Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

I think it's odd that I see all these people on line like here in this group, Pntrest, and Facebook, who decorate their MB but I've only seen one decorated while at the parks. All the ones I look at/see are either just plain or have the bandits on them. Where are you decorators at?! LOL

I have seen a few decorated bands, but not many. I do try to keep my eye out for decorated bands, but usually forget to look for them after the first hour or so. Oops. We seem to spend more time at Epcot than the other parks, so I just figured most of the decorated bands were at the other parks. lol

I had a couple of cast members go nuts over my TNBC band when we were renewing our APs a couple of weeks ago. They told me that they have seen a lot of decorated bands, but would love to see more. One of them was trying to remember all of the different materials that guests have used to decorate them. Another CM was trying to tell me about how she had decorated multiple bands of hers, but she had to actually help a guest so we never finished the conversation.

I had a couple of cast members go nuts over my TNBC band when we were renewing our APs a couple of weeks ago. They told me that they have seen a lot of decorated bands, but would love to see more. One of them was trying to remember all of the different materials that guests have used to decorate them. Another CM was trying to tell me about how she had decorated multiple bands of hers, but she had to actually help a guest so we never finished the conversation.

That's exactly our experience too. CM's always take notice, particularly when you're coming through the turnstiles or using your MagicBand to pay. Having a decorated band is a real icebreaker with both CM's and other guests. Reminds me of how things were when pin trading was at its peak.

This is my latest band...my "croc embossed" done two ways. Or three ways if you count the color changing aspect....it is painted with the uv nail polish so it looks black indoors and outdoors...well, you can see here that it is blue in the sunlight.

x5ctcg.jpg
mmfzvb.jpg
259hfvc.jpg

The Mickey head is actually quite stealth in person. It has a much more classic look than what I normally wear, so I made a chain cover for it that just slips onto the band. I like that I can change it to fit my mood.

2u6z9mu.jpg
nvqxs3.jpg

The stretchy tan fabric that the chain is sewn to doesn't show at all when it is on, since it goes under the band, but even if it did it would not really be noticeable, since it is sort of skin toned and is under the chain. The fabric is only under the parts that need to be held taught....the rest hangs loose like a regular chain bracelet and hooks with a normal jewelry clasp, although I may switch it to a magnetic clasp to make it a little easier to put on and take off.

I love these. I am super NOT crafty. What are my best options to throw some money somewhere and make our bands awesome?

This is my latest band...my "croc embossed" done two ways. Or three ways if you count the color changing aspect....it is painted with the uv nail polish so it looks black indoors and outdoors...well, you can see here that it is blue in the sunlight.

x5ctcg.jpg
mmfzvb.jpg
259hfvc.jpg

The Mickey head is actually quite stealth in person. It has a much more classic look than what I normally wear, so I made a chain cover for it that just slips onto the band. I like that I can change it to fit my mood.

2u6z9mu.jpg
nvqxs3.jpg

The stretchy tan fabric that the chain is sewn to doesn't show at all when it is on, since it goes under the band, but even if it did it would not really be noticeable, since it is sort of skin toned and is under the chain. The fabric is only under the parts that need to be held taught....the rest hangs loose like a regular chain bracelet and hooks with a normal jewelry clasp, although I may switch it to a magnetic clasp to make it a little easier to put on and take off.

Love that I am not the only one doing the color changing bands on here anymore.

So how did you create your croc embossed look? Love it! :goodvibes

So how did you create your croc embossed look? Love it! :goodvibes

Thanks!

I feel like I need to buy another band to decorate to redeem myself, because it was embarrassingly easy and required no talent. I painted the band with the color changing polish, then added the croc detail using a glittery "black diamond" nail art striper. I guess it is sort of a reverse croc, but it really fools the eye.

Hi @Lisaloo

Have you checked out our site? You can create your own MB skin or we have a whole range of designs you can choose from :goodvibes

Let us know if you need any help!

Last edited:
@emilymad I found them on Etsy! Just search Disney Magic Band and there's a whole bunch of different ones that pop up :) There's several different stores that have them and they are all different, so you can pick and choose what you like!

@emilymad I found them on Etsy! Just search Disney Magic Band and there's a whole bunch of different ones that pop up :) There's several different stores that have them and they are all different, so you can pick and choose what you like!

Thanks! I will take a look. Yours came out so cute. I wonder if they would stick on top of nail polish.

I have read/skimmed through all 180 pages, and I see where a few have used the spray. Looking through, I only see where a few have shown if the spray worked or not...or posted pics and they are no longer available. Could those of you that used the spray say whether or not it worked? Did it peel? Did you put polish under? Did you use base coat or top? Did it hold up when wet? And the most important, if it worked, what brand did you use? Thank you so much for your replies.

I have read/skimmed through all 180 pages, and I see where a few have used the spray. Looking through, I only see where a few have shown if the spray worked or not...or posted pics and they are no longer available. Could those of you that used the spray say whether or not it worked? Did it peel? Did you put polish under? Did you use base coat or top? Did it hold up when wet? And the most important, if it worked, what brand did you use? Thank you so much for your replies.

Look on page 154. HockeyMomNH covers pretty much all of your questions there.

:-) This thread is getting a bit big. It would be nice if we had a spot for just photos and tips. It is hard to find that info when you are skimming through.

I was thinking the same thing the other day, mainly because I needed some inspiration and I wanted to see all of your work at once. :) It would be nice just to have a gallery of photos, maybe with a caption telling what materials were used, since that is what people ask.

I can't figure out what would be the best format for FAQs though. It would almost have to be attached to this one...a closed sticky post at the beginning, but as people learn more about decorating their bands (or come up with more questions) it may need to be amended from time to time.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing the other day, mainly because I needed some inspiration and I wanted to see all of your work at once. :) It would be nice just to have a gallery of photos, maybe with a caption telling what materials were used, since that is what people ask.

I can't figure out what would be the best format for FAQs though. It would almost have to be attached to this one...a closed sticky post at the beginning, but as people learn more about decorating their bands (or come up with more questions) it may need to be amended from time to time.

I was thinking that a new thread with info and photos only would be nice. I'm not sure if there is a way to quote replies from here to a new thread so that we could lift the photos out?

I just finished the first band for our next trip. This one is for my DH, the Beast.

Here is my new Belle. This one is a bit of an experiment. I did a faux leather painting for the band. I wanted to do a frame around Belle's portrait but I ended up with this. A couple of old earrings and some beads that I hot glued. I love that it has a steampunky feel to it. I'm not sure how well it will hold up for park touring though.

Here is my new Belle. This one is a bit of an experiment. I did a faux leather painting for the band. I wanted to do a frame around Belle's portrait but I ended up with this. A couple of old earrings and some beads that I hot glued. I love that it has a steampunky feel to it. I'm not sure how well it will hold up for park touring though.

Great job on the faux leather...it is gorgeous!

I have found hot glue to be pretty hit and miss (mostly miss...they pop off) on beads, so I usually resort to some sort of nasty smelling glue for something like that.

Btw, regarding a post with tips and photos, if you quote replies from here you can drop them into another post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter