Happy Hour!!! Universal Happy Hour Information

Just back from our last Mardi Gras concert of the year and while we normally only drink at the Backwater Bar in Islands of Adventure or Finnegan's Pub in Universal Studios, I think most of the Happy Hour specials apply in all the bars. In addition to beer, there are specials on mixed drinks, but typically only those made with well liquors. Can't remember prices but the ones in the initial post of this thread look like they're still fairly accurate. At Backwater, they also have sangria for $2.75 during Happy Hour. It is very refreshing on a hot day.

Thanks for that info :thumbsup2. Now I just hope happy hour sticks around after HP opens.

Be sure to check out the very first posting in this thread. It has most of the info you need and I keep it up to date as we get new information.

Cheers!!

Just went last Friday June 4. We unexpectedly got into Harry Potter area and the Hogshead pub!!! We were planning on getting to the park early and going on Pteradon Fliers. We were wondering why so many people were walking so fast by Dr Suess area. We got up to the bridge and a cast member say JP this way - Harry Potter that way. We were shocked!! We didn't even know it would be open. Anyway - after running to the ride and doing that we walked into the Hogshead and a had a few butterbeers (and regular beer too). As it is a soft opening and they closed at around noon there was no happy hour. I forgot to ask the bartender if they would have happy hour but I really doubt they will have one.

If anyone else has Hogshead happy hour news please post.

Anyway - after running to the ride and doing that we walked into the Hogshead and a had a few butterbeers (and regular beer too).
If anyone else has Hogshead happy news please post.

Do they have an alcoholic version of the butterbeer? Any other HP drinks … like Fire Whisky? I’m so excited for WWOHP!:banana:

Do they have an alcoholic version of the butterbeer? Any other HP drinks … like Fire Whisky? I’m so excited for WWOHP!:banana:
nope they are not allowed to put alcohol in the butterbeer

but i have read some people who have ordered a shot of something and put it in the butterbeer themselves

also i read they plan on adding firewhisky pending rowling approval

As far as I know there is normal happy hour times in parks even with the HP opening. We were there two weeks ago but didn't stay long enough for happy hour. Does anyone have any updates?

Good to see this thread still going I'll be there late August so in the spirit of yhis thread I'll do some research:goodvibes

As far as I know there is normal happy hour times in parks even with the HP opening. We were there two weeks ago but didn't stay long enough for happy hour. Does anyone have any updates?

Backwater Bar still has its Happy Hour sign out, and I took advantage of Finnigans last weekend.

The outside bar at Margaritaville has some kind of specials from 3 -5 I noticed. Of course, I can't remember now specifically what.

Last week Backwater bar had an extended happy hour to 7pm. Can anyone confirm that it is still to 7? Also, is Finnegan's happy hour extended?

Also, Alcatraz was open and they had the normal happy hour time.

I will update the first posting.

Hi all,

We arrive on 8/6 & will be happy to report back anything we find out. Question, why does the first post say

- Buy the refillable glass if you are thirsty before happy hour because you don't get happy hour prices when you first purchase it.-

I am sure the answer is obvious, but I am totally missing the point. Also, is it good for 1 day or multiple days/trips?

Thanks!

...With this heat, I am sure some of you recent travelers have taken advantage of some happy hour specials!! Please share your favorites!!

We will be down there in a few weeks and will have teenagers with us....so we will need the occasional cocktail!!!!!!

... why does the first post say

- Buy the refillable glass if you are thirsty before happy hour because you don't get happy hour prices when you first purchase it.-

I am sure the answer is obvious, but I am totally missing the point. Also, is it good for 1 day or multiple days/trips?

Thanks!

It just means that you do not get the happy hour price when you buy the glass. So, if you are holding off your first drink until happy hour there is no reason to wait. I'll try to clarify the first posting.
Also, yes, the glass can be used multiple days. We have had ours for years!!

I think the prices have gone up from what is shown on the the first page. Can anyone post a price update? I think bud-type beer is now $4.50 during HH.

You guys are the best!

Question: What's the cost of refilling the Pilsners? Do the refill prices vary depending on if it's HH or not? Can they be refilled anywhere- inc. carts? What's the advantage of buying the Pilsners?

What are the non HH beer prices w/out mug?

Thanks!

It just means that you do not get the happy hour price when you buy the glass. So, if you are holding off your first drink until happy hour there is no reason to wait. I'll try to clarify the first posting.
Also, yes, the glass can be used multiple days. We have had ours for years!!

Thanks!

Y

Question: What's the cost of refilling the Pilsners? Do the refill prices vary depending on if it's HH or not? Can they be refilled anywhere- inc. carts? What's the advantage of buying the Pilsners?

What are the non HH beer prices w/out mug?

Thanks!
The cost to refill is the same is without the pilser. The advantage of the pilser is the extra 4oz and the elite status it represents :rotfl:. The disadvantage is you have to lug around a plastic mug all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter