• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

We are heading to Disney World in a week and a half, and I am so excited about how our bands are turning out! I used permanent adhesive vinyl and cut it on my silhouette cameo. This is mine and my 2 1/2 year old's (she is a Rapunzel nut). My husband is boring and didn't want his decorated. I still want to add some small flowers on Rapunzel's braid, but I love them so far! It is my first time attaching photos, I hope I did it right!
IMG_4759_zpscllqkzhd.jpg

IMG_4760_zpsbejnqrgg.jpg

IMG_4758_zpstlkpkydi.jpg
We are heading to Disney World in a week and a half, and I am so excited about how our bands are turning out! I used permanent adhesive vinyl and cut it on my silhouette cameo. This is mine and my 2 1/2 year old's (she is a Rapunzel nut). My husband is boring and didn't want his decorated. I still want to add some small flowers on Rapunzel's braid, but I love them so far! It is my first time attaching photos, I hope I did it right!
IMG_4759_zpscllqkzhd.jpg

IMG_4760_zpsbejnqrgg.jpg

IMG_4758_zpstlkpkydi.jpg

Just wondering if anyone has given their MBs a personal touch. I read where someone said they covered theirs in sworski crystals, another said they were going to use a sharpie to decorate it, but haven't seen any pictures yet. I would like to do something to mine, but I am a little nervous about it.
Just wondering if anyone has given their MBs a personal touch. I read where someone said they covered theirs in sworski crystals, another said they were going to use a sharpie to decorate it, but haven't seen any pictures yet. I would like to do something to mine, but I am a little nervous about it.

I'm so sorry to be a pest, but she got approved for the group and can't find the file. She said there is no file by that name. Is it the Silhouette SD and Cameo Users group, or is it the Advanced Silhouette and Cameo Users group? I'm sorry! Please feel free to e-mail me at stephaniegisseman @ gmail . com -- it appears that we can't send private messages through the boards anymore and I hate to clog up this thread. Thank you!

It is there. its silhouette sd and cameo users. Look under files and scroll down to sept 14 i believe. they are in date order. I had a hard time finding it also. Good luck

Did they stay on well?
Sorry, just saw your question - yes, they still look like new, no issues with them coming off. I found the best way to apply them is to try the band on for the right fit and when you're applying the decals make sure the band is adjusted to the size you need. This avoids any "wrinkles" that could happen if you wear it a different size than when you applied it. I hope that makes sense! ;)

Getting our magic bands in the mail today. I have read/skimmed/looked at the pictures through this entire thread. I can't seem to figure out the best way to go about decorating ours though. For anyone that has used nail polish - Did you do a clear base coat? Did you do a clear top coat of nail polish? And did it chip, crack or come off at all?

Getting our magic bands in the mail today. I have read/skimmed/looked at the pictures through this entire thread. I can't seem to figure out the best way to go about decorating ours though. For anyone that has used nail polish - Did you do a clear base coat? Did you do a clear top coat of nail polish? And did it chip, crack or come off at all?

So exciting. We did all of our magic bands with nail polish. The ones we did almost two years ago - just started to crack. We did new ones for our past February trip and they lasted great. We did use a clear base coat first and then did many clear coats at the end. If you use a nail polish pen - it takes a while to dry so before putting a clear coat on top I sprayed it with an aerosol quick dry - it worked beautiful. Here are some pictures of the ones we did 2 years ago - all polish.
Dumbo-Final_zpsffa9be75.jpg

ItsASmallWorld-Final_zps6dd13bd2.jpg

Never would have thought of decorating ours. Would make a good spot to write phone numbers for lost kids. Could my 4 yr old wear hers on her ankle?

The Magic Band is used to enter the park and to enter attractions where you've booked FP. There's no way she could tap it to the Mickey readers if it was on her ankle.

I'm so sorry to be a pest, but she got approved for the group and can't find the file. She said there is no file by that name. Is it the Silhouette SD and Cameo Users group, or is it the Advanced Silhouette and Cameo Users group? I'm sorry! Please feel free to e-mail me at stephaniegisseman @ gmail . com -- it appears that we can't send private messages through the boards anymore and I hate to clog up this thread. Thank you!
I'm not trying to butt in, but the file is called magic band templates. When you open it you will have to move all the way to the left, it is off the screen. I downloaded the .studio3 version and it worked perfectly.

Ok so if this has been asked before i appologize. Which is better when doing nailpolish? base coat, 3 layers and then top coat or modge podge. I have one coming to try and practice on but if it works I'll just have two to change out

You guys inspire me, I've been stalking this page since Jan(didn't know about it before my families' Dec trip) These are last Decembers bands and I'm using these for practice until our next trip in November. I thought I would do puzzle pieces in support of our youngest son who has autism (they glow in the dark), silver for myself w/gems, Phineas & Ferb duct tape for other son and husband just wants black(note pictured.) Just have the first coat so far and will go back to smooth a lot out.

Last edited:
You guys inspire me, I've been stalking this page since Jan(didn't know about it before my families' Dec trip) These are last Decembers bands and I'm using these for practice until our next trip in November. I thought I would do puzzle pieces in support of our youngest son who has autism (they glow in the dark), silver for myself w/gems, Phineas & Ferb duct tape for other son and husband just wants black(note pictured.) Just have the first coat so far and will go back to smooth a lot out.
2015-03-07_17.12.411.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
We cant see anything

Ours are done! I wanted to keep it really simple for our first set to see how they held up in the parks for us. Our Halloween ones will probably be crazier.

IMG_3504_zpsikhkdypt.jpg

Ok so if this has been asked before i appologize. Which is better when doing nailpolish? base coat, 3 layers and then top coat or modge podge. I have one coming to try and practice on but if it works I'll just have two to change out

I don't know if any individual has done a comparison of the two but there hasn't been much use of modge podge that I recall. Eitherway - the nail polish has always worked just fine for us.

Last edited:
image.jpg Here are our MB's from our October 2014 trip. Mine and my DD's also glowed in the dark. My DH didn't wAnt anything on his, but I just had to do something! So we did the HM busts. The only thing I didn't do was get a pic of our bands together at a Park. I wanted to and just plum forgot! Seeing the picture above of the Christmas bands with Cindy's castle in the background is EXACTLY what I wanted to do! Guess we'll just gave to go back!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter