Have 2 rooms booked- Can I put the people in just one room on the DDP?

nuttyliser

Earning My Ears
I know it's not worth it for us to put everyone on the dining plan. We have no problem eating breakfast in the room before heading out to the parks and will be bringing along other food for easy meals in the room as well.

We've got 3 adults and 3 children- but one of the kids is 11 and will count as an adult on the DDP. I was thinking of adding the counter service dining plan for just one room (it would be 1 adult and 2 children). Can you even do that? I've got 2 different reservation #'s for the rooms if that makes any difference.

This would get us 6 snacks a day- so a snack for everyone each day, the little ones would be covered for their meals and at least one adult as well. Some days we will be getting table service meals, so we wouldn't even use the credits for that and could save some up. I need someone with more experience to help me out here, please! :)

You would be limited to the number of guests in the room for the dining plan. That is, if all of you were dining at a table service restaurant, only the number of guests in the room with the plan would be able to use the plan at that meal. So if you have three in one room and three in the other, only one adult and the two children would be able to get their meal on the plan. The other three would be out of pocket.

Even if you use counter service, you would have to stand in line twice to use the credits. You'd be limited to three meals at the counter service at one time. You can't use child credits for adult dining.

Even if you use counter service, you would have to stand in line twice to use the credits. You'd be limited to three meals at the counter service at one time.

I don't think this part is correct. We were on free dining for the last two years and you could technically buy as many counterservices as you wanted at one time as long as you don't run over on your points. They just charge you for the number of meals you have and then deduct them off your card.

And ... there were times we made one meal, 2. We ate in the MK (I can't remember the place) and we ordered 2 adult chicken tender meals. At the time, only 2 of us were hungry, however, the other 2 ate a lot of the french fries. Later we didn't stop for another 2 meals because no one was hungry. Just a thought then using your meals.

You can definitely do that. We've done it last 2 trips. There is so much food and waste when everyone gets the plan that this works great.

I know it's not worth it for us to put everyone on the dining plan. We have no problem eating breakfast in the room before heading out to the parks and will be bringing along other food for easy meals in the room as well.

We've got 3 adults and 3 children- but one of the kids is 11 and will count as an adult on the DDP. I was thinking of adding the counter service dining plan for just one room (it would be 1 adult and 2 children). Can you even do that? I've got 2 different reservation #'s for the rooms if that makes any difference.

This would get us 6 snacks a day- so a snack for everyone each day, the little ones would be covered for their meals and at least one adult as well. Some days we will be getting table service meals, so we wouldn't even use the credits for that and could save some up. I need someone with more experience to help me out here, please! :)

We have six people in our family and have been able to be creative with the dining plan. I have one DD13 who eats like a bird so when she orders a meal someone always shares with her. When you do a buffet you would have to split it, but at counter service we have been able to order as many as we wanted as long as we still have meals left. We always vacation in July and with it being so hot we dont eat alot of heavy meals. We actually do a lot of snacks so that is where we spend $$. We split a lot of meals due to our kids ages being 16,13, 10, and 5. By having to get two rooms it gives us some flexibilty with who to put in the rooms and who to pay for the dining plan for.

Mary•Poppins;36005747 said:
I don't think this part is correct. We were on free dining for the last two years and you could technically buy as many counterservices as you wanted at one time as long as you don't run over on your points. They just charge you for the number of meals you have and then deduct them off your card.

And ... there were times we made one meal, 2. We ate in the MK (I can't remember the place) and we ordered 2 adult chicken tender meals. At the time, only 2 of us were hungry, however, the other 2 ate a lot of the french fries. Later we didn't stop for another 2 meals because no one was hungry. Just a thought then using your meals.

Then you were lucky at the time. Most CM's will not allow you to order more CS meals at one time then what is on the KTTW card.

Even if you have to have two of your adults stand in line with two different cards, so what? Yes...the answer is "yes" you can just get the dining plan for one of your reservations and not for the other because they are two different reservations.

A lot depends on if you have two rooms booked or actually have two separate reservations. The rules about dining plan and tickets refers to everyone on the reservation, not to the people in each room separately.

Then you were lucky at the time. Most CM's will not allow you to order more CS meals at one time then what is on the KTTW card.

actually they will all let you. We do that each trip. You can use any of your credits whenever you like. Even says so in the dining plan. The credits are yours to do as you wish with them, even if that means you choose to order 15meals at once.

As others have said, with 2 separate reservations, you can do different packages with the different rooms. I do vaguely recall reading that you are not supposed to be able to use more credits at one time than the number of people on the plan - if you have 3 people, you *supposedly* cannot redeem 4 credits at once. However, this may have changed or I may be recalling it incorrectly. That would be the only thing I'd wonder about.

We currently have QSDP on ours too but are considering dropping it for one room. Well, I am considering it but no one else wants me to. I figure it would be good for the more expensive CS meals and then jsut pay OOP for the burgers and stuff. We will see ( we have 2 seperate reservations as well.)

Adult and kid CS credits are lumped together ~ last Sept. we had 1 child (I had DS down as a 10 year old ~ free dining ~ I knew he'd prefer to order from the adult menu at our TS meals) We didn't order any kids CS meals ~ we'd often split 2 CS adult meals between the 4 of us, my mom was with us.

We visited in December and had standard Dining Plan. One night we brought a friend with us to dinner who lives nearby. We were "#3 on the DP and were able to use #4 table services for dinner one night.

As far as I know, your table service are listed together, QS are together, snacks together......but you can use however many you want at at time. You could use your full allotment of TS in one sitting if you'd like. You are not limited to meals for the number of people on your ressie.

Have fun--

We visited in December and had standard Dining Plan. One night we brought a friend with us to dinner who lives nearby. We were "#3 on the DP and were able to use #4 table services for dinner one night.

As far as I know, your table service are listed together, QS are together, snacks together......but you can use however many you want at at time. You could use your full allotment of TS in one sitting if you'd like. You are not limited to meals for the number of people on your ressie.

Have fun--

You were lucky. There have been quite a few report about not being allowed to use more than the card states. They also would also not allow to order 2 adult CS if the card said you only had one adult on the plan. They were getting stricter becasue of people breaking dining plan rules.

I would be prepared for only charing the dining plan for the number of meals on the card such as 1 adult and two child meals at a time. They were changing this because people were trying to get adult meals with child credits which is also why adult and child TS are now separated. I believe the registers were also changed to not allow it.

Denise in MI

You were lucky. There have been quite a few report about not being allowed to use more than the card states. They also would also not allow to order 2 adult CS if the card said you only had one adult on the plan. They were getting stricter becasue of people breaking dining plan rules.

I would be prepared for only charing the dining plan for the number of meals on the card such as 1 adult and two child meals at a time. They were changing this because people were trying to get adult meals with child credits which is also why adult and child TS are now separated. I believe the registers were also changed to not allow it.

Denise in MI

This may be the case with table service, but you can order whatever number of counter service meals you want. On one trip, we had at least 1 extra counter service meal per person on our last day. My DH, used just 1 card and ordered 9 counter service meals with our credits for 5 adults.

We did this last year, and it worked out perfectly for us. We had 2 rooms at Pop, and put 1 adult and 2 kids in one room with quick service dining plan. In the second room we had 1 adult, 1 older child. We had 2 separate reservations, but they were linked in the Disney system so our rooms were connecting.

We did it partly because we knew we couldn't eat 5 full meals at every meal, but also we wanted to have just a couple sit down meals. When we were there they were offering a gift card with each package, so we had a gift card for each room, and we used that to pay for the sit down meals. It was just the right amount of food for us. I only drink water with meals, so I just brought that with me. We shared meals, but would also buy a few extra things here and there. We did buy 2 extra refillable mugs so everyone had one.

A lot depends on if you have two rooms booked or actually have two separate reservations. The rules about dining plan and tickets refers to everyone on the reservation, not to the people in each room separately.

I asked a similar question on the dining board and was told that if you have two rooms they are two separate reservations and are simply linked together.

So I can have one reservation for multiple rooms?

If you add the QSDP to one room come back and let us know! I think that sharing CS meals is a smart plan... DH and I plan to both get the QSDP and then eat 4 meals a day, split between the two of us, instead of just having 2 big meals.

I can guarantee that CM's are not policing whose taking a bite of whose chicken nuggets! If you want to tow the line--stick the trays in front of those persons in the room with the DP.

It doesn't appear anyone so far in this thread is aware of the Dining Plan restriction that states that "dining entitlements cannot be shared with persons not participating in the Dining Plan".

Now, that may not be a direct quote, but it's pretty close. Entitlements = credits, and what it means specifically to the OP and others in this thread is, only the three Guests in the room with the Dining Plan are allowed to use credits to pay for their meals. The three Guests in the other room are required to pay by some other method - cash, credit, room charge, gift card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter