Have a Christmas rant? This is the place for you!

I hate my Christmas tree this year. We decided to get rid of our regular lights and go with LEDs this year, and it looks awful, even the kids think so. The rest of the house looks so warm and welcoming, but the living room looks like a nightclub, I don't even want to turn the tree on. Not to mention, my beloved star topper doesn't work with them either so I just stuck a stupid bow up there. I know its a pretty petty rant but its really ruining my Christmas spirit!

my living room looks the same way! i HATE these LED lights! :sad2: as soon as Christmas is over, i'm buying new regular lights, and getting rid of these ugly things!

:We can't afford Christmas gifts! :sad1: I don't want to ear what everyone else is doing for Christmas. I don't want to hear how DH's boss just got to go to Disneyland while we are struggling to pay bills and groceries! :furious: I am thankful that we have grandparents who love to buy our kids toys. I am just praying the toys the boys want are in stock right before Christmas. :sad2:

No rants here. DH is a huge help with the decorating, purchasing, shipping and cleaning.

Question - Thise who hate the LEDs. What brand and style did you buy? White or colored? We love the ceramic C9s andthe faceted LEDs. The cheap LEDs withthe bulb exposed are not nice to look at.

My only rant is that I wish my mother could be here for Christmas. I got through Thanksgiving without her (she just passed this October) but it was beyond hard. I have good days, I have bad days, and I have days where I can't stop sobbing. I'm really just hoping that I can make it though Christmas morning and evening without breaking down infront of everyone.

:We can't afford Christmas gifts! :sad1: I don't want to ear what everyone else is doing for Christmas. I don't want to hear how DH's boss just got to go to Disneyland while we are struggling to pay bills and groceries! :furious: I am thankful that we have grandparents who love to buy our kids toys. I am just praying the toys the boys want are in stock right before Christmas. :sad2:

I'm sorry. :(

My only rant is that I wish my mother could be here for Christmas. I got through Thanksgiving without her (she just passed this October) but it was beyond hard. I have good days, I have bad days, and I have days where I can't stop sobbing. I'm really just hoping that I can make it though Christmas morning and evening without breaking down infront of everyone.

:hug:

my baah humbug rant is writing out Christmas cards for people we don' t see or communicate with all year round-why?!

on a deeper level, there was a major fallout in our family in September, still on going, and I' m kind of dreading Christmas eve,Christmas day and boxing day.

as pp pointed out, life is short and precious- if only others would figure that out.:)

My dad, his gf, my two brothers, and their significant others always come to my house for 4-5 days. Great - I love them and I hate to travel. And we have plenty of room. However, not one of them will bring anything (wine, a dessert, whatever) or lift a finger while they are here. I know that as a hostess I shouldn't expect anything, that I should just host, but it would really be nice if someone would, like, put a glass in the dishwasher once in a while. Let alone pick up the tab for a grocery run.

Everyone is at least 33 years old, btw. Old enough to know better.

Sounds familiar, unfortunately.

Rant:

Keep the Ex's away from the family Christmas if some of the family members don't get along with the Ex. It's a family holiday - the family should be comfortable.

The first Ex wasn't invited... the second shouldn't be either. And the day when there is a third, I'll expect the same!

My rant is people have over commercialized Christmas. It's not about presents and decorations it's about Jesus coming to earth and being born as a man. Rant over!

My Christmas rant is my job. I am a contract attorney. I've read a lot of DIS threads this year about having to pay for your own company party, or how big the bonus is.

-no Christmas bonus
-no Christmas party, paid for by us or otherwise
-we can have Christmas eve and day off, but we won't get paid for either, so if I want to earn any money Christmas week I need to be back at work on Wednesday, and maybe work Saturday to make up for missing 2 days

I am kind of surprised they even heat the building for us.

We don't get a Christmas bonus, we don't get a Christmas party, we have to work Christmas Eve and they DO NOT heat our building, you should see me sitting at my desk with a sweatshirt, scarf, hood up, gloves and a blanket over my legs with my space heater on high under my desk. Tomorrow I need to bring a beanie, it's about 20 degrees in here!!

DBF doesn't shop for anyone but me either, I bought his parents gifts and I'll be looking at Amazon for his sister and her kids, I also buy for everyone in my family. Drives me nuts, I even buy my own stocking stuffers, otherwise I have none. One year I didn't get myself anything and only had a candy bar and had to explain to the kids (who still believed) why Santa only gave me 1 candy bar. :rolleyes: Oh, and I have DD12's 13th birthday Saturday and DBF's birthday a couple weeks after Christmas, and let me tell you, if we don't do something or give him gifts he flips out. lol

Oh, I have a brand new rant. I just plugged the tree in (usually have it off during the day) and the middle string of lights (right in the middle of the tree) does not work.

Are you freaking kidding me???? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME??? :furious:

Screw it. The damn things can stay un-lit.

Omg the exact same thing happened to me the day after I decorated the entire tree (literally it took me the whole day). I debated just leaving it but it really did not look festive, my poor tree looked tired and beaten. Took me another hour or so to remove decorations to get to the string of lights which was connected to more lights etc. ugh! Hate those middle strings lol. Happy holidays everyone!

Oh, please, can you post a photo of Santa Alien! I don't think I have ever seen one of those before!

As soon as I can get one of my dkids to take a pic I will post it. (I don't have that capability on my phone. :confused3)

I have to work Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas. Now my stupid MIL wants to come over Christmas day-my only day to relax-UGH. I'll see them on Christmas eve. Why do they have to ruin my Christmas?

May peace be with you and your family.:hug::hug:

Omg the exact same thing happened to me the day after I decorated the entire tree (literally it took me the whole day). I debated just leaving it but it really did not look festive, my poor tree looked tired and beaten. Took me another hour or so to remove decorations to get to the string of lights which was connected to more lights etc. ugh! Hate those middle strings lol. Happy holidays everyone!

The lights must have decided to stay on my good side, because when I went to show my DD the offending lights, they were miraculously lit.

Oh, I have a brand new rant. I just plugged the tree in (usually have it off during the day) and the middle string of lights (right in the middle of the tree) does not work.

Are you freaking kidding me???? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME??? :furious:

Screw it. The damn things can stay un-lit.

This is what happened when I went to put up the tree---you know, the tree I swore I wasn't going to put up since DH is having surgery tomorrow and won't be able to lift anything over 15 lbs. for 6-8- weeks so I'll be putting all the decorations away. Anyhow, I played with it and played with it and finally just took it as a sign from God that it was ok not to have a tree;) Not so fast though--DH decides that we really need a new tree (seriously!!!????) so goes out and buys another prelit one. Well, at least it worked. So now I'm still stuck having to take down the tree and stash it (along with all the other stuff DH keeps dragging out of storage) by myself. Merry Christmas to me.:rolleyes1

Mine is so little compared to everyone else you see I was supposed to see my dad some time this month but the plans got changed and I wont see him till Jan and I miss him so much. but at least he is still alive

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter