• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

The countdown is on for our WDW December Adventure. Finished my Magic Band based on all of my favorite treats. It has been so inspiring to see what everyone has created in this thread! The whole band-- http://s55.photobucket.com/user/wes...53031691-fb8a-4321-8de3-efb692193472.jpg.html I used the Mickey as the cherry on the cupcake-- http://s55.photobucket.com/user/westmel/media/MagicBands/cupcakeband2.jpg.html The top is a coffee (which I depend on for being up at rope drop) and a rice treat, which is my favorite Main Street snack-- http://s55.photobucket.com/user/wes...c3efec0c-9ede-4e71-bbee-6fb178772997.jpg.html The bottom has an Ear bar-- http://s55.photobucket.com/user/wes...367951b5-2767-4714-81d3-a6c1409f5910.jpg.html After reading this whole thread I used base coat and then a mix of acrylic craft paint and nailpolish. With more base coat over the top.
This is adorable. I just continue to be amazed that we have nearly 200 pages of posts here, and folks keep coming up with unique ideas. Very, very cute! You must remember to snap a pic of your band-wearing hand holding some of those treats!! Have a super trip!

I wanted to do a sparkle Christmas theme for my trip in a few weeks. This is my band. I need to think of something for my DH's band. He has a red one and (obviously) doesn't want sparkle!

I did a candy cane theme MB by just adding white stripes to my red band. I also used glow in the dark polish. Maybe your DH would like something like that...

Finally got our bands decorated! Well, except for my hubby's gray one.....he wouldn't let me touch his. I really enjoyed doing them & I can't believe we get to start wearing them TOMORROW!!!

Love that frozen band with the sparkly snowflakes. Cute!

Finished my last two bands for my parents last night. My dad is a huge "festival of the Lion King" king, and picked Snow White for my mom. Grandparents need sparkle as much as the kiddos!

Snow White

Lion King

I can't get over the creativity on this thread since I checked in here before our last trip - there are some amazing bands! I ended up ordering decals from myfantasybands.com instead of attempting nail polish on ours this time:
15722619009_a3b625e633_z.jpg

with some Disney MB sliders:
15286406644_b483ee655b_z.jpg

Thought I'd pass this tip along. Found these today and I have already tried them out. They're great for small writing and detailed design. They allow you to paint a very detailed line about the width of a normal Sharpie. The only problem for me... I've already got 3 out of four of our bands finished :rotfl2: I picked these up at Michaels in the section for model cars near the Testor paint.
Testors1.jpg

We got our first set a couple weeks ago, sent to my sister. She brought them to Thanksgiving, and I did mine and my husband. My sister will do hers next weekend, and will send me pictures.

I just signed up for photo bucket, and uploaded the pictures. I've tried twice to get the picture here, but best I did was a link to my photobucket site. If someone will PM or post what to post (a thread I found said an img tag, but I didn't see one), I'll post the pictures.

We got our first set a couple weeks ago, sent to my sister. She brought them to Thanksgiving, and I did mine and my husband. My sister will do hers next weekend, and will send me pictures. I just signed up for photo bucket, and uploaded the pictures. I've tried twice to get the picture here, but best I did was a link to my photobucket site. If someone will PM or post what to post (a thread I found said an img tag, but I didn't see one), I'll post the pictures.
Ok, go to the pic in Photobucket that you want to post. Click on the pic, then it will offer you Web, Img, and a couple other options. Click in the Img box and it will say "link copied." Then paste that into your post. I'm going from memory and I've been up a loooong time, but I think that'll get you there ;)

Ok, go to the pic in Photobucket that you want to post. Click on the pic, then it will offer you Web, Img, and a couple other options. Click in the Img box and it will say "link copied." Then paste that into your post. I'm going from memory and I've been up a loooong time, but I think that'll get you there ;)

I didn't see img at all, am I at the wrong place in photo bucket?

I posted it in my pre trip report but I figured that I would show you guys.

I showed you guys my AP Magic band, the blue one, but I got Magic Bands sent to me for this trip!

Since it is a holiday trip and we are going to MVMCP I got my band red and my mom green. Since I have no artistic talent, lol, I went for a nice fun snowflake theme!

I got a silver pain pen with a fine tip, retrospectivly I wish I got the ultra fine because I wasn't able to do the little details of the v's on the lines. I looked up how to draw them.

I also added more rhinestones than planned because SPARKLE.

I then last minute decided to bling out Mickey hehe.

10487169_890192700999151_7063415560949741795_n.jpg

20699_890192744332480_1593735874849576443_n.jpg

After months of looking at this page, we finally got to decorate our bands for our trip this month. So grateful for all the tips!!

Figment that we copied from this board. Our band was orange so we mixed nail polish to get the purple and painted everything but the horns and wings.

IMG_0355.jpg

Creeper and logo from Minecraft. I wasn't thrilled with making a non Disney thing but when a 7 year old wants something on their magic band, I have a tendency to do what's asked. I ended up liking it a lot. And I don't mind it not being super Disney.
IMG_0356.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter