• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

Here we just cut out our mascot from a face tattoo and applied it. It sticks REALLY well. Then the team colors with a little glitter.

IMG_0363.jpg

It would work for any team, just buy the face tattoos for games.

I posted it in my pre trip report but I figured that I would show you guys.

I showed you guys my AP Magic band, the blue one, but I got Magic Bands sent to me for this trip!

Since it is a holiday trip and we are going to MVMCP I got my band red and my mom green. Since I have no artistic talent, lol, I went for a nice fun snowflake theme!

I got a silver pain pen with a fine tip, retrospectivly I wish I got the ultra fine because I wasn't able to do the little details of the v's on the lines. I looked up how to draw them.

I also added more rhinestones than planned because SPARKLE.

I then last minute decided to bling out Mickey hehe.

10487169_890192700999151_7063415560949741795_n.jpg

20699_890192744332480_1593735874849576443_n.jpg

This is really cute! Reminds me of retro Christmas decorations!
:)

I don't know what happened to my post - it seemed to delete all of the content when I tried to fix my image link. Here are our two magic bands I decorated for our trip next week.
image_zpsaf95c0af.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

What's the easiest way to paint the mickey head and outline it neatly? I tried to read through all of the pages, bjt wound just scrolling through being amazed at all of the creativity!! Thanks!

What's the easiest way to paint the mickey head and outline it neatly? I tried to read through all of the pages, bjt wound just scrolling through being amazed at all of the creativity!! Thanks!
I used a nail polish pen to do the outline and then found using nail polish remover after (just wiping over the top) kept the polish in the outline but made it much neater.

You should totally open a store on Etsy and sell those covers :idea:, they are tooooo cute! I'd def be interested in a purchase ::yes::::yes::::yes::

I know that I would be interested in a large amount of these covers. So many characters,events and holidays. I think they would sell like crazy. I go on two week long vacations to WDW yearly and I would like a different one for every day. Ones for birthdays,anniversaries,special visits,cheerleading ones for my teams.you are sitting on a gold mine. Good Luck. Send me a message if you decide to sell.:cheer2:

These are my 5th set of MB I have decorated by using temp tattoos. I find this method easiest for me since I'm not able to free hand.

My DH's MB is Spider-Man
BA2905D3-E023-4A62-A740-0EA538EAC212.jpg

My DD's MB is Minnie Mouse and Daisy with dots
D064153A-CA40-45B2-BA2E-18EAA21BE469.jpg

Mine is of course Tinkerbell. Which all the did was painted it lilac n traced the middle tinkerbell with acrylic paint.
0D3C3A35-7E34-4F96-8389-A988F85DBCC8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

These are so cute and since I can't draw a stick figure to save my life, these are something I might be able to actually do, lol.

Where do you buy the temporary tattoos? Also, do they last or do they wear off if you get them wet?
Thanks

We also found that if you're using an acrylic paint, you can take a small razor blade, turn it on its side and "scrape/cut" off the portion of paint you don't want. I also found that a toothpick was perhaps my best tool working with the acrylic paints.

So, we bought some stick-on gems from the craft store. Are they not going to stay on with theor own adhesive?

We're not planning to swim in them or anything, and I am really trying to "keep it simple".

Thanks!

Just finished my final band for my Christmas trip

I just returned from Disney and this band did not hold up as well as my others. After 2 days the acrylic paint cracked and peeled around the holes where the band connects.

I used a nail polish pen to do the outline and then found using nail polish remover after (just wiping over the top) kept the polish in the outline but made it much neater.

We also found that if you're using an acrylic paint, you can take a small razor blade, turn it on its side and "scrape/cut" off the portion of paint you don't want. I also found that a toothpick was perhaps my best tool working with the acrylic paints.

Thanks! I think I'm going to start practicing on my one from this summer this week, and by the time our others get here I'll have it perfected!!

That's what I did. I waited until the band was dry before using polish remover (with a q-tip), otherwise it smeared.

So, we bought some stick-on gems from the craft store. Are they not going to stay on with theor own adhesive?

Thanks!
I applied E6000 under some nail appliques. Then I did 2 coats of base coat over it. One came off this morning but the rest held up. Pictures coming soon.

So I finished the Magic Bands that we got before arriving, and here's the picture.

I also did the ones waiting at the hotel, but I don't like them as much. I might eventually post a picture.

These are so cute and since I can't draw a stick figure to save my life, these are something I might be able to actually do, lol. Where do you buy the temporary tattoos? Also, do they last or do they wear off if you get them wet? Thanks

yes they do last. I have used these same bands several times n the other ones I have made. Found my temp tattoos at party city. Best of luck. ☺️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter