Happy Birthday to Joe, May 2011. . Trip Report Link

Too funny Judy! I have just been nutty with all sort of non-Disney things plus a head cold which is frankly leaving me very crabby. Poor Katie. I nearly lost it when I saw what a flaming disaster her room is and told her that I just can't even bear to be in her room to read to her. I feel bad...but am all calm now and she is asleep. and seeing her room would set my blood boiling again. sigh. i hate being crabby.

I am just catching up on everyone's PTR's and TR's instead of updating my own. its just calming to immerse myself in Disney for a little while. :cloud9:

Oh My Gosh! Finally caught up! Your shirts look amazing! We're still deciding how to finish off our Plane tees and if I get to make a "Eugene Fitzherbert's Frying Pans" shirt in time for the Meet and Greet.

I think, think, think that I have the packing done for myself. I really do. I must stop packing. I even TSA'd my liquids. Now let's hope that they're serious that I get a carry on (knapsack), purse (baby knapsack) and camera bag (camera bag :D) or I am SCREWED.

Oh My Gosh! Finally caught up! Your shirts look amazing! We're still deciding how to finish off our Plane tees and if I get to make a "Eugene Fitzherbert's Frying Pans" shirt in time for the Meet and Greet.

I think, think, think that I have the packing done for myself. I really do. I must stop packing. I even TSA'd my liquids. Now let's hope that they're serious that I get a carry on (knapsack), purse (baby knapsack) and camera bag (camera bag :D) or I am SCREWED.

I'm going to have to google that one....

What airline are you flying? I've heard that most airlines are really coming down hard on the 1 personal items, 1 carry on deal. What I do is carry a HUGE purse that leaves me walking like a hunchback through the airport, but it meets the criteria of a "personal item" and will hold the laptop along with all of our travel stuff and snack, etc. I make Joe and Katie also carry a "personal item" and a carry on. I am debating whether we will have to use one or two checked pieces (at $20 each/one direction I'm hoping for one!) I am thinking that we can fit a LOT of stuff in our carry ons.

I went online & checked out the carry on size restrictions and matched it to the dimensions of our luggage that were on the tag. All but one piece will fit as carry on so that's what we're going with.

This is what it says on the TSA:
You may carry one (1) bag of photographic equipment in addition to one (1) carry-on and one (1) personal item through the screening checkpoint. The additional bag must conform to your air carrier's carry-on restrictions for size and weight. Please confirm your air carrier's restrictions prior to arriving at the airport.

But Delta reads:
Our goal is to provide you with a comfortable and seamless travel experience. To improve onboard efficiency, we ask that you follow our carry-on baggage policy as outlined below.
You may carry on one bag and one personal item at no charge. Please note that all items must easily fit into the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you.
Approved Personal Carry-on Items
1 purse, briefcase, camera bag, or diaper bag;
or 1 laptop computer (computers cannot be checked and must be carried on);
or 1 item of a similar or smaller size to those listed above.

So I guess my purse and camera bag will go into a big purse all together and we'll all survive!

Subscribing – we’ll be there at the same time but doesn’t look like there is much overlap in our plans.

Subscribing – we’ll be there at the same time but doesn’t look like there is much overlap in our plans.
Welcome!! I just opened your TR in another window, will have to take a peek at your plans!:welcome:

OH geez I am SUCH a dork!:upsidedow :rotfl:I DID just google Eugene Fizherbert....DUH I have lost how many times I have watched Tangled already but it just went right over my head!:scratchin.

Can't wait to see how they come out, I will have to pop over to your PTR To see if you posted pics.

WOW I Can’t believe that this time next month we will be almost finished with our DisneyWorld Vacation.:goodvibes We are 22 days out and SO EXCITED! :banana::banana:
Every night for the past week I have been saying “This time next month we will be at XXXX”.. We try to eat together as a family every night, and that is usually when I share the Disney tidbit of the day (we are all so corny and excited!) so I just laughed when DH beat me to it by asking last night at dinner where we would be next month. RAGLAN ROAD was the answer!!! Tonight the answer will be Kouzzina Cafe by Cat Cora I am SO excited to here. This looks so yummy and even if I can’t convince to stroll the Boardwalk before Friday, I know that I will get him to do this night.

I have been so busy at work and doing things that require a lot more concentration:surfweb:, so no DISing on the job. Pooh.:headache: So I am behind in reading and behind in updating. I never even showed you all our Mickey Mail that came last Thursday
5624361491_80be7788bc.jpg

The new luggage tags are really nice...I just love :love::love:the colors and the newer design. Very playful!

So, here’s what’s new …..

I printed out all the last pieces for my binder. I didn’t take new pictures – the look has not changed, I just added more things. Here’s what’s in my binder:
  • - My daily schedule print-outs with confirmation numbers, notes, not to be missed rides at each park, park hours, parade and fireworks times for each park, etc.
  • - Daily schedule print outs from DreamsUnlimited –this is much of the same basic info in my schedule but also some great descriptions of the park attractions and a few things that I didn’t have on my list. I printed out all of this single sided so that way I can journal notes on the back of the pages at night.
  • - Touring plans suggestions for parks with 5-6 daily crowd level. There are a few days that we are there where we will be at this level so I thought it would be helpful to review
  • - A map of running/walking paths and some helpful tips for running at WDW that I found here on the Dis. DH plans on running….he says every day but I see it happening less than that since I really want to experience rope drop at every park one time. ;-)
  • - Several list of helpful tips from DU. I used a TA for the first time and was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to customize everything for my trip but not the hassle of waiting on hold myself. LOVE IT! And my TA Jen is so very fun to chat with ….we have a lot in common & totally connected.
  • o I did NOT know that there is no gum to be found on Disney property. I remember looking unsuccessfully but didn’t realize it was intentional. I had planned on packing some anyway (for flying & it helps me a bit with motion sickness) but now I will just plan to pack more ;-)
  • - Park maps
  • - Dining plan restaurants
  • - Our “rating” of counter service spots for making better food choices
  • - Transportation Help --- Ferry colors & locations, monorail stops, where it makes sense to use a walking path. We just love being at the Wilderness lodge because we can use the ferries so much. :cloud9: It’s so relaxing even for a little while.
  • - I made “Mickey pockets”::MickeyMo to hold my tip envelopes, loose information, photo pass & coupon books. I took big manila envelopes, traced a half Mickey head (like they do on the corner of the screen of the Disney channel) and then cut it out & punched holes in one side. Voila! A pocket for holding Mickey stuff!

I started packing in earnest!
I printed out my packing list and am crossing of items as I put them in the big suit case. I actually have all of our luggage & stuff on the twin size bed in the office/art/disaster room. At this point I am sort of putting everything in the big bag and then will rearrange it once I have the majority of stuff in there. My clothes are the easiest to pack. This weekend I will make Katie try on the shorts in her drawer upstairs so I know what fits her. Joe, well, sigh….I will pack some of his stuff but he needs to pick out the Hawaiian shirts he wants. He is Mr. Hawaiian (when he’s not Mr. Incredible) so if he’s not wearing one of our home made matching tee’s at WDW, he’ll likely be in a Hawaiian print. Can’t wait to see him in the Charlie Sheen shirt I bought for him. :lmao:

I’ve pretty much decided not to take the Good Friday holiday at work and save it to take a day to pack and clean in early May when Joe is at work& Katie is at school. I can get SO MUCH done when I am home by myself. (They will both be home Friday so it’s a good day to be at work!:rotfl:)

Up next…Opinions Please!!!

OH geez I am SUCH a dork!:upsidedow :rotfl:I DID just google Eugene Fizherbert....DUH I have lost how many times I have watched Tangled already but it just went right over my head!:scratchin.

Can't wait to see how they come out, I will have to pop over to your PTR To see if you posted pics.

I think we're going to get it done at the local T-Shirt print shop. I have to get on it in the next few days so we can do it when we do Tux's shirt (which is based around ones the girls already have).

So there are few things that I am sort of on the fence for and would just love some feedback from my Dis Friends

Wilderness Lodge, Roaring Forks:

Does anyone who’s been there lately remember if they still have individual tubs of peanut butter in the “fix your own” area? In ’09 they had things like jelly packets, cream cheese, peanut butter, etc, right with the sugar packs and the napkins, so that you could buy bread or a bagel in the snack bar & then put stuff on it. If not, it’s something I’ll have to add to my list.

Groceries:

We have the DDP, so we have a TS reservation every day, usually dinner & will do CS for lunch. IN the past I’ve packed shelf stable things like nutrigrain bars for breakfast, mixed in with odds and ends from the Roaring Forks. We have made lots of effort to eat better now, so we will want to have handy food like non-fat yogurt, fresh fruit (bananas, grapes, oranges), baby carrots, maybe some other easily transported veggies like peppers, 90 calorie flat breads or bagel flats, along with bottled water. I will also want to purchase one or two bottles of wine for balcony consumption! If I went to the grocery store here, I’d probably end up paying about $40-$50 for what I want. I have read lots about garden grocer & we go shop but truthfully still can’t figure which is better. I emailed question to the garden grocer site and really I felt as if they barely read my questions because they didn’t answer them completely. We are not renting a car at all, so driving off site to do our own shopping is out of the questions. I suppose if push came to shove I could pack pretty much all of that except yogurt in our suitcase & just hope it doesn’t get totally squashed. Then I’d order water & wine online for delivery to the hotel.

So, which service is better? Is there another? Do I need to tell them where to go shopping or will they just go to the best place around? Can I give them a list like I put above, using preferred brands for yogurt, and trust that they’ll get the stuff I ask for? Or do I try to cram that in a suitcase, and then we’ll have “empty space” for souvenirs on the trip home? Can you take food like that on a carry on???

Waterparks and more / Disney Quest

I was just reading up on the DisneyQuest at Downtown Disney. Do the games inside cost additional money aside from the admission? Some of the things look totally cool but that’s a pretty steep admission fee. How hot and/or rainy is it in May? From what I read it’s a pretty good weather month. Not cold, not sickeningly hot, not overly rainy. If those are all accurate, then I can’t see me wanting to spend more $ to be indoor playing a what seems to be a big arcade, however if it is really hot or way rainy then maybe we would want to do it on our DTD day. Thoughts??

Photos for PTRs

I have been using Flickr to store photos to post on the DisBoards. I see that a lot of folks use photobucket. I have used my max free photo storage, and haven’t even been to WDW yet this year, so I am wondering if I should switch to photo bucket, pay $25 to Upgrade flickr or use something else. I created a photobucket account when I started my PTR but understood that basically whatever you upload to photobucket is public no matter what. I mark my photos available ot friends & family not the general public on flickr Its something that DH is rather insistent on if I am putting pics online, I should have some control over who sees them. ( I know anyone can see my DIS posts but none of you folks are crazy, right?:laughing: )

So, what is your photo hosting source & do you pay for it?

I seem to think there was something else I was going to ask about but…

Oh! Outdoor movies – where can I see the schedule for May? Is it up yet? I really am hoping to have an evening at Ft Wilderness watching a movie. But I’d have to do some shifting so I’d love to see a schedule ahead of time.

Thanks Gang!!:hug:

Love your tie dyed shirts!:hippie:

Love the new luggage tags. I'm just doing a room only so no luggage tags for us.

I have used garden grocer several times. They have a $40 minimum and then I think a $12 delivery charge. I would easily come to $40 with snacks, water and sunscreen (then I don't have to worry about it in my suitcase). I never ordered any alcohol from them but have heard it can be done in the notes field and then you have to send them a copy of your ID. They have all their products on their site and I liked that I could just order from their list and knew how much things would cost. I think food is cheaper in FL than MA because folks complain about how expensive garden grocer is but I didn't find it much more than home and far cheaper than Disney. They will leave your order with bell services. Bell services has a full size fridge to keep cold thing cold. I've always been satisfied with their service.

we go shop doesn't have a "list" you make your own list of brands and sizes you want and can even tell them where to shop (not that I would know where to say to go). They give you the receipts and you pay exactly what they did for the items and then pay a service fee that varies with how much you spend. Folks on the Dis seem to be very happy with the more personalized service they get from them.

The last few trips I've taken I have been using a town car instead of ME and they will stop and do a grocery stop.

I've been going to Disney for my bday (5/6) since 2006. This year I am going a bit late (5/11) due to a work conflict with a travel companion. I also went to Disney for my DD's bday on 5/22 in 2006 (2 trips in one month was awesome!). Disney can be HOT in May. I've gone in July/August 6 times and the hottest day ever at Disney was 5/23/06-something like 103.:eek: In 2009 we had a cold spring here in MA and it was in the high 90's in Orlando. I was actually sick to my stomach one day due to the heat. It was hotter in May that year than it was when we went as a family in August. I did however learn on that trip to not let myself get too hot. There are so many places to cool off at Disney you just got to be sure to take advantage of them. So if I feel like I'm starting to get too hot I know it is time to do an A/C show or do an indoor ride. Of the 40 or so days I've done at Disney in May I can only remember 1 night when I needed anything more than a T-shirt.

Sorry work is so crazy for you. Things are crazy here too. I can't wait for my escape from reality!!!

So there are few things that I am sort of on the fence for and would just love some feedback from my Dis Friends

Waterparks and more / Disney Quest

I was just reading up on the DisneyQuest at Downtown Disney. Do the games inside cost additional money aside from the admission? Some of the things look totally cool but that’s a pretty steep admission fee. How hot and/or rainy is it in May? From what I read it’s a pretty good weather month. Not cold, not sickeningly hot, not overly rainy. If those are all accurate, then I can’t see me wanting to spend more $ to be indoor playing a what seems to be a big arcade, however if it is really hot or way rainy then maybe we would want to do it on our DTD day. Thoughts??

We went to DQ last year on our first night. I really wish we had spent more time there - it was an absolute BLAST! The games were INCLUDED in the admission price. We only had to pay for things like Cyberspace Mountain video and souvenirs from the gift shop. They had a MASSIVE selection of games for the whole family - some did have height requirements, but DS loved playing Dig Dug while waiting for DD and DH. The only negative I have about the place is that its a bit overwhelming. There are sooo many games!!!! I think a visit to DQ would be perfect for a rainy day - or a day when you're just not up for the parks. :thumbsup2

Happy Birthday Joe I hope you have a magical day in WDW on your bday. Have a great one.. I love German Shepards yours is beatiful!! Your little girl is adorible ..:cutie:

Sorry I don't have any answers to your questions.

DH and I did DQ back in 2002 and I thought it was boring. We didn't spend any other money than admission though and maybe it is better now. I was going to give it another try last year since we had the wp and more option but once again Caitlin didn't really meet any of the height requirements.

I really want to see a movie on the beach or go over to FW to see the campfire. Let me know if you find the schedule for May anywhere.

I am looking foward to being able to take the boats to MK. DD and DH don't love MK but since we are so close it will be easy for me to pop over while they are swimming or for evening EMH. I am so excited:banana:

So, what is your photo hosting source & do you pay for it?

At work I use Flickr pro and I'm really impressed by it. I'm not 100% sure what we'll use for our PTR but 2 of us already have me.com accounts which is a private hosting/gallery site owned and operated by Apple.com. We also have a Moonies Flickr as well as our own personal ones.

I've used Photobucket but I'm with Joe, I'm not a fan of the privacy (and the bandwidth thing that always comes up)

I just love the DISboards. I love people who are just as willing as me to offer a nickel's worth of advice for two cents:lmao:

Love your tie dyed shirts!:hippie:

Love the new luggage tags. I'm just doing a room only so no luggage tags for us.
Thanks I am looking forward to wearing the tie dyes. the other night I even experimented doing a bleach out on a shirt that I love for the shape and fit, but it was stained so I figured what the heck, right? it came out cool looking.
I have used garden grocer several times. They have a $40 minimum and then I think a $12 delivery charge. I would easily come to $40 with snacks, water and sunscreen (then I don't have to worry about it in my suitcase). I never ordered any alcohol from them but have heard it can be done in the notes field and then you have to send them a copy of your ID. They have all their products on their site and I liked that I could just order from their list and knew how much things would cost. I think food is cheaper in FL than MA because folks complain about how expensive garden grocer is but I didn't find it much more than home and far cheaper than Disney. They will leave your order with bell services. Bell services has a full size fridge to keep cold thing cold. I've always been satisfied with their service.

we go shop doesn't have a "list" you make your own list of brands and sizes you want and can even tell them where to shop (not that I would know where to say to go). They give you the receipts and you pay exactly what they did for the items and then pay a service fee that varies with how much you spend. Folks on the Dis seem to be very happy with the more personalized service they get from them.

The last few trips I've taken I have been using a town car instead of ME and they will stop and do a grocery stop.
thanks for your info! Garden grocer seems easier since I don't know the grocery stores in FL but this is definitely new territory for me. I barely trust my DH with a grocery list....:rotfl: its hard to trust a stranger!

I've been going to Disney for my bday (5/6) since 2006. This year I am going a bit late (5/11) due to a work conflict with a travel companion. I also went to Disney for my DD's bday on 5/22 in 2006 (2 trips in one month was awesome!). Disney can be HOT in May. I've gone in July/August 6 times and the hottest day ever at Disney was 5/23/06-something like 103.:eek: In 2009 we had a cold spring here in MA and it was in the high 90's in Orlando. I was actually sick to my stomach one day due to the heat. It was hotter in May that year than it was when we went as a family in August. I did however learn on that trip to not let myself get too hot. There are so many places to cool off at Disney you just got to be sure to take advantage of them. So if I feel like I'm starting to get too hot I know it is time to do an A/C show or do an indoor ride. Of the 40 or so days I've done at Disney in May I can only remember 1 night when I needed anything more than a T-shirt.

Sorry work is so crazy for you. Things are crazy here too. I can't wait for my escape from reality!!!
YOW:scared1: I had no idea it could get that hot, thanks for the warning!
We've only gone in January before so mid 80's was the warmest we had it.

Yeah, I am really counting the days. work is getting nutty with yet another person giving notice...we have more openings than staff at this point. :eek:

We went to DQ last year on our first night. I really wish we had spent more time there - it was an absolute BLAST! The games were INCLUDED in the admission price. We only had to pay for things like Cyberspace Mountain video and souvenirs from the gift shop. They had a MASSIVE selection of games for the whole family - some did have height requirements, but DS loved playing Dig Dug while waiting for DD and DH. The only negative I have about the place is that its a bit overwhelming. There are sooo many games!!!! I think a visit to DQ would be perfect for a rainy day - or a day when you're just not up for the parks. :thumbsup2

Does it get crowded? Are you video game people normally? We probably use our Wii once a month and barely at all in the summer.

Happy Birthday Joe I hope you have a magical day in WDW on your bday. Have a great one.. I love German Shepards yours is beatiful!! Your little girl is adorible ..:cutie:
Thanks!

What one is Joe?
:goodvibes:lmao: Joe is my hubby. he's the tall handsome guy... not the overly furry one :rotfl:

Sorry I don't have any answers to your questions.

DH and I did DQ back in 2002 and I thought it was boring. We didn't spend any other money than admission though and maybe it is better now. I was going to give it another try last year since we had the wp and more option but once again Caitlin didn't really meet any of the height requirements.

I really want to see a movie on the beach or go over to FW to see the campfire. Let me know if you find the schedule for May anywhere.

I am looking foward to being able to take the boats to MK. DD and DH don't love MK but since we are so close it will be easy for me to pop over while they are swimming or for evening EMH. I am so excited:banana:

I had a link somewhere that had movies listed but of course that was some time in March so they only listed a week or so. i will find it again and post it, though I don't think it was on the Dis. it may have been on allears.

At work I use Flickr pro and I'm really impressed by it. I'm not 100% sure what we'll use for our PTR but 2 of us already have me.com accounts which is a private hosting/gallery site owned and operated by Apple.com. We also have a Moonies Flickr as well as our own personal ones.

I've used Photobucket but I'm with Joe, I'm not a fan of the privacy (and the bandwidth thing that always comes up)

thanks!

My five cents worth of advice (which is really more like two cents)...My sons LOVE Disney Quest and there isn't any other fees (there MIGHT be one game that was extra...Christian isn't here to ask) however, I know they had far more to do than worry about paying for an additional attraction. I sent money for Christian and David to get lunch and they stayed ALL DAY...TWICE!!!

Love my photobucket account, as far as I know I have it ALL set to Private...but who knows....

Now I have to run, I have a lot to finish, just had to chime in. :laughing:

Hi Judy!! So glad you chimed in. Hope all is well, I have not made it over to your PTR in a few days. So much to do that I have been limiting my laptop time.

Good grief did I get behind!! Between no internet for more than a week and work being crazy I have had a hard time doing my own PTR much less keeping up on reading others!!

Your trip is getting so close!!! :banana::banana::banana:

I loved the tie-dye shirts! I *may* give that a try! I'll have to see how my schedule goes!!

I cannot answer your questions but I use Photobucket but plan to look for an alternative when I start my TR!

We are eating at Kouzzina's also and I am so excited! I too have plotted my plans to stroll the Boardwalk, see Ft Wilderness and maybe catch a movie, and so on! I have to be clever to get Keith to go along with new things!! :confused3

Good grief did I get behind!! Between no internet for more than a week and work being crazy I have had a hard time doing my own PTR much less keeping up on reading others!!

Your trip is getting so close!!! :banana::banana::banana:

I loved the tie-dye shirts! I *may* give that a try! I'll have to see how my schedule goes!!

I cannot answer your questions but I use Photobucket but plan to look for an alternative when I start my TR!

We are eating at Kouzzina's also and I am so excited! I too have plotted my plans to stroll the Boardwalk, see Ft Wilderness and maybe catch a movie, and so on! I have to be clever to get Keith to go along with new things!! :confused3

I know, i have been way behind in reading because I am trying to get things done at home, too.

I am posting the movie schedule link for Fort Wilderness & all of the other resorts. (sorry, its not a DIS link) http://www.buildabettermousetrip.com/activity-outdoormovie.php

Right now it has April's schedule but they post at the beginning of the month. This site has the schedules for all the resorts. YIPPEEE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter