a few pages ago.

Thanks for all your answers! You have been really helpful, ChanaC!!

I have two linked family members who are attending the Villains Unleashed party. I have the Memory Maker in my account and we are sharing. They will get their wristbands for attending the party on August 23. They do not have Magic Bands as they stay offsite. How do the sharing of Memory Maker work for them? Do they scan their wristbands after each ride or after each picture being taken? I am the person who is managing the pictures, will their pictures taken at the party show up on my account for download, or will I have to add a PP card or something to get their pictures onto my MM account.

Thanks in advance for your invaluable insights! Have fun planning!!

Thanks for all your answers! You have been really helpful, ChanaC!!

I have two linked family members who are attending the Villains Unleashed party. I have the Memory Maker in my account and we are sharing. They will get their wristbands for attending the party on August 23. They do not have Magic Bands as they stay offsite. How do the sharing of Memory Maker work for them? Do they scan their wristbands after each ride or after each picture being taken? I am the person who is managing the pictures, will their pictures taken at the party show up on my account for download, or will I have to add a PP card or something to get their pictures onto my MM account.

Thanks in advance for your invaluable insights! Have fun planning!!

The wristbands for any of those events are just plain paper wristbands you would get at a carnival or concert (of course with Disney print). You can't scan anything to them because they are paper. So you will need to get the pictures. They can also get a regular photopass card for regular photos which can then be added to the band in the park view stations or online but you will need to get your band scanned at attractions since the attraction CM's wouldn't scan the photos to the regular cards. There is more information on MM on the last few pages.

Thanks for clarifying!

Will it work if they wear a magic band from one of us who stay onsite?

Thanks again!!

Thanks for clarifying!

Will it work if they wear a magic band from one of us who stay onsite?

Thanks again!!

I'm not sure if I understand the question but no one verifies before a photo is scanned who the band belongs to. So if you have MM linked to a band and someone else wears it, of course. It doesn't change just because the band was taken off or switched.

Reason: User is an idiot and posted in wrong forum! :)

Carry on... nothing to see here... :rolleyes1

dekraut, did you mean to post in a thread about Memory Maker? The reason I ask is that all of your questions are about FP+, which would be better to ask in the Theme Park Attractions and Strategies board.

I'm not sure if I understand the question but no one verifies before a photo is scanned who the band belongs to. So if you have MM linked to a band and someone else wears it, of course. It doesn't change just because the band was taken off or switched.

Sorry for the confusion! I am still trying to understand the functionality of the magic band. I asked the question because I wondered whether the MB needed to be activated by scanning a ticket for admission first. I guess not. I think the MM will get activated when the MB is scanned when taking a picture or it is worn on a ride like Tower of Terror. MB does not have to be scanned when entering the park for MM to work. Or if I get a hard MM card, they can take it with them and get all the pictures they take to the photopass account via MM.

I think I understand how the MB, FP+ and MM work a bit more every day. Thanks again for your help! Hopefully I will be all set in August!!

I agree with everyone else, that this thread has been VERY helpful in understanding this system. We are arriving in less than two weeks. Our last trip was in '96, obviously well before any of this was in place.

The first is not related to the FP+ system per se, but relates to how much time is saved.

1. How bad are lines going to be for us during June 23-28? I know summer is busy, but this is when we could come. Can anyone give me an idea of how long lines might be for various rides? We are going early in the morning and taking an afternoon break, then returning in the evenings to give our kids a break and avoid the hottest parts of the day.

and related to that

2. How much time will FP+ usually save us? For example, if a ride wait is 45 minutes, how long would we likely wait in the FP+ line?

and

3. My son is Autistic so I think we might seek a DAS to help with waiting in lines. I know that when we use that the return time is based on the regular line, so we really don't "save" any time, but when we return to the ride, do we just get into the regular FP+ entrance line, thereby waiting about as long as we would in question 2 above?

Thanks of any help.

1. Bad. Really bad. I usually avoid the summer crowds but last August I went with a large group of people out of town. It was about a week after your plan. I remember lines for Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean being 45 minutes or so and Space and Splash Mountains being over an hour. It can take a while to fight through the crowds and wait for buses so if your kids are young enough it might be best to let them take a nap in their strollers. It will save you a lot of time.

2. Fast Passes can be tricky since sometimes the lines can be very short and you will feel like you wasted it but sometimes you can really regret not getting one. It all depends on the ride. Here are a few hints from personal observation:
- At Epcot, always get a FP for Soarin. Even during the slow times the line can be over an hour and a half long. Test Track's single rider line is usually 20 minutes or under so a FP isn't needed for solo adults but if you are with kids you don't want them riding alone if they get scared easily.
- Also at Epcot, don't bother with a FP for Spaceship Earth. Yes, during the summer the lines are very long but it usually goes away after 2:00ish. It's easy to just walk on in the late afternoon or evening. Never do it first thing in the morning.
- At Studios the line for Tower of Terror and Space Tours usually goes quickly so save it for Toy Story and Rockin Roller Coaster. I used a FP for Fantasmic for the first time the other week and it does get you a much better seat. Also, if there are 2 Fantasmics that night wait for the second one - it's always way less crowded.
- At Animal Kingdom, I would get FP's for Kali and Everest. The safari line is usually ok if you get there first thing in the morning, which is best anyway since the animal are more active. Bug's Life is never that crowded so skip the FP for that.
- There are LOT'S of FP available for Magic Kingdom. Try to schedule your three one early, because you can then get a fourth but only after you used all three. There are FP for some characters which can be worth it. I would use FP for Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, all the mountains, and some of the newer rides in New Fantasyland like the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Under the Sea, and Enchanted Tales with Belle.
- Also, if you even want a chance to meet Anna and Elsa and not wait in a five hour line, get your FPs today. I already heard that they are sold out until the end of June, probably July by now. Don't expect to walk into Magic Kingdom and just get one. Also, don't try to run in as soon as the park opens. People eating at Cinderella's Royal Table get in an hour or so before the park officially opens and they will line up when they finish breakfast. The park will open and there will already be an hour line. Also, if you want any Frozen merchandise go to Sir Mickey's next to Princess Fairy Tale Hall. They get the first shipments but things have been selling out quickly.

3. I believe that after waiting with the DAS pass you get to go directly to the front of the line. Almost every ride has a "VIP" entrance that can take you directly to where the ride loads. Sometimes it's just through the exit. The idea with the DAS pass is that, while technically you wait the same time, you can do something else during the wait (like get a drink, sit in the AC, or go on a short line) instead of standing in line. Next time you are loading into a ride look around and you will usually see someone going in. Fun fact - every Make a Wish kid and their family automatically goes to the front of every line, including characters. Unfortunately some people fake or buy used MaW badges just to skip lines....:furious:

So, good luck! It can be hard to navigate the crowds but try not to stress. If you remember one thing, remember this - always start in the back of the park and work forward. Too many people try to jump on the first ride they see - but so does everyone else. Meanwhile, rides in the back of the park sit empty for a few hours. Then around 1:00 everything flips - the front of the park is relatively empty since at that time no one is really coming or going and the back is full. Same is true for every park.

Once again, good luck!

Edit for Siskaren - it's ok, I got it. I used to work attractions at another Orlando park. Also, you would be surprised by how much photographers know about attractions. When you are assigned to stand in one spot for three hours and that spot happens to be in front of Spaceship Earth or Everest you observe and learn a lot. Also, I go into the parks more than most average visitors so I know the trends.

dekraut, did you mean to post in a thread about Memory Maker? The reason I ask is that all of your questions are about FP+, which would be better to ask in the Theme Park Attractions and Strategies board.

UGH!

Yes, I meant to post in a different thread. Does this mean I have to give up my posting privileges for a while? :)

Sorry - been following a few different threads and got my photo pass and fast pass mixed up! I need a Disney vacation!

Thanks for helping anyway. I need an emoticon with a dunce cap!

Thanks to ChanaC for answering anyway! That was very kind of you.

Sorry for the confusion! I am still trying to understand the functionality of the magic band. I asked the question because I wondered whether the MB needed to be activated by scanning a ticket for admission first. I guess not. I think the MM will get activated when the MB is scanned when taking a picture or it is worn on a ride like Tower of Terror. MB does not have to be scanned when entering the park for MM to work. Or if I get a hard MM card, they can take it with them and get all the pictures they take to the photopass account via MM.

I think I understand how the MB, FP+ and MM work a bit more every day. Thanks again for your help! Hopefully I will be all set in August!!

There are two types of Magic Bands:

The first are the ones you receive as a resort guest. They are programmed as a room key. You can then add on other functions like park admissions, touch to pay, and MM. You can also get photos scanned to the band which you can then choose to pay for.

The second are MBs you can buy in the parks. When you buy these bands you must link something to it, such as park admission and/or MM. So if I understand what you are asking, you can just get a MB and just put MM on it. However, it isn't magically activated when you take a photo. They will do it for you at the cashier.

Yes, you can also get the physical MM card. It's white and has Mr. or Mrs. Incredible on it.

I'm still not positive what you are asking but I hope this clears it up.

Totally panicking. We just took a trip to WDW 6/1-6/7 at the Beach Club Villas. We are DVC members and go frequently. This however was a special trip for our granddaughters (5 & 7). They are moving overseas in a few months and I won't bore you with details but long flights are a problem for me.
I always manage our pictures and have had a photo-pass account for a number of years.

The problem: our party arrived in two separate groups with my husband arriving before me, and long story short, they attached the Memory Maker to him and his Magic Band. When I took the memory maker card and tried to link it to our long standing photopass account, it refused me as it was already attached to my husband. Now it is saying I need to pay for all my photo-pass pictures. I've tried adding the cards to him and tried switching the memory maker to me and variations on that. I'm sure there is an obvious solution and I'm just too overwrought. I've emailed, my hubby spent over an hour on the phone and never got to talk to a live person. Can you help?
Thanks for your time! Fingers crossed.

Totally panicking. We just took a trip to WDW 6/1-6/7 at the Beach Club Villas. We are DVC members and go frequently. This however was a special trip for our granddaughters (5 & 7). They are moving overseas in a few months and I won't bore you with details but long flights are a problem for me.
I always manage our pictures and have had a photo-pass account for a number of years.

The problem: our party arrived in two separate groups with my husband arriving before me, and long story short, they attached the Memory Maker to him and his Magic Band. When I took the memory maker card and tried to link it to our long standing photopass account, it refused me as it was already attached to my husband. Now it is saying I need to pay for all my photo-pass pictures. I've tried adding the cards to him and tried switching the memory maker to me and variations on that. I'm sure there is an obvious solution and I'm just too overwrought. I've emailed, my hubby spent over an hour on the phone and never got to talk to a live person. Can you help?
Thanks for your time! Fingers crossed.

First, are you and your husband linked together? If not link together as family and friends. He may need to go into his account and make sure that he approves others to see his plans and photos. Worst comes to worst, can't you just sign into his account? If he has all the photos, sign in as him and do what you need to do. Make sure you are on a computer with enough memory space and download the photos. Besides that, I'm not really sure. I'm really only trained on taking photos and using the view stations in the parks. Not positive about all the online components. Sorry and I hope this helps!

ChanaC, Awesome thread! I love photography & Disney. So if you can imagine our first trip as a family I took so many photos! I didn’t know a whole lot about photo pass at the time. Even though I had been to Disney World when I was much younger, it was like I was seeing everything for the very first time. This trip I’m really excited about our purchase of Memory Maker. This trip I can sit back & see Disney thru the eyes of my son & family.

I just finished reading thru all 18 pages of this thread. I didn’t see this question, so I thought I’d ask. We are staying at the Art of Animation Resort. Would you happen to know if there is a Photo pass Photographer at this Resort? Our last trip we stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I met a Photo pass Photographer in the lobby & was able to spend a little time with him, since there was no one waiting. It was really fun & refreshing just getting to chat with him a bit while waiting on the family to return from our room. Thanks!

There are no PhotoPass photographers at the Art of Animation resort, nope.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

ChanaC, Awesome thread! I love photography & Disney. So if you can imagine our first trip as a family I took so many photos! I didn’t know a whole lot about photo pass at the time. Even though I had been to Disney World when I was much younger, it was like I was seeing everything for the very first time. This trip I’m really excited about our purchase of Memory Maker. This trip I can sit back & see Disney thru the eyes of my son & family.

I just finished reading thru all 18 pages of this thread. I didn’t see this question, so I thought I’d ask. We are staying at the Art of Animation Resort. Would you happen to know if there is a Photo pass Photographer at this Resort? Our last trip we stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I met a Photo pass Photographer in the lobby & was able to spend a little time with him, since there was no one waiting. It was really fun & refreshing just getting to chat with him a bit while waiting on the family to return from our room. Thanks!

No there isn't. Usually, photographers are only found at view stations in certain resorts (AKL, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, and Yacht Club). They are also found at some dining locations (Chef Mickey's - Contemporary, Ohana [mornings] and Spirit of Aloha - Poly, 1900 Park Fare - Grand FL, and Hoop de do Revue - Ft. Wilderness). During the holidays they may be at some resorts shooting Christmas trees or special characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter