Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

My talented mother's MagicBand!

image.jpg

We finally got our magic bands for our trip! We leave the 30th! :) But I am super nervous to decorate them!! I have been looking forward to decorating since I saw it could be done but now that I actually have them, I'm freezing!
I see most people use nail polish and sharpies. Which works best?
I have some paint sharpies that I used to decorate their suitcases, will that work good, anyone had experience with them? Do you have to put a clear coat of nail polish on top? How do you prevent them from cracking? I was thinking about doing polka dots or zebra on mine, what would be the best tool to do that with?
TIA! :)

So here is our final set of bands for our trip this week! :cool1: The very first one I did (Animal): The official set for our trip (Nemo, Incredibles, Mickey, and Monsters):

Ok, I must know...how did you do the MICKEY one? My hubby would love it!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Heading to WDW on Sunday.....WOO HOO!!!!
DW did a great job on the DD7 (Minnie) and DD6 (Hello Kitty) bands.

MagicBand1.jpg

MagicBand2.jpg

I'll be curious whether or not those still work with the Mickey heads on the bands covered.
We've been to WDW twice now with Magicbsnds and sometimes even with nothing coveting the Mickey head, it took a couple tries to get it to register.

I'll be curious whether or not those still work with the Mickey heads on the bands covered. We've been to WDW twice now with Magicbsnds and sometimes even with nothing coveting the Mickey head, it took a couple tries to get it to register.

Yes they do. I had mine covered with a pirate skull and it worked fine.

Heading to WDW on Sunday.....WOO HOO!!!! DW did a great job on the DD7 (Minnie) and DD6 (Hello Kitty) bands.

You'll have to tell me how the purple band holds up. I'll be gluing stuff to my band very similar to the Minnie head.

You'll have to tell me how the purple band holds up. I'll be gluing stuff to my band very similar to the Minnie head.
how did you get it to be purple? What was the original band color? Thanks!

Love all these decorations! Has anyone been able to remove all the nail polish from their band easily? I have a few coats but want to change the color if I can. TIA!

Hope this turns out!! We had so much fun making these that I wish they sent you a couple of sets for play with!

I can see them. :thumbsup2 And, they look great!
Love the simple elegance of the Mickey ones.

Is the pirate one tattoos?

Thank you SmallWorld! Yes, the pirate one was tatoos with a layer of base/top coat over it. We couldn't talk him into any sparkles. Haha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter