• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

Just finished mine for our trip in exactly a week from today! Not sure whether or not to add more pizazz or keep it as is

osfhtu.jpg

WOW! I'm new to MB decals and I am blown away!

Who do you recommend to buy from if you aren't crafty? Also, I need someone who ships to Canada, if that makes a difference.
I bought from two sellers on Etsy. I don't know about shipping to Canada, but you can ask the sellers questions. Just look around on there for Magicband decals. There's tons of nice ones. I know some people on here use Magicyourband for the full band decals. Also not sure about shipping, I've never used them.

Our second go-round with band decorating. Didn't go any easier than the first, haha. My wife and I each scrubbed and restarted our bands at least twice.

If it's not obvious, mine's Captain Mickey, hers is the sparklefest, and DD is the green.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 113
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    105 KB · Views: 112
Left to right: DW, Me, DD, my sister.

Finally done! Single coat of clear base coat, tattoos, painted mouse heads, two coats of matte top coat on the tattoos, one to two coats of clear top coat on the mouse heads. The matte makes the bands look like they came straight from Disney like that.

The wife and I assembly lined these into the wee hours last night. She's especially proud of DD's Mickey head. I'd wholeheartedly agree.

Quoting for reference, our first attempt two years ago.

WOW! I'm new to MB decals and I am blown away!

Who do you recommend to buy from if you aren't crafty? Also, I need someone who ships to Canada, if that makes a difference.

I'm also Canadian & have used www.myfantasybands.com many times over since they opened. We always receive the package within 10 days of ordering.

The band covers are adorable & very durable, we've received many compliments from guests and Cast Members alike.

We had one spontaneously planned Christmas trip & wanted Christmas decals for our bands. No problem.. they were shipped to us care of the front desk at WL and were there when we checked in!

These are fabulous. When you said that you designed them. Did you use an online software or your own design software. Very creative!
Thanks! I did them on Magicyourband.com. They have a generator where you can customize your own decals right on their site.

Our second go-round with band decorating. Didn't go any easier than the first, haha. My wife and I each scrubbed and restarted our bands at least twice.

If it's not obvious, mine's Captain Mickey, hers is the sparklefest, and DD is the green.

I love the Captain Mickey idea!

It's been many many months since I've read this thread completely through. I made a mistake and thought to myself, "I don't need to write down this information; I can remember this!" :rotfl2::rolleyes1:rotfl2:

Today I pulled out some old magic bands to practice on. Was this a recommended way to do things?

1. Nail polish base coat
2. DD wants glitter nail polish so a layer of that
3. Another coat of the base coat nail polish

With complete drying in between layers

For those who have printed your own temporary tattoos to decorate the magic bands, what brand of temp tattoo paper are you using? Thanks!!

Oooooooohhh! So sparkly! What kind of crystals did you use and how did you adhere them?

I used swarovski crystals (purchased from amazon) and E6000 glue to adhere. Also, I had a wax tool to pick up the crystals which was a lot easier than the tweezers I used in the past.

1st rate work! It is beautiful!

Thank you! It was a labor of love and can't wait to see what it looks like in the sun!! :smooth:

@OhanaMomma - I had saved your info on using automotive adhesive as a base coat from back in June or July ...I was wondering how your bands turned out?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter