Has anyone had a ambulatory EEG?

Disneylover79

<font color=darkorchid>I'm a cheap date!<br><font
I have to have one done tomorrow I have to wear it for 3 days.... I had a spell back in February where I blacked out and my DH had to carry me to bed after finding me on the kitchen floor. I had an EEG done after talking to my neurologist and he said it looked abnormal (not actually seizures,but not normal). SO he wants me to have this done.....I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with it?

My son has had a few 72 hour EEG test in the past and we will have one done this summer as well. For him we have to stay at the hospital and they "glue" the wires to his head and then wrap his head in gauze to help them stay in place. When he wants to leave the room they hook him to a battery pack that the wears like a purse and he can go all over the hospital and they can still record the activity. I am not sure if this is how they will do yours or not, but I thought I'd share. The only part that he hates is that some spots on his head get itchy.

My daughter has had a few 72 hr EEG's. Make sure you wear a button down shirt to the appt. Ball caps will be your friend.Try to do your normal activities.Like the above poster,my dd's head was itchy. Hope all goes well.

Paula

my 2 year old had one done recently. It was actually very helpful in helping to diagnose her seizure disorder. She tolerated it very well. The neurologist said one of the advantages was that they were able to monitor her in her usual environment. :goodvibesgood luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter