Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

Just put our magic your band covers on our bands and they are a little long. We all have the full band covers not the two piece. Anyone else notice this with their bands? I didn't pull or stretch them while I was putting them on. The ends aren't sticking well also and come up to easily. I have rubbed them down really well too. I even made sure to wipe the bands down with rubbing alcohol to clean them up before starting. I don't own a hair dryer to heat them up as I have read here. Also noticed that the holes even tho they are lined up perfectly are a little small so when you unsnap your band the cover pulls up at the holes and you need to try and rub them back down but it stays all crinkled and folded around the holes. Is my experience with all this unique? Aside from this the covers are great and pictures I used turned out really nice.

Last edited:
Can you tell me the brand name of the spray sealer you like? DH did this movie strip band and used a combination of acrylic paint, nail polish, and sharpies. Ugh. I love the band but it desperately needs to be sealed before he wears it.

IMG_3568_zpsb1434d0d.jpg

IMG_3567_zps8ba735e7.jpg
I can't tell you how much I LOVE the filmstrip band!!!!!!!

I just finished these tonight. I have one more to go, but it's Ursula-themed and her tentacles are just not cooperating.
1. Old EPCOT symbols, sharpie over metallic acrylics, sealed with Sally Hansen top coat (which smeared the sharpie a bit but live and learn.)
2. Jack Skellington as Sandy Claws, all acrylic with top coat. I wish I could remember who did a version of this previously - HockeyMomNH maybe?
3. Fantasia-themed, but it's a little hard to see when laid flat because of the glare and the different shades of blue. But you get the idea.
mbandEPCOT.JPG mbandjack.JPG mbandfantasia.JPG

Attachments

• mbandfantasiatop.JPG
    mbandfantasiatop.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 13
I just finished these tonight. I have one more to go, but it's Ursula-themed and her tentacles are just not cooperating.
1. Old EPCOT symbols, sharpie over metallic acrylics, sealed with Sally Hansen top coat (which smeared the sharpie a bit but live and learn.)
2. Jack Skellington as Sandy Claws, all acrylic with top coat. I wish I could remember who did a version of this previously - HockeyMomNH maybe?
3. Fantasia-themed, but it's a little hard to see when laid flat because of the glare and the different shades of blue. But you get the idea.
View attachment 135304 View attachment 135307 View attachment 135311

Great job on the bands. I love the Epcot one! Did you paint the outside purple? I'm looking forward to seeing your Ursula too.

I remember the inspiration for your Jack band. It was done by Waynebattle, I think.

Great job on the bands. I love the Epcot one! Did you paint the outside purple? I'm looking forward to seeing your Ursula too.

I remember the inspiration for your Jack band. It was done by Waynebattle, I think.

Thank you! Yes, I had a metallic purple paint lying around and loved how it looked with the dark blue.

I really wanted glow in the dark but I just wasn't real happy last year with all of the glow paints and polishes I tried. I got the plain glow skins from magicyourband and put them on a grey band with a clear base coat and then a coat of white nail polish. I then applied my stickers and rhinestones and finally a clear base coat. These glow really bright, look much nicer in person as my camera really was not happy focusing in the dark. You can see a lot of detail of the stickers when it's glowing. This years took a fraction of the time to do as I did all of my testing last year and knew what worked and what didn't.

I know this post is a few weeks old, but I LOVE your glow! I just wanted to verify....you used the glow skins and put white polish on TOP of them? And the glow showed through? Just wanted to make sure I read that right. I'd love to try a glowing one but all the polishes and paints just don't seem to glow enough.

Thanks!!

Thank you! Yes, I had a metallic purple paint lying around and loved how it looked with the dark blue.
Thanks for remembering me HockeyMomNH. I'm still around, getting ready to do some more MB's during christmas break hopefully for a spring trip.
fabfemmeboy, glad you were inspired, all of your bands are awesome. I see where disney has finally caught up with us and is doing custom bands now, pretty funny. I still have yet to see any special bands like we have on here in the parks. It's just unbelievable, I must be walking around the park with the wrong crowds...LOL. Anyway, everyone keep up the creations, I'm always excited to see what new ideas you guys come up with.

I know this post is a few weeks old, but I LOVE your glow! I just wanted to verify....you used the glow skins and put white polish on TOP of them? And the glow showed through? Just wanted to make sure I read that right. I'd love to try a glowing one but all the polishes and paints just don't seem to glow enough.

Thanks!!

Hi, sorry my reply is so late, we had been at Disney all week and I hadn't checked in here. I will say that the amount of attention the bands received was over whelming.
There were maybe only one or two people all week when we scanned our bands that didn't make us stop and let them look at them closer and ask all kinds of questions. Then they would bring others over to show them. Some said they loved our bracelets and then realized that they were our magic bands. Some just came up when we were in line and asked where they could get one. I steered many people here and told them to look at all of the beautiful bands people have created. I was looking around but really hadn't seen other customized bands which I was hoping for. Many of the CMs said they wish more people would do this as they love to see the creativity and variety.
I hope this info helps you some, with what I did:
I started with grey bands as I thought they were the best color to put on the magicyourband one piece glow skin to allow the tattoos/stickers have the brightest color. If I remember, I did one clear Wet N Wild base coat under the glow skin. I may have also put a coat of white nail polish under the skin. It was awhile ago and know I thought about it, but not sure if I did it. From there I added stickers/tattoos/rhinestones/nail tape and finally coated two more coats of base coat to secure and seal all on top of the skin layer. I noticed no cracking and we were there nine days with bands on and off. They glowed real bright and the tattoos were very visible and colorful in the dark. If you want alot of glow, get a magicyourband skin. They arrived fast, people were excellent to deal with, the skins are super nice qulity and are also very easy to apply. After experimenting last year with so many other attempts of glow, this was by far the best result and easiest to do.

Last edited:
My new magic band decals came in! I'm in love!:love:
Here is the Lilly Pulitzer inspired decal on my old green magic band. This was ordered from myfantasybands.com
104g9e0.jpg

And here is the Vera Bradley decal I designed and ordered from magicyourband.com The picture is a little fuzzy, but thats my own fault, it was really hard for me to find a clear image and this is the best I could get. Either way, I'm still really happy with it and I think I'm going to end up getting either a yellow or pink magic band for this decal :hyper:
30tm8wl.jpg

Just got back from 10 days. I have to say I did not see many decorated bands, considering how many of us are on here. I did get quite a few compliments from CM's that were not too busy to take notice. Had a great time! And...the bands with the tattoos and nail polish held up with no cracking or wearing whatsoever!

Just finished decorating my DH and my magic bands for our trip, we leave Friday. (Yay!!!)
Mickey and Minnie :)
14xBWMp.jpg

I also helped my cousin decorate bands for her, her husband, her mom and dad, and their twin girls!
From left to right:
Daisy - for my Aunt, married to my Uncle who's name is Doald
Donald - My Uncle's name is Donald so we simply had do this
Dragon Themed - for one of the daughters, they got to pick out what they wanted on theirs
Mickey - Her Husband's
Minnie - My Cousins, which she designed
Princess Themed - for the other daughter.
Be6egEs.jpg

Just finished my first set for our trip in January! I considered doing actual art, but ended up wanting something more jewelry like that will match my clothes better. I'm super frustrated that my husband's band photographs a million times better than mine- the camera did not want to pick up the duochrome pearl colour and the opal flakes at all. :(
Big pictures in the spoilers. :)

WYCwR44.jpg

The colours on the non-flash set are more accurate, although again, the camera does not want to pick up the opal flakes or the icy mint green/pale silvery pink shimmer that it reflects when you move it in the light.

DsFoqBh.jpg

Yes, he actually wanted the hearts.

My second set is coming in soon- I'm thinking of doing an all silver band with gold accents for my husband and then doing mine pearlescent white with silver accents.

Just finished decorating my DH and my magic bands for our trip, we leave Friday. (Yay!!!)
Mickey and Minnie :)
14xBWMp.jpg

Love your bands, classic and cute!

Did you use any kind of sealant or top coat on the gray mickey one? My husband doesn't want me to decorate his band, but I think he'd go for something classic like that (as opposed to the all over craziness that I do, LOL). Would love some details on what you used, nail polish, paints?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter