Handmade Candy Canes

My friend and I made it out last year and it was just incredible to see them make these masterpieces. I have tons of pictures from the event, but here's a few pix for your enjoyment...

ccsign.jpg

cctradition.jpg

ccmaking.jpg

ccstack.jpg

As an aside, they handed out a certain number of tickets for each batch of candy canes made. One ticket per person/batch and you were allowed to purchase 2 candy canes. Each candy cane was $10. On the day we went, only 3 batches were being made with approximately 40-50 candy canes made in each batch. If you get an opportunity to go see them make the candy canes, I highly suggest just going there just to watch, it's quite a treat!

Thanks for the heads up on the show. Fortunately (or unfortunately) we'll be at DL that weekend.

The candy line is updated for this week, and they list friday of this week for candy canes... crossing my fingers for next week.

The candy line is updated for this week, and they list friday of this week for candy canes... crossing my fingers for next week.

:thumbsup2

Me too! If they make them next week and the line isn't super crazy, I'll get a couple!

Friday of THIS week??? OMG we will be there!!!! I'm so checking that out, hopefully the line isn't too crazy....but I'm guessing it will be. :)

Is it crazy that I want to drive down to DL just to get some candy canes? Hehe. I've never tried them but would love to get one.

Crazy?? No way! I'd love to see them being made more than eating one. :goodvibes

I did see a post that they will feature the CC making on Diners Drive-ins and Dives December 5 9pm ET, December 6 12am ET, December 11 8pm ET:

"In this one hour special, Guy Fieri explores the amazing holiday destination that is Disneyland - the fun, the experience, the added holiday excitement and charm, all wrapped around his focus on the park's holiday themed meals and treats. Guy, along with various members of his family, will highlight (and participate in the making of) a variety of food including baked goods (such as a gingerbread house and Yule log), candy (such as candy canes), and Christmas Eve dinner (featuring items served at the Napa Rose restaurant)."

Thank you for posting the phone # I had not read about that, yet. We are headed down at the end of December for the New Years craziness and am talking DH into standing in line this year. They hand out the tickets ahead of time but I am not sure how much beforehand. I know last year we walked by and people were starting to wait in line. I walked by a few minutes later and the line was VERY long and they were talking about the people at the end not getting a ticket. DH & I looked at each other and promised to get them the next year. Sooooo here we are, next year! Can't wait!:wizard:

According to this week's MP Weekly Update (link), the Candy Palace will be making and selling candy canes on:

Saturday, December 12
Friday, December 18

The dates are always subject to change.

The Candy Palace's recorded message (714-781-0112) confirms Saturday, Dec. 12.

We bought 2 candy canes on Friday, November 27. On that day they made 3 batches of candy canes. I wasn't there for the first batch, but tickets for the second batch were made available at 10:15am. The line for the tickets was outside, at the window in front of the Candy Palace. On that day they said that they were handing out 18 tickets per batch. The day we were there was the first day of the season that candy canes were being made, and it was also a "triple-blockout day"; we got in line at 10:00am and when the CM came out at 10:15am we were handed one of the last tickets for the 2nd batch. (We were lucky to have short lines; the lines will probably be much longer.) We were told to come back at 11:00am to buy the candy canes. We came back at 11:15am and we waited for 45 minutes in the line for the cash register inside the Candy Palace. While we waited, my DS8 and DD6 watched the candy canes being made, and a CM awarded them with Honorary Citizen of DL badges.

FWIW, on the day we were there, we were told that tickets for the 3rd batch of candy canes would be handed out at 12:00 Noon. All times are subject to change. I would check the times with the CMs at the Candy Palace. Good luck!

FWIW, my experience was the same as Janomi's experience below:

My friend and I made it out last year and it was just incredible to see them make these masterpieces. I have tons of pictures from the event, but here's a few pix for your enjoyment...

ccsign.jpg

cctradition.jpg

ccmaking.jpg

ccstack.jpg

As an aside, they handed out a certain number of tickets for each batch of candy canes made. One ticket per person/batch and you were allowed to purchase 2 candy canes. Each candy cane was $10. On the day we went, only 3 batches were being made with approximately 40-50 candy canes made in each batch. If you get an opportunity to go see them make the candy canes, I highly suggest just going there just to watch, it's quite a treat!

I was at Disneyland this last weekend and found this little beauty in the candy area of Pooh Corner:
16631_1206475756878_1078190639_30532337_6011926_n.jpg

I'm not sure of they always have them there, but this last Saturday they did.

Whoa, you just *found* a candy cane at Pooh Corner? Was it for sale or did someone accidentally leave it behind? Very strange.

On another note, I thought the Candys would be sold on Sunday Dec 20. That's what the OC Register said in a recent article on the candy canes. I was hoping they were correct, since I'll actually be at the park on that day.

Whoa, you just *found* a candy cane at Pooh Corner? Was it for sale or did someone accidentally leave it behind? Very strange.

On another note, I thought the Candys would be sold on Sunday Dec 20. That's what the OC Register said in a recent article on the candy canes. I was hoping they were correct, since I'll actually be at the park on that day.

MousePlanet's update today said they changed some dates and it'll be Fri Dec. 18. I'm also bummed we are arriving that day and definitely won't be there in time for some yummy candy canes!

Oops. Sorry for the confusion.

They had about half a dozen for sale there, sitting in a little box near the lollipops. No sign or anything on them. Just sitting there waiting for me. :)

I looked at that article but it was dated December of 2008. :sad2:

steph

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter