Hate Speech Infects DIS Podcast?

Just listened to the unedited version and all I can say is:

That's it? That's the big deal?

Ah well....I laughed. Keep up the good work Pete, Kevin, John, Bawb, Julie and Corey.

Denice T.
Olathe, KS

THUGS!!!!!::rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

I am starting a gang of Disney loving, Mickey screen saver having, mouse ear wearing, pin collecting, vacation planning, DIS podcast enjoying goup of Thugs. Anyone want to Join????

I'd join... But as soon as we'd stroll into DTD we'd be banned for life...

Pete, well said. We greatly appreciate you and the countless hours you spend producing and delivering the weekly podcast(s) -- an extraordinary effort! The DIS Unplugged podcast is unique in so many ways. It is truly “one stop” listening for some of the best Disney information, insights, tips, perspectives, and reviews on the net. You and the DIS team give us all of this with personality, character, charm, and wit -- that’s why we listen, that’s why we love it. Keep up the great work. For those who may be looking for a “plain vanilla” podcast … let us know if you find it and we’ll stay clear away!

To Pete and the entire DIS team … thank you for the podcast, the wdwinfo web site, the DIS boards, and your labor of love!

P.S. “Hate Speech”? Absolutely not! The OP needs some Disney magic … soon! That’s the only cure for “log in the eye” syndrome … if you know what I mean. ;)

I wouldn't normally respond to a thread like this because I can be a very opinionated person and could really go off...
However... Most of what I would have said was already said. SO...

I want to cast my support:

* I stand behind the Podcast team 100%. You guys are so funny and have such distinct personalities that really come through in your show. Anyone who has listened before would understand what happened here.

* I am very sorry Pete felt he had to edit the show, but I am glad I got it downloaded before he did.

* If Bawb wasn't (and isn't on a regular basis) offended by all the ribbing, then no one else out there should be offended by what was said. In fact, I am sometimes surprised at just how much Kevin can dish out to Bawb...especially without Julie there to defend! But since you spend Xmas together and seem to stay friends, I guess Bawb can take it!:duck:

* Keep it up! Be yourselves! We love you!:grouphug:

I am firm believer in the old adage that once you have to explain something , it stops being funny, but here goes anyway....

What you hear on our podcast is good natured and meant in jest. No podcasters are hurt in it's weekly production.

I am certain that Bob will back me up when I say that we are great friends.

Our families not only spend holidays together, we vacation together and we get together at least once a week for dinner or Disney magic. This is above and beyond the time we spend together recording our podcast.

I hope this explains things.

Kevin

Hi, I just wanted to post in support of the podcast and to say Please Please don't change anything... you guys provide the most entertaining and informative 2 hours of my week! Your friendships and personalities really stand out and that is what makes the podcast so great to listen to. :thumbsup2

Hi everyone:

First let me say that it was not our intention to upset or offend anyone. We were busting on Bob, and quoting a line from a "Will and Grace" episode. I apologize to anyone who was offended, as that was absolutely not our intent. As such, I've edited the comments out of the show.

However, I do need to say this to the original poster - I understand the sensitivity of certain issues, but to characterize what we said in the show as hate speech is patently ridiculous. Personally, I'm fed up with the ultra-sensitive 'PC' crowd who think the mere mention of certain words in any context other than groveling reverence is an affront to an entire group of people. I don't engage in hate speech and never have. If you're going to accuse someone of that, I suggest you learn the meaning of the phrase before you publicly accuse someone of it.

Pete

Hi
Just a small note .
1. well said Pete.

2. I have only been listening to the pod cast for a little while and my wife has decided that i am a bit mad as i sit smiling to myself when listening.:rotfl:

Oh well thats it from me.
Keep up with the good work guys only 2 more pod casts till i can see it all for myself:dance3:
Regards Gonzo

This is my first post on the podcast boards, and I wasn't going to post here, but I decided to show my support.

Every week I look forward to the podcast like many of us do. I always laugh and learn a few new things about WDW, DCL and DL.

This past Tuesday for me was a very stressful day, I wasn't sure how I would get through it. I listened to the podcast and laughed so hard it hurt. I decided to send Kevin an email to tell him what I thought about it and to thank him for making me laugh at a time that I didn't think I could. I told him that I wasn't even sure what was said, the giggling just got me through my day.

After reading this thread, I recalled why I was laughing so hard and it brought a smile to my face again, but bothered me that this offended a few. It bothered me because I questioned if the offended listeners really heard what was going on. I rarely watched Will & Grace, but they mentioned it was a line from Will & Grace. I understand how they rib Bawb (and know he likes it ;) ) and took it as such.

I understand Pete's decision to edit the podcast. While I would love to hear the unedited version again, he is thinking about the listeners that don't know the dynamics of the team and does not want to offend anyone.

I certainly hope that the next podcast is as funny as this one and many others have been. I still need my dose of laughter at least once a week.

Thank you to Pete, John, Kevin, Corey, Julie & Bob for all you do!!

I am firm believer in the old adage that once you have to explain something , it stops being funny, but here goes anyway....

What you hear on our podcast is good natured and meant in jest. No podcasters are hurt in it's weekly production.

I am certain that Bob will back me up when I say that we are great friends.

Our families not only spend holidays together, we vacation together and we get together at least once a week for dinner or Disney magic. This is above and beyond the time we spend together recording our podcast.

I hope this explains things.

Kevin

Kevin-
I don't think anyone that listens to the show on a regular basis thinks that you have anything but sincere friendship and love for Bawb and the rest of the podcast team. I live my life through humor as well, and ribbing on family and friends is a way of life. What's that saying about if you don't laugh you cry??? I'm just sorry this thread has gotten to this point. You guys have no obligation to explain anything to us about your friendships or why you do the podcasts the way you do. I'm pretty sure my iTunes isn't the only one with a "stop" button if people don't like what they're hearing.

Again, you guys are great, and if you didn't truly care about one another, the podcast would not be as wonderful as it is.

Now, on to next weeks train wreck...chooo chooo....;)

Keep up the good work pete and take no notice of ridiculus comments made
nothing you said was in any way directed at anyone other than having fun with bob please dont be bullied into changing your podcast to pander to people who have different ways of looking at things and seem to be looking for controversy.
Have a wonderful day and keep the "un-byast" podcast the way you want it.

mark stockman

Hi Folks, I thought it was time to jump in here and say a few things.

First off, the kidding that goes on during the podcast is always in fun. I love each and every member of the team and I know they also love me and my family. I consider each a member of my family. I truly treasure our friendships and hope everyone out there have friends as great as Pete, Kevin, John, Corey, Julie and Regina. Thinking about it, those that listen weekly also have a part of that friendship and understand what I am saying.

I also think of all those that come to the DIS as part of my family as well, and really appreciate your support as well. When I am in the parks or planning the information that I will be presenting, I really hope it will be helpful to make a memorable experience for your family.

I have to make a note about the last show from my point of view. It is what it was. No disrespect was meant to anyone. Many points of view have been written on this post. Each person had their own thoughts on what it was and thats ok also. We all have that right to our own feelings.

Folks it is now time to move on to the next show or thread. It would mean a great deal to me that this post be the last one on this thread. If you still feel a strong desire to say something send an e-mail to any Roundtable member at podcast@wdwinfo.com

That is all I have to say. I hope everyone has a great day.

Adding my support....glad I got the unedited version to listen to....I totally didn't take it as you were laughing at the ceremony or even at poor Bob, it was totally related to Will & Grace.

Please don't let this affect any future decision about editing, we love the silly stuff and I really hope you continue to leave it in.

You guys are the BEST!!!! Thanks for all the hard work on the podcast.

Kudos to the Roundtable for stating their exact intentions........I am so glad that I listened to the Original 7/10 podcast about 10 times before it got edited.........I had even joked with someone in my office who listens to the podcast as well and found the bit funny that if this was listened to by people who don't know the team they might get offended.........I guess I was right........still our society needs to lighten up a little and if you are going to listen and get offended make sure you hear everything that is said because Julie even mentioned....all you PC people remember when Bob says,...."Julie help me."......and Julie said......"its Will & Grace I can't do anything",,,,,,,right when she said that everything said should have been taken for what it was......i am sure everyone has seen something in a show and then something happens in their everyday life that reminds them about the show you start laughing for no reason.........I my self along with a friend of mine.....we have listened to the Jerky Boys tapes back in College 1996-2000.........all we have to do when we see each is hear one quote....like ..."THE BLUE ONE"......doesn't sound funny right but we have an association to it and for that reason we laugh and start quoting other bits ones that were funny.......my Wife and his Wife look at us like we belong in mental home.....but it was that same thing that took over the Podcast on 7/10....Glad they edited, probably should have been kept amongst themselves but I am so glad I got to Hear it.........Peace out everyone and Tune in next week as the Podcast will be recorded beachside at Costaguatemexirico with special guest Fidel Castro and his comments on why he sent F-15 Fighterjets to capture people who were wearing funny Mickey Hats.........until then ENJOY.:lmao: :rotfl2: :thumbsup2

Yes, it is from Will and Grace. Karen spoke the Costa-Guata-Mexi-Rico phrase...speaking to Rosario. It was a funny episode. I felt they were laughing about that episode and probably about the fact that Bob was clueless about it added to the laughter. We all love Bob :love: and I think the reason is because the roundtable group is always giving him a hard time. :goodvibes

BTW Bob, DS(11) loves your accent. He has a new phrase he's been saying lately....We're going to the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Potty :laughing:

To the podcast crew -
Don't feel sorry for anything you did. It was a great podcast and nothing you did was anything to be sorry for. Keep up the great work and I would love to hear more banter (on any topic) among all of you again.

I agree, we have become so PC it's insane. I am sorry, but you (and this goes to EVERYONE) will offend someone, somewhere at sometime in your life. And you will be offended by someone, somewhere, sometime as well. Deal with it, its life and we aren't perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter