"Have a Drink & Try to Relax" - Fantasy Eastern Concierge Sept 2012 - Complete

Pirate Trivia

We got changed & headed to O'Gills to get some drinks to go before trivia.

My husband enjoyed a Pina Colada.
QIEst.jpg

I enjoyed yet another Shipbuilder's Wife.

vAkvi.jpg

We enjoyed these quickly & my husband had to get us a refill before the game began.

VppTe.jpg

UZc3d.jpg

We had fun but we lost.

As we still had some time before dinner, we headed to the rainforest room until then.

bGhtT.jpg

Nice to see your reviews! We're going concierge on the wonder next month, love your Remy and Palo pics! The tastings sound fun. I can't wait to try them!

So glad you finally took the DVC plunge! Will you be doing F&W next year? I'm hoping third year in a row I finally get there!

Nice to see your reviews! We're going concierge on the wonder next month, love your Remy and Palo pics! The tastings sound fun. I can't wait to try them!

So glad you finally took the DVC plunge! Will you be doing F&W next year? I'm hoping third year in a row I finally get there!

Thanks for joining in! Enjoy your upcoming cruise. The tastings are a lot of fun and a lot cheaper was of getting lots of drinks.

We most likely will be doing F&W next year but as weekends most likely. I just got home from a final interview for a job in Naples, FL so if that works out, we'll finally be Florida Residents which will change how we go to Disney. At the moment, our current trip is scheduled for Feb staying at BLT. I'll be making reservations soon for some weekends in October once I find out whats going on with that job.

Pirate Dinner

Back in 2007, I went on the Magic, sans fiancé (now Mr. Dis_Yoda.) The pirate meal during that trip was one of my favorite meals. In 2010 - we missed the pirate meal as we ate in Remy that evening, so for this cruise we made sure we wouldn't miss it.

Boy, I wish we did miss it!

I began with:
a4mDv.jpg

Pirates Golden "Pot Stickers" - oriental pork "dumplings" deep fried and served with a tamarind-ginger soy sauce and pickled vegetables

They were really chewy and not the chewy with crispness that is typical with potstickers. Now I realize I am really spoiled when it comes to potstickers thanks to my coworker & some of the local places around here, but these were just bad.

My husband started with:
GcVgE.jpg

Jerk Chicken Salad - jerk-seasoned chicken strips over fresh crispy greens with a citrus dressing and plantain chips

He did enjoy the chicken but the salad was over dressed.

I had for my entree
VDoF3.jpg

Captain Hook's Macadamia Nut-dusted Mahi Mahi - Jasmine rice and sautéed pineapple on a mild curry sauce

The plantain chips were the same as what was on my husband's salad - stale. The Mahi-Mahi was ok but the curry sauce was just too mild & needed seasoning overall.

My husband went for
OlrtS.jpg

The Dutchmen's Dijon-Crusted Sirloin of Beef - thick cut of beef with oven-roasted sweet potatoes and a black spot tomato with deep red wine glaze

It was alright.

For dessert I went with the,
caPmm.jpg

Banana-Chocolate Crepe - with mango coulis and coconut

Yeah, that was pretty much just a cold banana roll up. My disappointment might have slightly been my fault though I was expecting something more closely related to the nutella-banana crepe that IHOP has with the sliced fresh bananas & chocolate sauce.

My husband had
Uur69.jpg

Rum Soaked Chocolate Cake - with raspberry glaze and whipped cream

It was ok.

Xa3b5.jpg

We were overall lackluster with this meal and as we headed back to the room before the show at 7:45 pirate show, we asked the concierge if we could see the menu for the next night and decide if we would choose something else other than our dinner seating that evening. The menu for that next evening didn't look good so we asked if we could try for Palo that next evening and luckily they were able to get us squeezed in.

As we still had some time before the show, we started our Muppet game around the ship as no one was doing it at that time.

Rh1rk.jpg

Pirate Evening Entertainment

After getting our stuff set up for the next evening, we headed to Deck 12 to watch the pirate show where there would be less crowds. They were walking around with sunken treasures in speciality glow glasses and as we hadn't gotten any at that time, we purchased 2 drinks for ourselves to enjoy before it began.

Overall it was really not crowded even on the lower deck.

Gq4Yj.jpg

qiJ7N.jpg

A17PJ.jpg

WsB2Z.jpg

After the show, we dropped off our glasses

4tkIU.jpg

and went out to finish our Muppet Mystery! This one was a lot better than the missing Dalmatians we did on the Dream, although taking pictures of the door & the call board helped not having to run back and forth as much.

CdG9C.jpg

wyeLz.jpg

Once that was completed, we headed to up Meridian to try to watch the fireworks from back there but the outside decks are closed off during the fireworks & 2 officers were having a meal with a lady out there so it was a bit awkward so we went back inside to have a drink before our cognac tasting.

At 10:30, we had a very small cognac tasting with it being my husband and I, 2 of the ladies I enjoyed Palo with and 1 other gentlemen.

One of those ladies brought her bottle of Utopias from Sam Adams and nicely shared it with us at the tasting. (with a larger tasting portion than they used to give at Party of the Senses years ago)

jtGui.jpg

iSyTm.jpg

My husband discovered he really doesn't like cognac but having never had it before, at least he knows now. I enjoyed it.

Thanks for joining in! Enjoy your upcoming cruise. The tastings are a lot of fun and a lot cheaper was of getting lots of drinks.

We most likely will be doing F&W next year but as weekends most likely. I just got home from a final interview for a job in Naples, FL so if that works out, we'll finally be Florida Residents which will change how we go to Disney. At the moment, our current trip is scheduled for Feb staying at BLT. I'll be making reservations soon for some weekends in October once I find out whats going on with that job.

When in February are you going? We're at BLT from the 4th-7th, and at Kidani for five days before that.

I hope I timed pirate night correctly on our cruise. I booked Palo for that night. You menu confirms that I just don't care for the pirate night meals.

When in February are you going? We're at BLT from the 4th-7th, and at Kidani for five days before that.

I hope I timed pirate night correctly on our cruise. I booked Palo for that night. You menu confirms that I just don't care for the pirate night meals.

We're at BLT from late in the evening on the 6th to the 10th.

Going to Palo that night is differently the right choice.

St. Thomas/St. Johns

This morning we had a small breakfast in the Concierge lounge & grabbed some more water bottles before heading to check into our excursion. We had selected to do the St. John Eco Hike. We were one of about 12 people on this excursion for this trip, all adults. The cruise staff teased us all during the check in. We were walked off the boat shortly and led to a ferry to St. John. The journey took about 45 minutes from the ship to the island.

7WzJM.jpg

A7xqY.jpg

Once at St. John we were lead to visitor center for any last bathroom breaks before our hike.

xgHqp.jpg

We were lead for about 75 minutes through the park until we got to Honeymoon beach. There was about a 45 minute stop at Honeymoon Beach if you wanted to swim. The thought of walking another hour being wet from the ocean didn't sound appealing to me so my husband and I just hung out around beach during this time (and sadly, I caught up on work emails too)

NmG9Y.jpg

SCGym.jpg

mARN9.jpg

YnQUA.jpg

(Tour Guide & Donkey)

JvqjA.jpg

YtZEo.jpg

xuzi0.jpg

f6WJN.jpg

After the beach stop, we walked towards the abandoned sugar mill.

8Xeqk.jpg

KqXB4.jpg

0QWl5.jpg

tJRmh.jpg

r9h3I.jpg

Really big termite mound

When we finished with the mill, a truck was suppose to be there waiting for us to take us back to the ferry dock. It wasn't. We did have to wait about 20 minutes to get picked up which meant the ferry had to be held back for us & we didn't get time to look in the shoppes around the ferry area.

uBeAa.jpg

ND4Oa.jpg

1hoC1.jpg

As we approached the cruise dock in St. Thomas, the other ship in port was doing their boat drill.

XquYT.jpg

FTXwE.jpg

Wv5GY.jpg

1uzzh.jpg

Our legs were too tired at this point to go shopping by the docks. We headed back to the room to change out of our hiking clothes and grab a small lunch by the pool before we headed to relax in the Rainforest room and Satellite Falls for a bit.

Palo Take Two

After relaxing some around the ship, we walked around aimlessly.

qTxgJ.jpg

(My husband really wanted me to take this photo for some reason)

Y8Uja.jpg

FlRxJ.jpg

View from Veranda

We then got ready for dinner.

We checked in right on time and were led to the exact table we were at two nights prior. Laszlo was our server once again & was absolutely amazing.

4mrJ8.jpg

Antipasta

We decided against the vegetables this time as we knew we would not eat them.

6GiTz.jpg

Super yummy flatbread

g8pn8.jpg

View from table

xsVWE.jpg

My husband went light for his appetizer, Fresh Arugula Salad with Choice of Palo’s Dressings, except there wasn't really a choice of dressings just the one it came with.

lzQLM.jpg

(Repeat picture I know!)
I went for what my husband had last time, Sicilian Pesto Marinated Grilled Shrimp: On a Mussel, Crab, and Cherry Tomato Ragu, and greatly enjoyed it.

jdNj6.jpg

My husband went for the same thing as last time for the pasta course, a half portion of Lobster Ravioli.

I did the same thing as my husband,
Pa07A.jpg

and had the same thing as before - the half portion of Mushroom Risotto.

For our entrees, we did change what we initially had.

My husband went for:
XPKLG.jpg

Beef Tenderloin

I went for:
jKgmF.jpg

Rombo al Finocchio — Pan seared Turbot on Fingerling potatoes, Porcini, Pancetta and Fennel with Walnut Butter

For dessert my husband had the Tiramisu.
oMkvh.jpg

I went for the souffle
7Xlb6.jpg

And after dinner drink!
v78qK.jpg

The service was as great as the other two visits.

We headed back and got a drink from the lounge and headed back to the room.

AD2j4.jpg

We had intentions of going back out but ended up falling asleep instead ><

Last Day At Sea

Today's goal was to just enjoy the ship as much as possible.

We did breakfast in the concierge lounge

dstgv.jpg

I headed to the rainforest room afterwards before it was time for my massage.

It was the 75 minute hot stone massage & it was bliss!

My husband enjoyed the gym.

Afterwards we walked around some.

uYLFJ.jpg

Enjoyed a cocktail or two at the pool bar.

Got a quick snack by the pool.
FPgFk.jpg

iYKTb.jpg

We then watched the princess parade from the upper level as there was no way we were going to wait in that line to visit with them!
sq0sc.jpg

FdpwE.jpg

We then attended the towel folding class.

FdpwE.jpg

V1CKM.jpg

Our snake

iC2is.jpg

Puppy

cjvPb.jpg

Monkey

There was then a special reception for the concierge guests on the sun deck. They had free cocktails and some snacks.

Stitch also visited us upstairs!

ZbMNG.jpg

Us1Ac.jpg

(It was really windy upstairs)

Animator's Palette

We cleaned up for dinner & headed down for our first dinner at Animator's.

2INFA.jpg

YlZKG.jpg

n0Xdx.jpg

There was a set appetizer as it was a show dinner.

fOgi2.jpg

WzAea.jpg

Cocktail

There was a set soup.
XfPsC.jpg

Buttered Popcorn Soup

It was interesting. I didn't really eat much of it as just a few bites was all I needed.

L6uiI.jpg

We were able to select our main entree though!
My husband went for the Lobster Tail
Qhbvz.jpg

He had no complaints.

I went for the parmesan encrusted chicken w/ pasta
r405I.jpg

The server also brought us an entree we didn't ask for as it was something he loved.
Tm1NZ.jpg

It was the fish dish and the bite I had was tasty.

Bk2Zo.jpg

Next up was dessert:

Warm Chocolate Lava Cake
k8Ztm.jpg

Sampler
0E3LH.jpg

Chocolate Cheesecake
NAvhc.jpg

All of them were great!

This is overall our favorite main dining room menu of the cruise.

HLIMl.jpg

OSJz4.jpg

I'm so excited to see your review. We've got cabin 12004 on the Feb 2nd sailing. I'm anxious to hear your thoughts. What would you suggest to try for an upgrade to a one bedroom and any idea how much I'd be looking at? We're traveling with our two sons so I'm all about more space!
Thanks again for sharing your trip.

I'm so excited to see your review. We've got cabin 12004 on the Feb 2nd sailing. I'm anxious to hear your thoughts. What would you suggest to try for an upgrade to a one bedroom and any idea how much I'd be looking at? We're traveling with our two sons so I'm all about more space!
Thanks again for sharing your trip.

I loved 12004! There was just my husband and I and I thought there were plenty of space for a cruise ship for the two of us. I mean, if you can afford to upgrade, I would but more so as your space would be pretty much doubled and plus you get the super cool tv in the bathroom mirror. (Simple things amuse me)

Night Life

After dinner, we took a stroll on the upper deck back to the room.

1NCkb.jpg

Got a drink from the bar and headed to the Disney Trivia in D Lounge

iv3IY.jpg

BMAnq.jpg

We lost but seeing as there was a 5 section set of current shows on Disney Channel, we were totally going to be out for those points as the last Disney Channel show I watched as Suite Life on Deck.

We headed to the O'Gills got a drink and then called it a night.

3GU4b.jpg

Castaway Cay

At midnight, the boat officially premiered Finding Nemo 3-D. My husband & I aren't night time people, so we knew we wouldn't be able to stay up for that.

When we woke up this morning, there was a Finding Nemo showing around 7:30AM, so we attended the showing in the theatre. Barely anyone was there at that time since it was so early and most people wanted to be among the first off for the beach. The movie was great! I have seen it many times before but being on a Disney Boat seeing a Disney Movie is always a little bit better.

j1016.jpg

After the movie was over, we headed off the boat & to Serenity Bay by the trams.

rLw77.jpg

D4KHK.jpg

UtRJA.jpg

HWdys.jpg

We enjoyed our time by the water, swimming out rather far. After our time at the beach, we got a drink by the bar.

We had lunch at the BBQ on Serenity Bay. Something about a hot dog in a french roll just makes me happy, even if there was a lack of cookie dough ice cream.

We headed back to the boat. I rode the Aqua Duck when we returned to the boat and we headed to the room to clean up from our beach day along with packing up everything that hadn't been packed yet.

Around The Ship & Beer Tasting

Excuse the long hiatus, I spent the last month moving from Georgia to Florida and am finally at a point of being settled and normalizing.

We decided to walk around the ship and explore the kid's clubs as they were having open house. The ship was dead this afternoon as everyone was still out at Castaway.

TjHv0.jpg

Qk5dS.jpg

KIjaU.jpg

5qO3E.jpg

EU2By.jpg

ntM1E.jpg

I seriously spent like 45 minutes playing the card game in there as I did the extra hard version.

wGwv6.jpg

We then did another version of the Detective Agency.
TAlUZ.jpg

And then it was time to head to O'Gills for our Beer Tasting.

I'm not the biggest fan of beer, but I knew my husband would enjoy it.

6WgT2.jpg

The beers given to use weren't too exotic, I know it was Sam Adams, Stella, Newcastle, Boddingtons, Guinness.

The bartender went on about the history of the individual beers and reasons why certain cans of beer have a ball in them.

z3pnu.jpg

They then had them make a half & half with the Guinness and Boddingtons.

wl0e5.jpg

It was a lot of beer on not much of food in our stomach. I was feeling good as we headed to dinner!

Final Dinner

Our final meal was in the Enchanted Garden

0R0s7.jpg

6GtAB.jpg

i8VyP.jpg

I don't remember what was on the menu so here are the pictures!

o3q8J.jpg

f8TuV.jpg

mFD95.jpg

xsI1W.jpg

R2kB0.jpg

XhNou.jpg

gmIP8.jpg

wMTSf.jpg

Baked Alaska

Final Night Around the Ship

It was our final night & I still hadn't visited certain bars. My husband was tired & went to bed. I went out by myself.

I first visited O La La. I was the only person there for the hour I was there.

qekD6.jpg

x1h1u.jpg

QVpCv.jpg

I tried the elderbubble & Blue Angel. Both were very well made!

I then headed to Skyline where I got another blue drink.
3jCJt.jpg

4CySt.jpg

I then called it a night as I think I had enough alcohol for the final day at sea.

Going Home

We never put our luggage out the night before so that we would be able to get directly off the boat without having to find our luggage. We breezed through customs & were able to get on our shuttle quickly as we headed back to our car at the Radisson & hit the road back to Georgia.

B79kx.jpg

zMSk5.jpg

KiWrs.jpg

It overall was a great vacation.

Thank you for taking the time to finish your trip report. Thanks for the info on the beer tasting. DH would have wanted to do that tasting, but knowing that he has most of those beers in the fridge right now kinda makes me think we'll skip that one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter