Have 2 rooms booked- Can I put the people in just one room on the DDP?

It doesn't appear anyone so far in this thread is aware of the Dining Plan restriction that states that "dining entitlements cannot be shared with persons not participating in the Dining Plan".

Now, that may not be a direct quote, but it's pretty close. Entitlements = credits, and what it means specifically to the OP and others in this thread is, only the three Guests in the room with the Dining Plan are allowed to use credits to pay for their meals. The three Guests in the other room are required to pay by some other method - cash, credit, room charge, gift card.

Disney also states that No outside food or beverages are allowed to be brought in to the park. Clearly, they overlook that too. They know people are sharing some counter service meals, and if they weren't still making money in spite of this, they'd discontinue it.

Disney also states that No outside food or beverages are allowed to be brought in to the park. Clearly, they overlook that too. They know people are sharing some counter service meals, and if they weren't still making money in spite of this, they'd discontinue it.

Do they say no outside food/beverages? I thought they just specify no Rolling Coolers??

It doesn't appear anyone so far in this thread is aware of the Dining Plan restriction that states that "dining entitlements cannot be shared with persons not participating in the Dining Plan".

Now, that may not be a direct quote, but it's pretty close. Entitlements = credits, and what it means specifically to the OP and others in this thread is, only the three Guests in the room with the Dining Plan are allowed to use credits to pay for their meals. The three Guests in the other room are required to pay by some other method - cash, credit, room charge, gift card.

For crying out loud, give it a rest.:snooty:

I'm sure the OP and other posters are aware of the restrictions. Everyone here can read and understand what the rules state.

We don't buy people counter service meals who are in the separate room, but we have shared our meal with them since we only eat about half a meal each. So, we only get the number of counter service meals on the plan per day, but just share them with more people because we arn't big eaters. Should we all throw the food away instead? I don't think so. I don't think it works for sit down meals though.

I think just purchasing the dining plan for one room is a great idea...its saves food waste and money. Its simply being responsible with your resources and non-wasteful.

Do they say no outside food/beverages? I thought they just specify no Rolling Coolers??
Really? I see at least one family dragging one of those around every trip. I wish they would ban them!

I didn't say food - I said "dining plan credits". It means someone participating in the dining plan can't use their credits to buy a meal for someone not on the dining plan.

Oh. I didn't know everyone IS aware of the restrictions (given the variety of questions about the dining plans over the last five years). It's also entirely possible that not everybody is aware of the DIS guidelines' restriction against posting advice on ways to get around Walt Disney World (or Disneyland) rules :confused3

Let the mods worry about DISers sticking to the guidelines

I had my husband call, since he is the adult listed in the other room with our 2 younger children and they let him add the dining plan for just them. It will work out very well that way for all of us.

58 more sleeps til we are in DISNEY WORLD! :cheer2:

Make sure you come back here and tell us how it went.

On our last trip, we were 4 adults and 1 child on QS. I have a second grandchild who is too young at 2, to be on a plan. We often got 3 adult meals and all shared. We had about 7 meals and 10 snacks left on the last day. We could turn in each meal for three snacks and used snack credits also. We went home with lots of goodies!:banana:

I was told we could turn in our meal credits for snacks on the last day but we completely forgot. We ended up with 19 meal credits left n our last day (DDP) and I was kicking myself in the butt the whole way home!

The next trip we're going to be 3 adults & 1 child with just basic dining plan. 1 counter service, 1 table service & 1 snack per person per day, and I know even with that we will have credits left. DD isn't a big eater. On the next to the last day I did order 4 adult meals and they let me despite only 2 adults & 1 child being on our plan.

Just wanted to agree with the poster who mentioned that the Counter Service meals are not identified as "kids counter service" and "adult counter service" for the meal plan. I often would pay out of pocket for my nephew's meal and use "his" credit to buy another adult meal some other time. This is much more cost effective for our family.

On our last trip, we were 4 adults and 1 child on QS. I have a second grandchild who is too young at 2, to be on a plan. We often got 3 adult meals and all shared. We had about 7 meals and 10 snacks left on the last day. We could turn in each meal for three snacks and used snack credits also. We went home with lots of goodies!:banana:

We did too! We had 8 CS credits left the day before we flew home *early* so late in the evening I went to the Pop food court and bought lots of goodies ~ we came home with several Mickey Rice Krispy treats!

We did too! We had 8 CS credits left the day before we flew home *early* so late in the evening I went to the Pop food court and bought lots of goodies ~ we came home with several Mickey Rice Krispy treats!

We got those, carmel corn, brownies and chips and hummas for on the plane! Yummo, bringing home some magic was fun!! We would have had even more credits left, but the last two days we started getting breakfasts also, just to try and use them up!

And before anyone tries to start an argument, we told them that the leftover meals were child credits, they said with leftover credits it makes no difference at all. One meal credit equals 3 snacks. FYI

We visited in December and had standard Dining Plan. One night we brought a friend with us to dinner who lives nearby. We were "#3 on the DP and were able to use #4 table services for dinner one night.

As far as I know, your table service are listed together, QS are together, snacks together......but you can use however many you want at at time. You could use your full allotment of TS in one sitting if you'd like. You are not limited to meals for the number of people on your ressie.

Have fun--

We did this too--we were at Fort Wilderness and my son's girlfriend joined us for the last few days of the trip. We had extra meals (both CS and TS) and we were able to use 4 meal credits, even though there were only 3 adults listed on our cards.

have you asked anyone if you might have a PIN on your account for free dining? We are going in June, and have 2 reservations, and I asked and we did have a QS PIN. So now both my reservations have free dining, which is great.

I know someone mentioned the Adult/Child thing. We went 2 years ago and the cards did mention Child and the guy gave me a hard time when I got 2 adult meals at the POP counter service area. I had to have a manager let it go through. Now, that was under the old dining plan so maybe it has changed now with the new QS plan. If that is the case it will be great, since last time my DD and I shared our counter meals since there is so much food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter