• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

First off I want to say just how incredibly impressed I am with everyone's talent on this. I ran across this almost by accident and will definitely be decorating our magic bands now! I do have maybe a silly question. I'm not sure if our little girl (she's just over a year old) will be wearing hers or not, but if so, has anyone decorated a band for a child this young? I'd like to, because it would just be fun, but I'm worried she may end up chewing on it (she's working on several teeth right now...). Thanks!

I haven't gone with a baby since years before Magic Bands, so I'm not sure. Would she even get one, since you don't need to pay admission for her? If she does, maybe she could wear it on her ankle instead of her wrist, so it's a lot harder to chew on?

I haven't gone with a baby since years before Magic Bands, so I'm not sure. Would she even get one, since you don't need to pay admission for her? If she does, maybe she could wear it on her ankle instead of her wrist, so it's a lot harder to chew on?
If she's young enough to not need a ticket then she doesn't need a magic band

If she's young enough to not need a ticket then she doesn't need a magic band

My family went with one of their magic your way packages, so every member of the party receives one because they're attached to the room. That's a good point though, she wouldn't be using it for anything anyway...:)

Has anyone used stickers from like joAnns or Michaels? And if so does it work? I thought about doing it and then putting a top coat of nail polish on top

These are my latest bands. Special to the Dis! The design is from the t-shirts that @HopperFan and her DS designed for the "Rumors of Light" Thread.

ry%3D400
ry%3D400

Has anyone used stickers from like joAnns or Michaels? And if so does it work? I thought about doing it and then putting a top coat of nail polish on top

I have tried some stickers. My suggestions are to make certain you have the band in the shape that you will wear it when you apply the stickers and then make certain they are very well sealed to the band. My first one with a Food and wine theme I lost a wine glass because I had not done a good enough job of getting all edges well adhered to the band. I do tend to like tattoos better and my new one was using slide decals which I also prefer but the stickers are nice because they are solid vs the translucence of tattos etc. unless you go thru the polish and bag method which I don't have the patience for.

My brother wanted a nautilus themed band, so we started with the glow in the dark band from Magicyourband and added tattoos that we printed. We sealed it with clear nail polish base coat. It turned out great! The tattoos were easy to apply and its holding up well so far and glowing on all of the dark rides:)View attachment 156174View attachment 156175

The plain glow in the dark is good for applying your own additional decorations. Sharpie's and Nail Polish will work, as will tattoos. :) Incidentally, we've recently added new Glow in the Dark designs to the site (there's a dedicated section and even a DIS exclusive) and we're adding more all the time. Keep your eyes open for something particularly special coming up in the next week...

HELP! I was just listening to Lou Mongelli's podcast (WDW Radio) and they were answering a listener question about decorating magic bands. They recommended being careful about covering the Mickey because the touch point might not work. I've decorated ours with metallic glitter. Has anyone had any problems with this?

I think this was the show where he mentioned us? There's no issue with covering the Mickey, is doesn't have to be visible to work. We have designs that completely cover the band and they still work perfectly well. The ONLY thing you may have to be careful with is using metal parts to decorate the Magic Band, large metal bits can block the RFID signals.

I did our bands. Mine is the purple and I went with a flower and garden them. Then there is a sparkling Minnie. The blue is with the Mickey bar and T for our Texas Ranger fan. Last is our Eeyore lover and glittered up. All glow in the dark.
12990960_10208057294783473_3760723377803306431_n.jpg
13043580_10208057294983478_8944998211677305619_n.jpg
13015323_10208057295103481_5994198217465992011_n.jpg
Those are awesome!
Questions: What did you use for the glow in the dark painting?
Is that a sticker or tattoo or painting for Eeyore & Tigger? And were they topped off with a nail polish?

Those are awesome!
Questions: What did you use for the glow in the dark painting?
Is that a sticker or tattoo or painting for Eeyore & Tigger? And were they topped off with a nail polish?

I found the glow in the dark paint at Michael's along with the clear background stickers of Eeyore. All colors were just nail polish. I used clear base coat first then painted them. I then applied 2 coats of base coat. I am going to redo my glow edges on the purple and blue bands because I think painting the area white then the glow is a much nicer look, like the other two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter