Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

I just spent the whole weekend reading this thread (with a few side trips to research temporary tattoos, stickers, nail polish & embellishments) :). What marvelous creativity!! I now have about 50 ideas and only 1 band to work with. Well, the trip's not until September so I have a little time to pare that down to one design. Wish me luck.

Here are ours. My DH went to University of Florida and just wanted a simple Gator themed band. I just added the blue to the orange band and it came out great. I am surprised he let me do that much.

I made one for me that is navy and pink. I went basic to see how the process of painting the bands went. The second one I made I was going for an Ariel inspired under the sea/bubble theme.

The one tip I have is to paint the Mickey head first. It was much easier that way.

I just spent the whole weekend reading this thread (with a few side trips to research temporary tattoos, stickers, nail polish & embellishments) :). What marvelous creativity!! I now have about 50 ideas and only 1 band to work with. Well, the trip's not until September so I have a little time to pare that down to one design. Wish me luck.

Good Luck! There are soooo many great ideas here. I am sure yours will end up great! pixiedust:

So I saw on Facebook that there are now cover bands for the MB. I'm kinda bummed..... I feel like it takes away from all of our awesomely creative and beautiful hand done bands that we all are making.
*sad face*

So I saw on Facebook that there are now cover bands for the MB. I'm kinda bummed..... I feel like it takes away from all of our awesomely creative and beautiful hand done bands that we all are making. *sad face*
It doesn't have to. Not everyone is creative when it comes to artsy stuff. Just gives them a chance to have a cool band too. You can tell the difference between hand decorated and the vinyl covers. Plus, there's a million more things you can do to your band that can't be done with just vinyl.

So I saw on Facebook that there are now cover bands for the MB. I'm kinda bummed..... I feel like it takes away from all of our awesomely creative and beautiful hand done bands that we all are making.
*sad face*

I wouldn't worry. I don't think there is any way the cover bands could surpass the creativity I have seen on these boards. But it's a good option for those who don't feel they are creative enough to attempt to decorate their bands on their own.

So here are our bands! We leave today!!
5aaf4fab-3000-44ec-af9e-4c0ee47aa735.jpg

minnie_band.jpg

ariel_band.jpg

73557b92-cab2-47d3-98e7-6eddb094f062.jpg

db5c2652-cb46-4f82-9758-93438955695e.jpg

358ce544-4fc3-4b40-99b1-7475372bde5d.jpg

Hello! I do not have time to read 131 pages of posts, but I may get through some later. I was hoping someone could give me a quick rundown of how you decorate these? What kind of paints work best and I've seen stickers and tattoos? Thanks for any help!

These are awesome! I see that your probably on the road, but if you could, where did you get the pieces that you added to the bands? Especially the Little Mermaid one.

I totally love them all!

Jennifer

Hello! I do not have time to read 131 pages of posts, but I may get through some later. I was hoping someone could give me a quick rundown of how you decorate these? What kind of paints work best and I've seen stickers and tattoos? Thanks for any help!

It seems most commonly nail polish finished with a clear topcoat. Some people use acrylic paint and an acrylic sealer. I have one in all nail polish and one in acrylic with a nail polish finish. As for decorating, just get creative!

Did anyone have issues with the tattoos getting messed up by the base/top coat going over them? My Wall-E tattoos seem almost too fragile to get covered. I let them dry fully and tried two different times (last night before bed, today around noon) to cover them and the base coat I was using left no tattoo unscarred. I had to wipe the band down with acetone and will be starting over. Planning on changing polishes.

I found I needed to be careful with a few of our Star Wars tattoos. If it seemed to be an issue I made certain the brush was well loaded with base coat and didn't spread it too thin with the brush itself. It seemed to spread out and settle just fine on it's own.

My worst problem was getting the tattoos themselves on. Just managed to get enough to work out before I ran out! Poor R2D2 and C3PO as well as Luke were complete messes and just had to be scraped off. :(

I found I needed to be careful with a few of our Star Wars tattoos. If it seemed to be an issue I made certain the brush was well loaded with base coat and didn't spread it too thin with the brush itself. It seemed to spread out and settle just fine on it's own. My worst problem was getting the tattoos themselves on. Just managed to get enough to work out before I ran out! Poor R2D2 and C3PO as well as Luke were complete messes and just had to be scraped off. :(

Ultimately, we determined it was not enough polish and the brush touching the tattoos. It happened with the new polish and a different brush. My wife found that if you let it bead into a ball, drip onto the band, and the spread it gently it was mostly harmless. Basically, be overly generous with the stuff. Once that first coat was down and dried over the tattoos the rest could be as thin or thick as you wanted.

I painted my nails to match my MB. I used acrylic paints on both the MB and my nails. I used acrylic sealer (found at Micheal's with the paint) and clear top coat for my nails. The pink on my nails is Sinful Colors and they even had the exact same pink as my MB!

I painted my nails to match my MB. I used acrylic paints on both the MB and my nails. I used acrylic sealer (found at Micheal's with the paint) and clear top coat for my nails. The pink on my nails is Sinful Colors and they even had the exact same pink as my MB!

Wow! You are really talented I love your nails! I am proud when i manage to get the majority of the polish on my nail and not my hand haha! They look great!

I am loving these bands! :goodvibes Where did you get those attachments and what exactly are they?

Great job! I can't draw on paper to save my life, let alone my nails. ;)

I painted my nails to match my MB. I used acrylic paints on both the MB and my nails. I used acrylic sealer (found at Micheal's with the paint) and clear top coat for my nails. The pink on my nails is Sinful Colors and they even had the exact same pink as my MB!QUOTE]

Beautiful job! :woohoo:

Ultimately, we determined it was not enough polish and the brush touching the tattoos. It happened with the new polish and a different brush. My wife found that if you let it bead into a ball, drip onto the band, and the spread it gently it was mostly harmless. Basically, be overly generous with the stuff. Once that first coat was down and dried over the tattoos the rest could be as thin or thick as you wanted.

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter