Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

Speaking of Nightmare Before Christmas, I just finished mine. I used acrylic with fingernail topcoat. In a few months, going to some parks and typhoon lagoon, we'll see how they hold up.
IMGP3184_zps2dbe7032.jpg

IMGP3185_zps0b6e8ee4.jpg

IMGP3186_zpsbd5e4680.jpg
Love it!! Great Job!!!
Thanks for all the tips everyone :)

Here are my magic bands. my dad and I are staying at POP and we wanted a 60's theme. I painted mine as a flower power band. It started as yellow. I painted my dad's as a peace symbol/tie dye theme. It started as orange. I had a lot of fun doing this. Thanks for the inspiration!

These are truly phenomenal. How did you paint the tie dye one? Also the flowers on the other one - did you make those using a dot tool? I really love them. Great job! You can PM me with how you made these and what paint you used.

Wow!! You free handed that? Did you use nail polish pens?

Yes everything was freehanded using small brushes. I used acrylic craft paints, put 2 layers of purple down and then did the rest. Then I used clear fingernail polish topcoat (3 layers). I'm thinking of doing some slip covers made of fabric and painting them because I would need like 20 MB's for all the ideas I want to try. I've only seen pics of people using standard pattern fabric, I haven't seen anyone painting them. So I may try that soon.

To everyone who is hesitant to try it, don't be scared, just go for it!! I haven't seen one pic yet that doesn't have character. Whether super artistic or not, they are all one of a kinds. Just have fun with it. Can't wait to see more.

Yeah, I was super excited when they came out with those. I got 4 colors :)

Thanks! I'm not sure I have time enough to devote to a TR....but I'll take pictures with that in mind anyway and see how it goes :)

Forgive me if this was asked already (haven't read thru all 90 pages) but where do u get the monorails? My son would love that!

Forgive me if this was asked already (haven't read thru all 90 pages) but where do u get the monorails? My son would love that!

Google "monorail cover bands", dvccentral should be one of the first and they have them in their "In the Parks" category.

Here is the link to DVC Central for MB covers

http://dvccentral.com/cover-bands.html

They are awesome! Their customer service is excellent. The variety of designs is growing daily.

There are several colour monorail's offered, they are on the "In the Parks" section...

:)

Argh, I need to get the nail polish remover out and start over. I'm having trouble with the tattoos on my pink band. They really do need a coat of white behind them for the images to pop. It's difficult to judge the shape and size of the white needed if I want to keep the bulk of the band pink. :sad2:

First of all this is a great thread - everyone is so creative. I have a question - for those of you that made designs directly on the magic band where you could still see the color of the magic band - did you paint a clear base coat first or just directly on the magic band?

Also - Can anyone measure the magic band so we can start drafting our design?

Thanks - we can't wait to get our magic bands and start creating.

Argh, I need to get the nail polish remover out and start over. I'm having trouble with the tattoos on my pink band. They really do need a coat of white behind them for the images to pop. It's difficult to judge the shape and size of the white needed if I want to keep the bulk of the band pink. :sad2:

I was thinking about this too. I was thinking (have not tried it yet because I don't have my bands yet) but if you cut out the tattoo to the size you want, and then just hold it to the band and trace it lightly in pencil to get the outline, then you will have a guide to paint white where the tattoo is going to be. Was thinking that might work. Then since it is pencil, you can erase any lines you can still see.

These are truly phenomenal. How did you paint the tie dye one? Also the flowers on the other one - did you make those using a dot tool? I really love them. Great job! You can PM me with how you made these and what paint you used.

Thank you. Sent you a pm.:)

From what i have read, nail polish remover can be used to remove a tattoo from the magic bands, correct?

Does the nail polish remover affect the magic band- discoloration or texture?

I am thinking of using the temporary tattoos, but not using a base coat or top coat, and changing out the tattoos each evening to go with the plans for the next day. If the tattoos rub off during the day it will not be a big deal.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

First of all this is a great thread - everyone is so creative. I have a question - for those of you that made designs directly on the magic band where you could still see the color of the magic band - did you paint a clear base coat first or just directly on the magic band?

Also - Can anyone measure the magic band so we can start drafting our design?

Thanks - we can't wait to get our magic bands and start creating.

someone made a full size template of MBs further back in the thread. I can try and find it again in a moment

From what i have read, nail polish remover can be used to remove a tattoo from the magic bands, correct?

Does the nail polish remover affect the magic band- discoloration or texture?

I am thinking of using the temporary tattoos, but not using a base coat or top coat, and changing out the tattoos each evening to go with the plans for the next day. If the tattoos rub off during the day it will not be a big deal.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

I used polish remover to take polish off an entire band that I was unhappy with. It did not seem to discolor the band or cause any problems.

Ok, I had a couple of hours available today so I had to try it. I got a scrap piece of fabric and made a slip cover for MB and started painting(strictly as an experiment). I liked the wrapping effect that occurred where I painted outside the outlines of the MB and it wrapped underneath(2nd pic). Unfortunately, now I may have a new addiction since I can make as many covers as I want.
IMGP3188_zps822c049f.jpg

IMGP3189_zps67aacaff.jpg

I painted a Simba band for a friend.... First time ever painting a band. Not sealed yet..... I think I want to start over. As soon as I post more I'll share the images

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter