Happy Birthday Bill – The 3 Day B'day Extravaganza *New 7/8 Now it's time to say bye*

Last year, the CMs maneuvered BF's chair onto the rides---are they still doing that? I'd rather the CMs do it, I'm a terrible driver (don't tell anyone though!).
For the rides with a wheelchair car, the CMs will manouver a manual wheelchair onto the ride car if the guest in the wheelchair can't do it. Often, the other passengers need to enter the ride car first and the wheelchair is loaded last. So, the only person left to put it on is the CM. For the rare one where you would need to push it on, the CM will tell you just what to do.

For rides that don't have a wheelchair accessible car, the guest/companion needs to manouver the wheelchair. Some guests need the wheelchair almost touching the ride car, some will need it farther away, some want it parked right next to the ride car facing in the same direction, while some might want to park it at a 90 degree angle. Since the CMs don't know how each guest needs it placed for boarding, the guest needs to put it where they need it. After the guest has boarded, the CM will move it out of the way.

Loved these last few installments!

First...I loooove the Tiki Room. Call me crazy...I know...

2nd...don't you just love that Haunted Mansion? It's my new #2!

And loooooved those pics of you coming home!

But, it's not sad!

You'll be back...again...and again...and again...and again...;)

I hope you don't mind, I put a link to your thread in the disABILITIES FAQs thread. It's in the links in post #3 of that thread.

pssst... Tracy... it's me... Buzz....

Great report. Love the siggy. :hug:

Will see you soon (Oct).

~The Man~

I loved your TR! Star Wars weekends looks o much fun! :darth: :chewy: :ewok: :yoda: On my next trip to WDW I'm staying at Pop Century. It will be my first time. It looks so cool! Looks like you had fun at WDW. (Who doesn't?)

Hi Jacob, thank you so much for reading our report. We really did enjoy SWW and will be going back. I think you will really like Pop, it was fun every time we went there.

Wow Tracy! I just sat and read this whole thing in one sitting! Great trip report! Wonderful pictures of Star Wars Weekend at DHS - my 7 year old would LOVE to go to that one year!

Congrats a million times over on the weight loss - it's hard to lose 1 pound, much less 50! You look fabulous and are an inspiration! :flower3:

Take care and have a great trip in October! I will be going in October as well but the 9 - 13th!

Thanks again for a great TR!

Sara

Hi Sara!! I think you would have a great time at SWW. Thank you so much for your sweet words, I am really trying to get more healthy! Have a great time in October too.

Loved these last few installments!

First...I loooove the Tiki Room. Call me crazy...I know...

2nd...don't you just love that Haunted Mansion? It's my new #2!

And loooooved those pics of you coming home!

But, it's not sad!

You'll be back...again...and again...and again...and again...;)

Thanks Jen!! I didn't not like the Tiki Room, but didn't love it either, I am glad we went though. I did love the Haunted Mansion, I can't wait to ride that again because I was more worried about Bill instead of paying attention to the ride :rotfl:. I can't wait to get back, 94 days :banana: :banana:.

I hope you don't mind, I put a link to your thread in the disABILITIES FAQs thread. It's in the links in post #3 of that thread.

Sue, I don't mind at all, I am happy that you think the report has some useful knowledge :thumbsup2.

pssst... Tracy... it's me... Buzz....

Great report. Love the siggy. :hug:

Will see you soon (Oct).

~The Man~

Thanks, I have to represent!! You have some mad TR skillz and they can't be denied. Power to the Buzz supporters!! :yay: :yay:

:lmao: :lmao:

Thanks for this very detailed report and all the pictures. It has been great getting to know you and Bill through this report.

We are making our first trip back to WDW in 9 years. My son who will be 11 years old when we make the trip at the end of next June has Cerebral Palsy. He can walk short distances with foot and ankle orthotics, but is in the process of getting a power chair. We have been a little bit apprehensive about making the trip to WDW with what will be his new power chair. This board and your trip report, along with all the pictures have allayed many of our fears.

We have a room booked at Wilderness Lodge, 6/19-6/26, but I am still concerned about the amount of space in the room and if his Power Chair will fit. I just booked a typical room without Handicap Access, as I thought he could get out of the chair and walk around the room, but now I am concerned if there will be enough space for all three of us, our luggage and his chair. We were also contemplating bringing his manual chair incase there was an issue with the power chair. Is this overkill?

John pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter