• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

OK warning for all! Don't coat ur painted or covered bands in clear polish then spray with acrylic clear sealer. I just did this thinking it would keep them more waterproof and it completely messed up the painting. It looks cracked and dull :( I should have tried one first but didn't. Only way I tried to fix is repainted a clear polish coat on top and it brightened it back up but you can still see the cracked parts under it. So sad!!!

We are heading to Disney World in a week and a half, and I am so excited about how our bands are turning out! I used permanent adhesive vinyl and cut it on my silhouette cameo. This is mine and my 2 1/2 year old's (she is a Rapunzel nut). My husband is boring and didn't want his decorated. I still want to add some small flowers on Rapunzel's braid, but I love them so far! It is my first time attaching photos, I hope I did it right!
IMG_4759_zpscllqkzhd.jpg

IMG_4760_zpsbejnqrgg.jpg

IMG_4758_zpstlkpkydi.jpg

Do have have and would to mind sharing the cameo file for the swirly design. I have a green band and would love to do that design in black. Thanks!

I just decorated my magic for my 25th wedding anniversary. I am not an artist to say the least, but i am happy with it. The mickey stone is placed on the mickey is ok right? that won't interfere with the chip, right??

magic bands 2.jpg

I just decorated my magic for my 25th wedding anniversary. I am not an artist to say the least, but i am happy with it. The mickey stone is placed on the mickey is ok right? that won't interfere with the chip, right??

Happy anniversary! We have an Oct anniversary too.

If your stones are metal backed they might interfere with the chip, but honestly, I can only think of one person who has posted about having problems with the stones on the mickey head. There have been many others who used the jewels and haven't had issue.

If I was worried about it, I would buy another band as backup and link it to the account so that if there was an issue there would be no delays. Of course, I have three magic bands (plus one that hasn't been decorated yet) and often wear more than one at a time, so I may not be the best person to take advice from. lol

Happy anniversary! We have an Oct anniversary too.

If your stones are metal backed they might interfere with the chip, but honestly, I can only think of one person who has posted about having problems with the stones on the mickey head. There have been many others who used the jewels and haven't had issue.

If I was worried about it, I would buy another band as backup and link it to the account so that if there was an issue there would be no delays. Of course, I have three magic bands (plus one that hasn't been decorated yet) and often wear more than one at a time, so I may not be the best person to take advice from. lol

i don't think it has a metal back...but i have another reservation linked and will be getting another band shipped..so i will have keep it plain and use for parks and just use the decor for dinners instead. :) Happy Anniversary to you in Oct as well!! :)

i don't think it has a metal back...but i have another reservation linked and will be getting another band shipped..so i will have keep it plain and use for parks and just use the decor for dinners instead. :) Happy Anniversary to you in Oct as well!! :)

I don't advocate keeping a band plain, (boring!), or not wearing your decorated band at the parks. It's too special, and you should wear it proudly! Also, I am curious to find out if it works.

Seriously though, I have been known to wear all of mine at once, just because they make me happy. And thanks for the good wishes. It will be our 38th anniversary, which makes us sound old. We were kind of young when we got married, so we aren't really that old. lol

View attachment 117805

Oh my gosh, October 14th will be our 25th wedding anniversary too, how cool! We are celebrating at Disney the end of September/first of October to include mine and my daughter's birthdays. Enjoy your trip and Happy Anniversary :)

Started painting our old bands last night. I was going for a cotton candy type sky effect for a background. I think it turned out pretty good and wasn't that hard. Hubby decided on a Star Wars Sith Lord logo so we painted his red. Need to look for some of that glow in the dark paint, once we get the logo painted on I told him it would be cool to paint over it with the glow paint so only the logo glows under black light or on dark rides.

Here's mine so far

image.jpg4_zpsw2jv4yhm.jpg

image.jpg2_zpst90zrams.jpg

Here is the template I painted on to see if the design I picked would work. I probably will change the colors of the dress around a bit and fade the bottom of the dress into the bottom of the band. It's a work in progress! Going to get some carbon paper so I can trace the design onto the band.

image.jpg3_zpsi31d701n.jpg

where did you get the template you used? and how did you get it to print the right size?

Oh my gosh, October 14th will be our 25th wedding anniversary too, how cool! We are celebrating at Disney the end of September/first of October to include mine and my daughter's birthdays. Enjoy your trip and Happy Anniversary :)

Thank you and the same for you too!! COOL!! I actually got married on my mom's birthday too!! :)

I was not having much success in painting our bands. Inspired by others creativity, I did my happy girl dance when our bands arrived. I had a design in mind and a plan for artistic awesomeness. Unfortunately, the best laid plans of mice and men...Thankfully, I was able to create exactly what I wanted with MagicYourBand. I painted the Hubster's gray band black before I put the skin on it because I did not like the gray showing through. I am so pleased with how they turned out - yay!Magic Bands.JPG

Anyone know how to use a circuit machine for the vinyl cutouts? I have no idea how to even begin!

Do have have and would to mind sharing the cameo file for the swirly design. I have a green band and would love to do that design in black. Thanks!

It is not my file and I don't have permission to share, but I downloaded it from a fb group of silhouette users. You can request to join the group and get it that way. Just search for "Silhouette SD and Cameo Users" and request to join. It is in the files section :)

Hi. I've looked thru the whole thread this week trying to get ideas to decorate my mb for my upcoming trip in April. I'm trying to decide so I know what color band to get. Some things I couldn't find or I've missed is
1. the vinyl decals you can get from etsy, do they stay on well?
2. If I put nail polish on my band first will they stick?
3. And if I can put them on top of the nail polish do I need to put the top coat over the decal too?
4. Or do I put the top coat over the nail polished covered band and then add the decals

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter