• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

From decorating 8 of our 9 bands, I learned that if you need them to be smaller -- without the outer grey section -- remove this before decorating to prevent cracking. I put polish on them closed but bigger to help decorate, or so I thought. The two bands that are smaller cracked when adjusted to fit wrists. Not horribly noticeable, but I know it. Also, yellow seemed to be the 'better' natural color choice.

Bands have arrived! Tracking number was spotty but they shipped Monday and arrived today. Decorating to commence this weekend!

Current progress on my little mermaid band, will update when I finish
xkuott.jpg

finished!

The dark purple on the shells, sebastian's claw, and each bubble have the corresponding color of glitter, it doesn't show up in the picture very well though. I think it's so fun!
This is acrylic paint (minus the glitter that is nail polish) on a pink band with a clear nail polish topcoat.

dept9k.jpg

finished!

The dark purple on the shells, sebastian's claw, and each bubble have the corresponding color of glitter, it doesn't show up in the picture very well though. I think it's so fun!
This is acrylic paint (minus the glitter that is nail polish) on a pink band with a clear nail polish topcoat.

dept9k.jpg

Awesome job! I am curious to hear how the acrylic paint holds up.

finished!

I love how you turned the MH into a shell. The whole band came out very pretty! Is the blue ocean acrylic too?

I used acrylic paints too, but covered it in acrylic sealer. It's been dry for about a week and no cracking when it is bent smaller and I stuck it under the faucet and it held up there too. I've tried scratching at it with my fingernail and I can't scrape anything off. But I think if you had a sharp nail or tack and really tried, it would scratch. We leave on Wed so we'll see how it holds up at the parks.

Did anyone have issues with the tattoos getting messed up by the base/top coat going over them? My Wall-E tattoos seem almost too fragile to get covered. I let them dry fully and tried two different times (last night before bed, today around noon) to cover them and the base coat I was using left no tattoo unscarred. I had to wipe the band down with acetone and will be starting over. Planning on changing polishes.

Awesome job! I am curious to hear how the acrylic paint holds up.
I'll be sure to report back. I have another one in full nail polish so I can see the difference. The acrylic has a good layer of clear polish over it so I am hoping that will be enough but I'll see!

I love how you turned the MH into a shell. The whole band came out very pretty! Is the blue ocean acrylic too?

I used acrylic paints too, but covered it in acrylic sealer. It's been dry for about a week and no cracking when it is bent smaller and I stuck it under the faucet and it held up there too. I've tried scratching at it with my fingernail and I can't scrape anything off. But I think if you had a sharp nail or tack and really tried, it would scratch. We leave on Wed so we'll see how it holds up at the parks.

Yep it is acrylic. It was initially a pink band. It is covered in clear nail polish so we will have to see how/if it holds up!

Left to right: DW, Me, DD, my sister.

Finally done! Single coat of clear base coat, tattoos, painted mouse heads, two coats of matte top coat on the tattoos, one to two coats of clear top coat on the mouse heads. The matte makes the bands look like they came straight from Disney like that.

The wife and I assembly lined these into the wee hours last night. She's especially proud of DD's Mickey head. I'd wholeheartedly agree.

Left to right: DW, Me, DD, my sister.

Finally done! Single coat of clear base coat, tattoos, painted mouse heads, two coats of matte top coat on the tattoos, one to two coats of clear top coat on the mouse heads. The matte makes the bands look like they came straight from Disney like that.

The wife and I assembly lined these into the wee hours last night. She's especially proud of DD's Mickey head. I'd wholeheartedly agree.

I agree as well! That is exactly what I wanted to do with my red band! :thumbsup2 Where did you find the Mickey stickers?

They're temporary tattoos from Party City. Mickey and Goofy came from a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse set. I believe Minnie came from either a separate Clubhouse set or Minnie's Bowtique.

We bought 8-10 sets from Party City (MMCH, Little Mermaid, Sofia the First, Cinderella, along with some we didn't use like Sesame St and Phineas and Ferb), a 50 pack of Disney Princess tattoos from Target, and I scoured the internet for the Wall-E sets.

Just wanted to report that our bands held up beautifully over our 8 night trip. They were painted with nail polish and covered with 2 coats if a base coat. We swam and attended a water park with no issues to the decor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter