Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

Any suggestions to stop cracking? I've painted the band fit to size with nail polish but I'm still getting "crackled" look.

We did an Ariel Christmas band for friends and we used a red band. My DD did Minnie with a pink band. My son did Walt/Mickey and he used gray. Here is my DDs Minnie band. My DD wants to do Tangled for our next trip and I think she got blue. We love decorating them.
Minnie-Final_zps1e2a6bea.jpg
Did you use fingernail polish on these? They are so cute!

I am biding my time until I can book our package (hoping for dining plan announcement?) and got hooked on magic band decorating. I am FLOORED by some of the designs on here. STUNNING!! and way over my head, so I will be adding pre made touches to mine and clear coating for longevity so I have 2 questions:

1) Stickers or Tattoos? Those of you that have added either or both, which one went on easier and held up better? I will be doing Ohio State Buckeyes on gray band for hubby, either Belle on Blue for me (or maybe purple sparkly nail polish with zebra stripes), DS will be Lightning McQueen (or as he calls it, Lighter Peen-he is 3 ;) ) and Gpa and Gma are undecided. Might leave theirs plain, boring.

2) long lasting, non cracking top coat options? NO experience with this, what has held up well for you? And what is it called (be specific) and where can I find it?

THANKS!! Can't WAIT to play!

Well I just ordered two custom Magic Your Band skins...We shall see how this goes. If all goes well I will report back here with pics. In the meantime I will continue to oogle everyone's hard work! :-)

Finished the kids' bands. I have a huge supply of nail art in the house. Most of the inexpensive things came from Walmart. (* denotes Salon supply store)

1. Sally Hansen Diamond Strength clear on both bands for a base coat.
2. I love Nail Art Stylo (white & silver) for racing stripe, mickey, swirls.
It took several coats and the art stylo white cracked. I had to re-cover with French Manicure white nail polish by *Orly.
3. Nubar Nail Art silver glitter accent on the swirls.
4. Multiple coats (3-4) of Ghoulish Glow by OPI* (this makes them black light reactive and glow in the dark).
If you don't put a lot of thin coats of the glow it will not react brightly - Frozen one reacts to black-light but some features are very faint in a dark room.
I put hidden dots and swirls on the "frozen" theme band and made the entire racing stripe glow.
For the top coats I chose a sparkly iridescent polish instead of clear.
5. Top coat on Frozen was Sally Hansen Diamond Strength #120 Diamonds
6. Top coat on Racing theme was Sally Hansen Diamond Strength #120 Diamonds on the white and Pure Ice "in the mood" for blue
7. Used a ultra fine sharpie to put checkered flag detail and mickey outline on racing band (I read that the sharpies smudge/run if you put top coat over them so I did this step last).

Hopefully they will hold up. The kids LOVE the black light effects. They were even hiding in a dark closet with them to see them glow :)

I was on the magic your band site last night and love the customization option. We will be celebrating our 10 yr anniversary and want to decorate our bands for it. What ideas can you give me for my husbands band?

I would love to see pics of the finished magic your band bands.

Finished the kids' bands. I have a huge supply of nail art in the house. Most of the inexpensive things came from Walmart. (* denotes Salon supply store)

It took several coats and the art stylo white cracked. I had to re-cover with French Manicure white nail polish by *Orly.
4. Multiple coats (3-4) of Ghoulish Glow by OPI* (this makes them black light reactive and glow in the dark).
If you don't put a lot of thin coats of the glow it will not react brightly - Frozen one reacts to black-light but some features are very faint in a dark room.
I put hidden dots and swirls on the "frozen" theme band and made the entire racing stripe glow.
6. Top coat on Racing theme was Sally Hansen Diamond Strength #120 Diamonds on the white and Pure Ice "in the mood" for blue
7. Used a ultra fine sharpie to put checkered flag detail and mickey outline on racing band (I read that the sharpies smudge/run if you put top coat over them so I did this step last).

Hopefully they will hold up. The kids LOVE the black light effects. They were even hiding in a dark closet with them to see them glow :)

Thank you...very good tips! I love the idea of glow in dark polish!

Ok, I'm getting ready to decorate our magic bands and was just curious about a couple of things.

Do stickers work on them or just temp tattoos? I'm having a hard time finding Star Wars tattoos.

Both my daughters have pink bands and one wants Snow White and the other Anna and Elsa. Would it be better to pain the bands white before applying the tattoos?

You can buy tattoo paper on Amazon and make your own tattoos. I have never used stickers so I can't say if they would work or not. Painting the bands white before applying the tattoo makes it stand out more. They will show up on the pink bands, but it is more faded and the pink shows through. DS4 wanted Dusty, so I used a blue band and just painted "clouds" where the tattoos were going to be

how would I search it? For example if I wanted the haunted mansion, would I google haunted mansion banner size?
Yes. I would google like this:

"haunted mansion" "banner" and then after the search- click images (at the top of the search results.)

Then when you see something you like, you can right click, save as, then upload!

For instance this is what I found:
the-haunted-mansion-5446717b55336.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter