Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

The countdown is on for our WDW December Adventure. Finished my Magic Band based on all of my favorite treats. It has been so inspiring to see what everyone has created in this thread!

The whole band--

I used the Mickey as the cherry on the cupcake--

The top is a coffee (which I depend on for being up at rope drop) and a rice treat, which is my favorite Main Street snack--

The bottom has an Ear bar--

After reading this whole thread I used base coat and then a mix of acrylic craft paint and nailpolish. With more base coat over the top.

Great job!!!

We have multiple bands, the bands for the female members have tons of Swarovski crystals on them, including the Mickey head. They have been used a total of 27 park days in the past year, and have never had a problem~even on the 7 dwarfs mine train, where they take pictures and put together a video that shows up in your photo pass.

Here is the first of my bands....

I started with acrylic paint and then added a vinyl decal from MyFantasyBands.com and then finished off with a glossy acrylic sealer.

d7f5f4f7-b7b7-43ef-89cd-9dc9a0093364_zpsd8a7c7bf.jpg

Very happy with my first band. The most tedious part on this one was getting the glow paint on the Mickey Head. It ended up taking quite a few layers of paint.

We just got our band today. I'm excited to start decorating. I'll post pics when I'm done. :)

We're getting all set for our trip this Friday! Decorating our bands is quickly becoming my favorite way to prepare for a Disney vacation!

I went with an Ariel-themed band with turquoise base, turquoise sparkles and a purple Mickey head. My youngest DD got a pink sparkly band (like the one I did for my last band below) but with a silver mickey head to differentiate it. My son just wanted a glow-in-the-dark Mickey head and I'm going to attempt to write his name in glow-in-the-dark nail polish on the side a little later today. My oldest DD told me EXACTLY how she wanted hers to look, so the head is partially yellow for Tinkerbell's hair with the ears being silver for the wings and the band has lots of gold swirls for pixie dust. The ears on the Mickey are also glow-in-the-dark.

My husband is a stick in the mud who says that Magic Bands shouldn't be changed from their pristine, intended colors and designs. :rotfl2:

(My band from our trip last month)

I love all the pictures of everyone's bands! Keep them coming!

My bands came today and I am just itching to get started decorating them! I have one question for anyone who used crystals or rhinestones. Did you put any sort of sealer on top? If so, what did you use? If not, did you have problems with the crystals falling off? I bought E6000 to glue the rhinestones on, but I also have some sticker ones.

We finally got ours! I was ready to go - base coat, two coats each of Funky Fingers "Ghouls' Night Out" (a glow-in-the-dark polish) and "Riptide" (changes color in the sun - too bad we haven't had any sun lately so I can test it out!), and some gems. I love the way it turned out! Now my husband has seen how cool mine looks, and he wants to decorate his, too.

I'm so glad that I've seen the posts here about gems not interfering with the function of the band, too. I posted pics in my FB group on Disney and immediately everyone told me I should take them off because my MB wouldn't work, and I don't want to. :(

So thank you for all the great advice, everyone! My band looks awesome, and it's all thanks to you guys.

Echo1_zps66a6cead.jpg

Echo2_zps9bd80f29.jpg

Mine is Cheshire cat- which will go well with my 2 (!) Cheshire cat shirts on our trip. I guess I know what colors I'm getting for my mani-pedi tomorrow. Heh. I used purple, yellow, white, and black nail art pens and dark pink polish with matte topcoat. I put matte topcoat over dh's Darth Maul band also. Looking back I think that the PotC would have looked better with matte as well. Ah well. If we get new bands for APs then I'll re-do them.

The completed set.
In order of me & dh (freehand), then DS-4y, DD-1y, DD-9y (tattoos for kids)
168a6685-c25e-4907-b3c4-f18b29a45da5_zpscc421a37.jpg

I used this Cheshire Cat as my inspiration :-). Thanks!

I finished our MBs. My DH didn't want me to decorate his, but I did paint a clear coat of glow in the dark paint on the little Mickey on his band. For my DD & My bands I went with a Christmas theme. I'm happy with the result.

Mine is the green one, DD's is the pink one. Not sure if you can tell but I painted the gray on hers navy blue. The navy was much easier to paint and cover the gray than the pink was.

Magic bands are done, I am very happy with these as they are all hand panited.

Mine is the Mickey, my daughters have the Jack and Sally and my mom had the Minnie:

15699219117_3d53e48095_z.jpg

15699218887_d1b0f97cd9_z.jpg

15697674200_79e54ea60e_z.jpg

15699196437_df4abce47e_z.jpg

15859164386_187d167b93_z.jpg

15265335343_b852b35c1d_z.jpg

15699216507_b0b59353c9_z.jpg

15884955205_f614b1f79d_z.jpg

15698920909_ace43762a1_z.jpg

15697450588_6b10368839_z.jpg

15698920269_782fb9db53_z.jpg

15859142626_6f9e60f3b1_z.jpg

15699215927_577535fb7a_z.jpg

15697466588_97af0f96f4_z.jpg

15882976821_1cc5f339b8_z.jpg

15884307342_c56eb6ab9e_z.jpg

We just got our bands, and I've had the tattoos for months now. Needless to say I'm so ready to do this project, but how does everyone puncture the holes in the tattoos and paint? I was thinking toothpick.

Finally got my MB's and had to go right to work. They are not perfect, but I am happy and my family is very happy with them.
Here they are... left to right, Hubby's-Alladin, daughters-Howl's Moving Castle,sons-Wall-e,and mine-Mulan. The pictures are the same order of band, just turning them so I can show the entire band.

We just got our bands, and I've had the tattoos for months now. Needless to say I'm so ready to do this project, but how does everyone puncture the holes in the tattoos and paint? I was thinking toothpick.

I just used a tiny little pair of manicure scissors and poked them through and then just opened them slightly and twisted them around slowly which pushed the tattoo's against the side of the holes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter