Happy Birthday Bill – The 3 Day B'day Extravaganza *New 7/8 Now it's time to say bye*

YAY another chapter! :cheer2:

I actually think the sorbet looks better than the cheesecake.

I agree with Team weasel:thumbsup2 That's a great picture.

Prayers and good thoughts and pixiedust: for Bills surgery tomorrow and a speedy recovery.

You'll both be in my thoughts. :hug:

Looks like you had a great day in the MK. Your sorbet looks yummy not to mention Bill's cheesecake.

I hope everything is gonig well today...here is a little Pixie Dust!pixiedust:

Thanks everyone for the replies and the kind words for Bill.

He went into surgery about 3pm and the doctor came out to talk to us about 4:40pm. He did not put Bill's leg into a splint, he put a cast on it. He said since Bill's leg is so little anyway, even if it did swell a bit there shouldn't be a problem. He released some tendons, he reattached one and put a screw in to keep it in place right now. He let Bill come home which was a surprise.

While he was in surgery, Bill's mom and I took advantage of the walking paths the hospital had and we walked a mile and a half. We got home about 7:30, Bill's parents left about 8:30pm. Bill is sleeping thankfully.

Glad to hear that surgery went well. And wow!!! Home already! The dr's must really think he's doing well. Walking on the paths was a GREAT way to pass the time during his surgery. Not much you could do just sitting in the waiting room... Wishing Bill a very speedy recovery now. :cheer2:

I'm so glad everything went well. I've been thinking about you all day. Thanks for updating us all.

Thanks everyone for the replies and the kind words for Bill.

He went into surgery about 3pm and the doctor came out to talk to us about 4:40pm. He did not put Bill's leg into a splint, he put a cast on it. He said since Bill's leg is so little anyway, even if it did swell a bit there shouldn't be a problem. He released some tendons, he reattached one and put a screw in to keep it in place right now. He let Bill come home which was a surprise.

While he was in surgery, Bill's mom and I took advantage of the walking paths the hospital had and we walked a mile and a half. We got home about 7:30, Bill's parents left about 8:30pm. Bill is sleeping thankfully.

:hug: Give our love and prayers to Bill...and you too missy!

Get some rest...and hopefully, things will be easy-going!

Happy to hear things went so well...can't believe he's home already!!!

Continued prayers and good thoughts that he feels better soon! :)

Tracy - I'm so happy to hear that Bill's surgery went well. Glad he was able to come home sooner than you expected too. :yay:

Glad to hear things are going well...

get_well_soon_graphics_01.gif

Bill's parents were really touched when I told them about all of the thoughts and prayers coming Bill's way. He is feeling a lot better, he has not had any pain meds besides advil since 8:30 last night, and is currently up in his wheelchair online :rotfl:.

We were standing there on the porch at Tony’s watching all these people leave. A lady was trying to figure out where the Crystal Palace was and asked me if I knew. YAY!! I got to play park guide. It was fun.

Did we leave the park?? HECK NO, go people, leave, keep walking, it will probably rain all day, don’t stay here – insert evil laugh – it will make short lines for us :thumbsup2 . The rain let up, Bill didn’t even want the poncho. We were going to Adventureland. I had a mission to go by Aloha Isle and see if a CM was working. I read the “Love ya, Mean it” blog done by Delswife – Robin. It is hilarious, if you haven’t read any of her trip reports or her blog, I highly recommend it. Well, her husband Del works at Aloha Isle (or so I thought), I was going to see about getting a Delwhip aka Dole whip from him at some point in the day. It was not meant to be, I didn’t see him :confused3. I think he working in another part of the park now. I have to email her and see before we go in October. It would be great to meet her, she is a fantastic writer.

On the way over the bridge we saw Timon and Rafiki. Bill wanted a picture. As soon as we got in line, it started pouring again. Thank goodness we were under a roof.

d16dc15c.jpg

a5cbcf41.jpg

Bill got to meet the guys and we stood out of the way, the rain slowed a bit and Bill said to put the poncho on him and we could continue on. We decided to go see the Tiki Birds, I know Buzz said it was not worth seeing, but we were doing things we hadn’t done before.

We made our way over there watching more people look like they were leaving the park. We just smiled at each other and kept going. We just missed the start of a show and they let us in the waiting area. Wheelchair accessible location:

01c68b1b.jpg

We were right in front of the waterfall and the “fire” on the left was out, but we could smell the gas coming from it.

dfbb544c.jpg

Bill and I were joking about being blown up at the Tiki preshow and how that would be a good trip report installment if we lived through it (yes we are twisted, you should know that by now). A CM walked by and I told her we could smell it, she said they had called someone, but they hadn’t arrived yet. About 2 minutes later a maintenance guy shows up and does something really high tech to get the fire started. He used a portable blow torch :rotf: it flared right up, we were safe!!

We went in and watched the show. Bill and I kept looking at one another like “ are you seeing what I am seeing?” We didn’t regret going, but we won’t be back any time soon. We then went toward the Jungle Cruise, a CM from London was directing us to the right and then I saw the sign showing a wheelchair and pointing left. I said “shouldn’t we go in the wheelchair line”, he said “oh yeah, yes you should”. DUH! We walked up and the wheelchair boat was being unloaded and we were the only ones in that line, it was a walk on.

Here are wheelchair boat pics. I will be starting a thread on the Disabilities forum and putting all these accessible pictures from our trip:

3fc94e5f.jpg

d050b31b.jpg

f4b4c38a.jpg

Liz was our captain and she was really good.

c3887379.jpg

My pictures of the ride came out blurry so sorry, no Jungle cruise pics. Here is Bill coming off the boat. He is such a trooper in is poncho! Look at how soaked that one CM is.

e6594d87.jpg

In the past, we had skipped the Haunted Mansion for two reasons, I was worried about transferring him and I was worried about my weight, I was worried about fitting. Well I told Bill I thought we should go to the Haunted Mansion. His face lit up and said “are you sure?” I said “yes, this is your birthday trip and I want it to be a great time for you”. So we made our way over there.

f464a403.jpg

Wait time for the Haunted Mansion? 10 minutes!! We just kept walking through the queue to the wheelchair turn off. We waited for a hostess and followed her through the corridors. I transferred Bill and off we went on our haunted ride. We really liked this ride, I was surprised by the backwards part, lol. The hitchhiking ghost part was funny. Bill really had fun, I am glad I did it.

Next installment…Is it still raining? Is it time to leave?

It's great to hear that Bill's up and around, without too much pain, so soon after surgery. Maybe some of the thoughts, prayers and pixie dust pixiedust: are working for him??

. I read the “Love ya, Mean it” blog done by Delswife – Robin. It is hilarious, if you haven’t read any of her trip reports or her blog, I highly recommend it. Well, her husband Del works at Aloha Isle (or so I thought), I was going to see about getting a Delwhip aka Dole whip from him at some point in the day. It was not meant to be, I didn’t see him :confused3. I think he working in another part of the park now. I have to email her and see before we go in October. It would be great to meet her, she is a fantastic writer.[/FONT][/SIZE]
OK I must be missing a few years of Delswife stories because the last I knew she was delivering pizza in Maine...they moved to FL????

We went in and watched the show. Bill and I kept looking at one another like “ are you seeing what I am seeing?” We didn’t regret going, but we won’t be back any time soon.

When you go to Disneyland in California please see the Tiki Birds there. It's the original show and much better then MK's version.

We then went toward the Jungle Cruise, a CM from London was directing us to the right and then I saw the sign showing a wheelchair and pointing left. I said “shouldn’t we go in the wheelchair line”, he said “oh yeah, yes you should”. DUH!
He must have gone to training with your bus driver.

e6594d87.jpg

Bill needs custom made rain gear for him and his wheels...

Wait time for the Haunted Mansion? 10 minutes!! We just kept walking through the queue to the wheelchair turn off. We waited for a hostess and followed her through the corridors. I transferred Bill and off we went on our haunted ride. We really liked this ride, I was surprised by the backwards part, lol. The hitchhiking ghost part was funny. Bill really had fun, I am glad I did it.

Do you have to tranfer Bill while you are on the moving walk way? :scared1: I'm hoping that how the Imagineers built the accessible seats at Toy Story Midway Mania is how they will do it from now on with new rides.

I can't wait to see the improvements at the HM in October when we go.

Happy 4th of July Tracy and Bill !!

It's great to hear that Bill's up and around, without too much pain, so soon after surgery. Maybe some of the thoughts, prayers and pixie dust pixiedust: are working for him??

Thank you so much, he has only had 3 Advil today and has sat up in his chair for about 4 hours, he is such a trooper. I definately think the thoughts, prayers, and pixie dust helped. Thank you all again for being such wonderful people.

OK I must be missing a few years of Delswife stories because the last I knew she was delivering pizza in Maine...they moved to FL????

Yes, I didn't know it until recently. Google "delswife", from there you should be able to find her website, go there and there should be a link to her blog :thumbsup2.

When you go to Disneyland in California please see the Tiki Birds there. It's the original show and much better then MK's version.

I don't know if I will ever get Bill to Disneyland :confused3.

He must have gone to training with your bus driver.
I swear he looked like he had never seen a wheelchair before.

e6594d87.jpg

Bill needs custom made rain gear for him and his wheels...
I actually had the poncho on him a lot better than that picture, his "wild thing" arm was not happy about being covered up and started a revolt :rotfl:.

Do you have to tranfer Bill while you are on the moving walk way? :scared1:
No, they stop the walkway, which is why sometimes when you are on the ride it stops.

I'm hoping that how the Imagineers built the accessible seats at Toy Story Midway Mania is how they will do it from now on with new rides.

I think they will if there aren't any backwards, tipping etc on a ride, it has made going so much more fun since he can actually enjoy the rides.

I can't wait to see the improvements at the HM in October when we go.
I never saw it before so I don't have a clue what the improvements were :rotfl2:. I had a great time though.

Happy 4th of July Tracy and Bill !!

Happy 4th of July to you, your family, and everyone reading!!

Bill's parents were really touched when I told them about all of the thoughts and prayers coming Bill's way. He is feeling a lot better, he has not had any pain meds besides advil since 8:30 last night, and is currently up in his wheelchair online :rotfl:.

That is GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!:banana:

Tracy, So glad to hear that Bill did great with the surgery! :banana: Embarrased to admit that I completly forgot about it!:guilty: Give him a big hug from Ed!!! :hug:

I`m glad you stayed during the rain. We liked the Tiki Birds! it was cute, but then again it was pouring when we went in also..I think you stayed longer! popcorn::

Looks like a great afternoon in the Magic Kingdom even with the rain! We spent a morning at MK in the pouring rain once and had a blast. We were drenched but the park was empty and we made the best of it.

Glad to hear how well Bill is doing. I hope you both have a fabulous 4th of July!!

Glad Bill is doing well and not a ton of meds....:thumbsup2

God answers prayer for sure.

Glad you got to ride HM....

Yes, the Enchanted Tiki Room........I usually skip this attraction, but isn't good to see everything once just so you can give an opinion when someone asks?

Hope you're having a great 4th Tracy and Bill!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter