Harambe Nights

It was a TOTALLY different show than Festival of the Lion King-dancers,singers,celebrity narrator,etc.-the show was written just for Harambe Nights.:)

Thanks! Then we would definitely go if they are offering Harambe Nights during our next visit! The one time we got to experience evening extra magic hours at AK several years ago, we had a BLAST! Such a beautiful park after dark.

Since AK is scheduled to close at 5pm on most Saturdays this summer, I'm guessing it's coming back. I'd expect an announcement soon.

Since AK is scheduled to close at 5pm on most Saturdays this summer, I'm guessing it's coming back. I'd expect an announcement soon.
Even though Disney has listed closing at 5:00 PM,I still wouldn't be surprised if that time is just for Africa like last year and the rest of DAK will close at 7:00 PM again this year on Harambe Night nights.

What is really interesting is that they are listing the 5:00 Pm Saturday closing all the way to the first part of October-that would be QUITE an extension for HN!:)

Any news yet??? I have 2 saturdays to try for June 27 & July 4 - but of course I
doubt they'd do a July 4th night. Which means I'd only have one Saturday...which means I'd have to switch around ADR's & fast passes! Because even though Disney wants me to have my nights planned out with FP & dining...They haven't announced a major deal changer! lol . I feel like I'm just waiting & waiting......:bored::bored:

AK is our favorite park so I know I'd switch whatever I needed to switch in order to attend

Nothing yet. I'm slightly worried that it was a one time thing. It was held to celebrate the opening of the new theater. Without that not sure they'll have a reason to do it again. I hope I'm wrong

Nothing yet. I'm slightly worried that it was a one time thing. It was held to celebrate the opening of the new theater. Without that not sure they'll have a reason to do it again. I hope I'm wrong
I think it is going to happen.:)

Reports are they have already scheduled Tusker House's hours "around" it.:)

Agreed Angi - With the Lion King show itself back - although I know the show at HN was different...

Does anyone know WHEN they announced last year? - EDIT - Just found it May 2nd....so if we're going to hear I think it might be this week???

Out of curiosity I want back to see when I bought the tickets last year. I bought them on 5/2. It had been announced for several days before the tickets went on sale but I can't recall exactly how many days. So if they are having it I would expect word at any moment.

Actually, it was in celebration of the 20th anniversary of the Lion King movie.

But they can always come up with a different "Theme" even just a plain ole "Harambe Street Party".:)

Also,with Harambe Marketplace opening soon,there would be a new area to "show off".

Ah, very good. I had forgotten that. I knew it was in celebration of something Lion King and just assumed it was the new theater.

But they can always come up with a different "Theme" even just a plain ole "Harambe Street Party".:)

Also,with Harambe Marketplace opening soon,there would be a new area to "show off".
True. We really enjoyed the event last year and would most likely do it again if they offered it (assuming they don't jack the price up).

This sounds absolutely incredible! I really hope they bring this back and more often!

I loved it! It made such an impression on me that I am trying to replicate the theme for our annual diner and auction we do for my daughters school. Wish me luck!!!

What fun!!!! I organized & ran a half dozen silent auction/dinners for my kids schools - it is SO much work! good luck - I think the theme sounds wonderful

I had the impression that it was a one time event to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the Lion King and the opening of the new theater. We went to the first one offered. It was one of the most fun evenings I've had at Disney. We stayed until the very end and were among the last people to go. The Cast Members lined up across the bridge to tell us good night. The food was varied and delicious. There were so many food stations set up that there were no lines. Plus unlike other ticketed events they limited the number of tickets sold so it didn't feel at all crowded. After we went back to Kidani we closed the bar there too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter