Has this ever happened to you?!

My favorite line is I don't have to worry about "I'm hungry, I'm thirsty, I'm tired, I have to go to the bathroom". I've been going to Disney for almost 30 years. All the early visits were with children. My DH and I went in 2004 without children and had such a good time we joined DVC and go at least once a year - alone. The last trip we brought our grown, single children it was such a great bonding experience for the two of them. Disney is definitely for adults!

That's just rude! Neither my husband or I got to go to Disney when we were kids and we chose it as our Honeymoon Destination (which a lot of people did find weird, I am just remembering), but we had the MOST fun. I think he mostly wanted to go FOR ME but now he is like a KID when we go (with our kids)...but it was magical being there as newlyweds and on our last trip we went with another family and each set of parents traded off for a date night and being alone with your spouse (or any other adult) is so much fun in Disney! Some people just don't know what they're missing!

Oh, for Pete's sake! We've going on our 51st trip, have rented kids a couple of times, but love going as adults only. Some people are just so narrow minded!
It's the only place on earth WE get to relax. Love kids, just don't have any and we're DVC'ers, AP'ers and see nothing unusual in that at all.
It's our right to spend our disposable income as we wish (although Bob Iger is getting veeery greedy lately).

As Mom used to say..don't pay them no never mind.:rotfl2:

I noticed your ticker....we arrive the same day! Where are you staying?

Woohoo, how exciting :goodvibes. We are staying at SSR (our home resort).

I was just thinking OP....the lady that you had that lovely conversation with would of loved DH and I. Our goal in life is to have enough DVC points in our account so that we could stay in a DVC resort (or 2, or 3) during the winter months when we retire. She would of really loved to hear that one :rotfl:.

In April DH, who turned 69 while we were there, & I, 59, went to AKLV CL for 3 nights, a 3 night DCL cruise & 2 more nights at BLT. In less than 2 weeks we are headed down to WDW for 6 nights at AKL Kidani and in November we are headed down for the Thanksgiving cruise (My 60th Birthday is on Thanksgiving this year) on the Fantasy with 2 nights at AKL Kidani. We have PAPs and will try to fit another trip in before they expire on April 15, 2014.

In reality we are just little kids in big bodies. When we are in WDW, on the DCL Cruises or riding our motorcycles, we don't feel our chronological ages. My motorcycle helmet is decorated with Tinkerbell, flowers, butterflies and the words "I'll Never Grow Up".

In reality we are just little kids in big bodies. When we are in WDW, on the DCL Cruises or riding our motorcycles, we don't feel our chronological ages. My motorcycle helmet is decorated with Tinkerbell, flowers, butterflies and the words "I'll Never Grow Up".

That is awesome, I love it :goodvibes

I completely understand. DH and I don't have any kids and we have been to the parks on both coasts together numerous times. I have definitely gotten the "You're going AGAIN?!??" response....and the "Adults who go to Disney without kids are strange" comment. Whatever. We are spending our time and money in a way that makes us happy and that is all that should matter! And if we never have kids, that is okay - because I know we can be young at heart together in the most magical place on Earth :)

I get that kind of reaction too. My first trip was for our 1 year wedding anniversary....DH went growing up but I never did. Here we are about to go on our 4th trip together and still no kids in tow. A lot of people just don't get the "Disney magic" and how WDW is for people of all ages to enjoy. I get "Disney for an anniversary trip....that's different" ...."Don't you want to wait until you have kids?"......"Disney again....don't you want to go somewhere else?"....Oh well, those people don't know what they are missing ;)

Those naysayers are the ones that have lost touch with their inner child. I'm in my 30s and one of my best times was 3 years ago, my dad and I tripping out that the cabins have bunk beds. Turns out we both never slept in one and always wanted to. My step mom was on the regular bed, dad slept on bottom bunk and me on top. He's a serious guy and Dis brings out this childlike thing in him that just amuses me.

Leaving in 38 days for our first adults-only trip!! We're going to celebrate our 15 year wedding anniversary and have told the kids that Disney doesn't allow kids to come on anniversary trips. :rolleyes1 DS6 fell for it. DD12...not so much.

Can't tell you how many people give me weird looks when I say that's where we're going to celebrate our anniversary, but I don't care! We already have a list of rides we REFUSE to ride (Aladdin, Pooh, etc) and have ADR's at all the restaurants our kids would hate. It's going to be awesome!! :cool1:

We've only done an adult-only trip around 20 times. Considering my wife and I don't have kids, it's pretty much not an option. :thumbsup2 We've done several trips with our nieces and nephew and our best friend's 3 kids, but it's always nice to be able to say "see you all in the morning...and no, you are not tall enough to ride La Cava del Tequila....and your parents will explain when you leave with them". pirate:

But since we have a different situation than most visitors to WDW due to the lack of kids, we did find it to be interesting when we WERE with kids. Most of the times we wished their legs were longer but when we actually slowed down to do "kid" things, we found ourselves pleasantly surprised. But then we got over that and got our payback in World Showcase. :wizard:

"Oh, it's just you and your husband....I think adults going alone to Disney is weird".

I absolutely cannot wait to go kid free. In fact the first time we went in 2011 DH whispered in a line how much fun will it be to come without the boys? Heck yeah!!

Forget her, she is jealous she can't drink around the world :D

Headed down to Disney in just a few weeks for our 3rd adult only trip since 2009. We went 2 times for Marathon weekend and this time for our 20th wedding anniversary. :cheer2: Our kids are old enough that they understand why they aren't going and aren't upset about it. Plus all of the times we went alone we also went with the kids the same year.

Next summer, however, we will be going with a total of 8 kids so I think that makes up for the adult only trips!:rotfl2:

I don't have kids and tell everyone I am going to Disneyworld with three other adults, and we dine at character restaurants and take pictures with characters and proudly post them on facebook lol. I absolutely love Disney and if people think I'm weird I will get over it when I am on Splash Mountain :)

100 times agree!!!!!!!

Non disney lovers just don't get it!!! They are the weird ones lol

We have travelled 15 hours via plane from New Zealand to disneyland 3 times in the last 6 years and people say " why don't you go somewhere different?"
We say nope we love it!... I don't really expect them to understand, they are the ones missing out lol

Just say, "no it's cool, we find kids to take with us once we are in Orlando."

Then just leave it at that.

Yep.. I get how you feel...

I see you don't have kids listed in your signature, so at least be grateful you don't get "the look" when you tell people you are leaving the kids behind this trip..... you know the one that you'd probably get if you told someone you were making your kids sleep outside. in a box. in winter. for a week. yeah... THAT LOOK. :)

He's just telling them we're going to Florida.

!

(and the kids will go with us next April!)

We are totally going next year without the kids!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter