Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

Oh! The clear polish we used was only the 2 dollar kind, the others were expensive. I don't think it matters much though. We've slowly been switching to "safer" polish, and we didn't use those on the mbs. The more "organic" polishes would definitely not hold up.

thanks for the ideas! My girls both ordered the pink MB and I thought we would buy the band-its to differentiate. but since they are not holding up well, I will use your nail polish trick instead.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I haven't seen the MagicBands in person yet (waiting on mine for my January marathon trip!), but was wondering if the old Disney Crocs charms (they had a fancy name that I can't recall) would work? My youngest DS had quite the collection that he would admire rather than put on his shoes (and still in a ziplock bag in his dresser).

I haven't seen the MagicBands in person yet (waiting on mine for my January marathon trip!), but was wondering if the old Disney Crocs charms (they had a fancy name that I can't recall) would work?

I don't think the Jibbitz would work. If I recall correctly, the backs did not come off those things and you had to work them through the Crocs holes. The holes in the MBs seem small - more like the holes in a watch band, so no way to squeeze the Jibbitz back through. Even if you could, it wouldn't be comfortable against your wrist all day, I would imagine, which is likely why Disney went with the design they did (and why they keep falling out... they would need an uncomfortable back to keep them in place).

Besides, I don't imagine Disney is overly concerned with people losing them - my guess would be they're hoping to end up selling more! Not sure I'd buy them more than once, so maybe not! :upsidedow

Love the nail polish versions - I might try red with white polka dots for Minnie, to go with my pedicure in Disney!

I've just used a cheap fingernail polish with glitter for mine. I messed up the polish in a few places, so instead of using remover, I thought I'd try to rub the polish off to test it. I couldn't rub it off at all, even with the metal fingernail file I tried. That's only with 2 coats.

I'm still working on it. When I'm satisfied, I'll get a picture up. :cool1:

I've just used a cheap fingernail polish with glitter for mine. I messed up the polish in a few places, so instead of using remover, I thought I'd try to rub the polish off to test it. I couldn't rub it off at all, even with the metal fingernail file I tried. That's only with 2 coats.

I'm still working on it. When I'm satisfied, I'll get a picture up. :cool1:

I used remover on a q-tip for the edges, and a super fine nail polish paint brush dipped in remover for the grooves around the mickey heads. Should work fine.

I can't wait to see yours! I bet they look great!

can anyone else verify that the bands covered in nail polish are working? i blinged mine out, but now i'm wondering if i've rendered it useless. well, not useless...it's a cute, sparkly silver bracelet with a mickey head on it and little snowflakes around the band. :)

luckily, this is just a two day trip in two weeks, and we'll be back in january with all new bands. so it's a good test. just wondering if anyone else can verify that a polished band will work before i go walking up to the ME stand trying to use a pretty but broken band.

is there any way to check to see if the RFID is still working before disney? anyplace else use the technology where you could at least see if a signal is coming out? is that even a thing? I AM NOT A SCIENTIST, MAN.

Read upthread there are a couple of posts.

The original nail polish post used hers after it was blinged. IN fact people even talked briefly about whether using polish remover to neaten the edges would damage it and it was stated that it did not.

We'll be there on the 2nd and will double verify and post then. I'm not worried about it with how rfid works. If anything, it's been reported how easy it is to replace your mbs, and it doesn't change your MDE. Just stuck with a boring grey one, same as if you lost it.

We plan to do our polish tomorrow and we will use them Dec 1st.

Love the look!

Just finished modding our MBs for our Christmas trip:

I used a combination of Sharpie, nail polish, and Oil-based paint pens. HUGE thanks to mrsxsparrow for the idea of the Blue Chrome color - DS went nuts when he saw that! One thing - I put a chip-resistant top coat on the blue one, and you can't see it, but there are cracks in the top coat when I bend it. I'm going to have DS try it on and see what band holes he has it set on, and then try to apply another top coat to seal the mini-cracks. The other three have no top coat. The crystals are Swarovski flat-back crystals from A.C. Moore, super-glued on. So excited to wear them to the parks!

Just finished modding our MBs for our Christmas trip: http://www.flickr.com/photos/29616826@N06/11022241463/ I used a combination of Sharpie, nail polish, and Oil-based paint pens. HUGE thanks to mrsxsparrow for the idea of the Blue Chrome color - DS went nuts when he saw that! One thing - I put a chip-resistant top coat on the blue one, and you can't see it, but there are cracks in the top coat when I bend it. I'm going to have DS try it on and see what band holes he has it set on, and then try to apply another top coat to seal the mini-cracks. The other three have no top coat. The crystals are Swarovski flat-back crystals from A.C. Moore, super-glued on. So excited to wear them to the parks!

These are awesome! Wow!

I LOOOOVE the glitter effect some of you all are trying! Especially the pink glittery one... I do happen to have pink glitter nail polish on hand but I just don't have the patience or skill to do any crafty things, plus I'd be worried I'd ruin my Magic Band. Plain pink will just have to do. :)

Which brands of Polish have you been using? I know when I try my glittery ones on my nails it doesn't come out like that so would be interesting to find out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter