Has anyone ever escalated a Paypal dispute?

belle&beast

DIS Veteran
I asked a question over the weekend about Paypal disputes and got some good information, so I thought maybe someone would be able to help again.

I am the seller. The buyer purchased 2 trasmitters from me and said 1 is not working. I have offered twice to refund his money for the one that is not working and he has not responded to those offers. (He has responded to me, but ignored my offers.) I called Paypal today and they said I could escalate the dispute to get it moving. If he wins the dispute, he will still have to send the transmitter to me before he gets a refund, so it seems like he would want to finish this.

Has anyone ever escalated a dispute to get it going faster? I guess I am worried about negative feedback even though I am going above and beyond to make him happy. BTW the full amount of the purchase is being held because it was one transaction, which is over $200.

Yes, we have as the buyer. It took several months before it was completely done, but in the end we won and were awarded their max amount.

fgms said:
Yes, we have as the buyer. It took several months before it was completely done, but in the end we won and were awarded their max amount.
Why did it take several months? The Paypal rep made it sound like it would be handled in 30 days from the time it is escalated.

I have never esculated a dispute as a seller, but I have as a buyer. It did take about a month to resolve because the seller was being difficult. I think that if the seller doesn't respond within a given timeframe, then it automatically sides with the filer. However, if the person does respond and provides proof it can take longer than 30 days to research. Did that make any sense?

DisneyGirl4188 said:
I have never esculated a dispute as a seller, but I have as a buyer. It did take about a month to resolve because the seller was being difficult. I think that if the seller doesn't respond within a given timeframe, then it automatically sides with the filer. However, if the person does respond and provides proof it can take longer than 30 days to research. Did that make any sense?
Yes it does, thanks. The Paypal rep told me that he would have a hard time winning because I have been trying to make it right and he is not responding. I just left a post that I would like to resolve the issue and asked if he would send the transmitter back so his $ can be refunded. Because he is not responding and doesn't seem open to returning the item, it makes me feel like he is trying to keep it and nothing is wrong with it. DH had to use it to clear his voice message before listing and it was fine. Sorry if I'm reambling- I'm really frustrated! :furious: I am an honest seller with 100% positive feedback and I don't want this to affect my rating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter