• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Happy Hour!!! Universal Happy Hour Information

Glad I 'stumbled' upon this thread also, before we went...we used those pilsners all 5 days we hit the parks (They would fit great in my wife's backpack)...

Interesting story...when we first purchased them near the Jaws ride, they gave us the HHN lighted mug at first, I questioned that it was not a 'bonus' pilsner that I had heard about, but the server insisted that this was the correct one (We were actually there during the daytime, so I thought it strange that they were selling souvenir HHN mugs then)...we later (next day) figured out this was not the 24 oz variety and went to the service office at Universal to check...the young man there was very helpful, walked with us all the way to the nearest bar that had the pilsners, and they allowed us to swap them....I was very impressed with this level of customer service !!

David:cool1:

Anyone have any updates? We may go this weekend and I try to update. Although Marti Gras is coming so it will probably change at that time.

I knew about the refillable soft drinks cups/bottles - but there's a beer one too? :faint:

Ssssh!!! Don't tell my DH! :drinking1 :rotfl2:

I knew about the refillable soft drinks cups/bottles - but there's a beer one too? :faint:

Ssssh!!! Don't tell my DH! :drinking1 :rotfl2:

oh yes - there are

Shouting out: "TINK'S DH!!! They have refillable beer pilsners at Universal!!!"

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I did not know about this, but on our first day in the parks, a very nice lady at a beer cart told us about the happy hours and the refills and we bought a pair of the glasses. We got fairly toasty our first night and spent the evening pretending we were British (and overly dramatic). Good times!

Shouting out: "TINK'S DH!!! They have refillable beer pilsners at Universal!!!"

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Gee thanks! :lmao:

And here was I thinking us redheads all stuck together! :rolleyes:

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

I'm sure my DH will be just thrilled with this though - after all, he'll need a nice cold refreshing beverage or two to help keep him cool in the Florida heat! :p

Here is a recap of the Happy Hour info from a previous post that strayed off-topic. Let's keep this a Happy Hour only post.

IOA:
Watering hole: 3-5
Backwater Bar: 4-6
Alchemy Bar (closed - or rather demolished - due to HP construction)

US:
Finnegans: 4-6
LaBamba: 4-6
Alcatraz: 3-5 (closed seasonally)

Parks: beer is bud and bud light for 3.25 and import drafts (ie Heineken for 4.25)
I think well drinks are included at some locations as well as Sangia at Backwater Bar.

CityWalk:
NBA City it's 4-7 (1/2 price Miller Lite, Coors Lite, and Yeungling as well as daily specials on either Well Drinks or Margaritas) They had 2-for-1 Miller Lite, Coors Lite, or Yuengling (16 oz).

Times can vary depending on the season.

Tips:
- Buy a refillable mug ($7-$8?) and you get an extra 4oz for the same price for all refiills. That's 24oz!!
- Buy the refillable mug if you are thirsy before happy hour because you don't get happy hour prices when you first purchase it.

Univeral News Releases sometime have new info regarding happy hours:
http://media.universalorlando.com/newsreleases/index.aspx

Do any of these places have a problem with you going in with children? Are they strictly bars or restaurant/bar?

http://orlandocoupons.com/

go to that site and click on entertainment.

you will see a section that is to print out coupons.
you can get 2 for 1 cps for beer in a few places in city walk

when you do that, this will appear:

Nightlife Coupon

Offer: 20% Discount on Food OR 2 for 1 Drink Coupon (2 for 1 sodas, domestic drafts, house wine, and well brands.)

Restrictions: One offer per coupon, per person, per visit. Present to server before ordering & please add gratuity before discount. Not Valid for take out orders and domestic draft where available. Not valid with other offers, coupons, discounts, or promotions, or separately ticketed concerts and special events. Merchandise not included. Restrictions apply and benefits subject to change without notice.

Description: Present this coupon at Red Coconut ClubSM, Pat O’Brien’s®, Latin Quarter™, Rising Star®, PastaMore,SM Bob Marley's A Tribute to Freedom SMor the groove SMand enjoy 2 for 1 sodas, domestic drafts, house wine, and well brands
Valid through 12/31/2009

Click here to Print Coupon

Do any of these places have a problem with you going in with children? Are they strictly bars or restaurant/bar?

the ones in city walk are restaurants. families welcomed there.

finnegans and the other restaurants in the parks are for families also.
at finnegans, 21 and over only to sit at the bar.

under age, sit at a table.

I've got Dh's packed in the suitcase (along w/my Spongbob refillable souvenir mug). We are ready to go. 10 more days...

Maybe this is wishful thinking but.......do I understand this correctly in that if I have a refillable mug I can get beer in it where ever they sell beer? Also if so what is the price for that?

Maybe this is wishful thinking but.......do I understand this correctly in that if I have a refillable mug I can get beer in it where ever they sell beer? Also if so what is the price for that?

No mugs for beers but they do sell refillable pilsner but can't remeber how much they are but the refills are $5.50

12.gif

Oh man, I love that little guy--he's so cute.:goodvibes

I updated the first page.

The big news is La Bamba seems to be permanently closed. Sad news for Happy Hour lovers.

I also added the full price bud-type price ($5.50) and found some typos.

Cheers!!

that place has been closed the last 3 years in october when i have gone for hhn......

rats.......i loved that place!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter