• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

I just got back from the park with my first attempt at a decorated MB. It was pink and I just slapped a bunch of glitter nail polish all over it, as opaque as possible. It sure was sparkly and I got a lot of compliments, but I didn't like that the pink showed through underneath.

I had a red MB, so I just finished decorating it. This time, I kept it in the same color family. Used a clear base coat, then yellow and orange glitter polish in a gradient, and then black for the Mickey, all topped with a super shiny top coat. I think it looks pretty good!

I didn't mean for it to, but I think it kinda looks like Iron Man. Whoops! I wanted it to look like Mickey, haha.

Untitled by essilec, on Flickr

base coat, two coats of holo polish, one coat of pink glitter polish, one coat of topcoat.
swam everyday with the band on looks the same now a week later :) got lots of compliments too.

What did you use to glue on the gems?

Has anyone tried clear spray polyurethane on their bands instead of nail polish? Just wondering ....

I did. We haven't left yet but it's already scratched up just from being handled.
Base coated then applied a pine box derby car which is really a sheet of water slide. Then several top coats of spray.
I think it is because one coat of spray is so much thinner than polish

I am currently working on mine. I had just put the nail polish directly on the band and then finished with a base coat. It seems to be fine but should I have used a base coast first then polish and then base coat? I am about to start working on another band so I want to do what is going to hold up the best.

I have 4 sets of MB's with same decorating technique n all have worked fine with scanning, water, sweat n etc... Even used them to pay for things n no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

While at Disney a few weeks ago I was having "down time" with my granddaughter (2). We were putting Doc McStuffin stickers on paper. She put 2 stickers on my magic band ( a band aid and chilly.) I got more comments, other kids noticed too.

Has anyone tried the printable temporary tattoo's? My daughter is a huge Anime freak and she loves all the Miyazaki movies and wants to do her band with pictures from Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, or Princess Mononoke. She is 14 and does VERY well with drawling animee but the art work is just to detailed for her to free hand onto a band, so I was thinking of getting the printable temporary tattoo sheets so we could print pics from the movie she decides on and then transfer to the band. Was worried that the printable ones might not be waterproof and we know it ALWAYS rains at Disney. If I put the base coat of clear polish over it, do you think that will keep the ink on the tattoo's from running?

Has anyone tried the printable temporary tattoo's? My daughter is a huge Anime freak and she loves all the Miyazaki movies and wants to do her band with pictures from Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, or Princess Mononoke. She is 14 and does VERY well with drawling animee but the art work is just to detailed for her to free hand onto a band, so I was thinking of getting the printable temporary tattoo sheets so we could print pics from the movie she decides on and then transfer to the band. Was worried that the printable ones might not be waterproof and we know it ALWAYS rains at Disney. If I put the base coat of clear polish over it, do you think that will keep the ink on the tattoo's from running?

I plan on doing printable rub ons tomorrow- I'll report back if no one else has experience to share.

okay, well I want to decorate my MB for my trip, time is running low :hourglass ! What I'm planning on doing is putting dots to make little mickey mouse heads on my pink MB. My question is how should I go about top coat/base coats? :confused3 I read this whole thread (sooooo much talent :goodvibes ) and there were a few things on how to go about it but I don't know which will result in less chipping. Base coat, top coat, or both and how many coats, what order? sorry for all the questions and rambling on and on but I just don't know what to do :confused3

Hmm pics arent working... let me try again..

14268985465_d67198a11d_n.jpg
[/url]#magicbands by annes426, on Flickr[/IMG]

and my favorite (too bad it's for my DD)

14268984995_5fe3901e1c_n.jpg
[/url]#magicbands by annes426, on Flickr[/IMG]

They make printable rub ons?

You can make your own fairly easily.
Go online and find some artwork that you like. Then you can resize the pics to make them fit the bands.
Then follow these steps:

Supplies you need:
1 Copier Transparency
Fine Mist Hair Gel
Hairspray
Hair Dryer
Ink Jet Printer

Instructions:

Step 1: Spray the fine mist hair gel on the transparency. Holding the film a few inches from a mirror allows you to see if you have a good even coverage over the film. Only spray enough to cover the film completely. You don’t want the gel to “run” down the page, yet you need enough gel to cover all areas of the film

Step 2: Using the hair dryer, dry the gel to the transparency. It should only take between 20-45 seconds if you placed the correct amount of gel on the film.

Step 3: Prepare your artwork using any number of design or word processing programs. You can also stamp the images on the film with dye or pigment based inks. *Important: The design or image will need to be reversed. You can flip the image in your desired program or complete the image mirror in the printing step.

Step 4: Set your printer to the “T-shirt Transfer” mode or select “Mirror Image” in your printer options. (Refer to the manual that came with your printer for assistance.) If you already flipped the image in your design software or word processor, you can skip this step.

Step 5: Print your image on a normal print setting. This should provide enough ink to make a wonderful transfer while making sure the ink does not run. You may need to experiment a few times to get the right setting. *NOTE: Only print exactly what you desire to rub-on and not excess images. You will be able to use the transparency many times.

Step 6: Allow the ink to dry in place. You can speed the drying process with a hair dryer, but be careful not to blow the ink out of place. Place your image flat on a surface and spray with a light coat of hairspray. Using the hair dryer, dry the hairspray in place.

Step 7: Gently lay the rub-on onto the artwork. (Practice first!) Using a spoon, rub the image in place. Make sure to rub the entire area thoroughly to release the image. Gently peel away.
:)

Here is my attempt with the bands we got last year. I used temporary tattoos from two different packages. I am sorry, I don’t know how to make these pictures smaller.

Here is my attempt with the bands we got last year. I used temporary tattoos from two different packages. I am sorry, I don’t know how to make these pictures smaller.

I really like these. I believe I know what to do to use the temporary tattoos now from all of the posts and responses to my questions. Base coat, dry, tattoos and another base coat.

Now I am going to ask a question that you all might think is really silly. How do you put on the tattoos without covering the holes in the band? Do you cover them and then somehow poke something through to open them? I have been wondering this for a while, but have felt silly for asking!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter