Handmade Candy Canes

Psymonds

Mouseketeer
In the past, I've seen threads about handmade candy canes on main street. Does anyone know if they still make these, if they're still only made on certain days, and by chance, which days those will be this year?

thanks
:cool1:

I'm interested too! I have heard they make a limited amount and run out quickly. We will be there just before Thanksgiving and would love to get a few!

I don't know the dates, but if you go, be preapred to wait in line a LONG time. I know last year we went on a Saturday. People started lining up when the park opened at 7:00 am. The first batch came off at 11:00 am. I think they make a couple more batches after that. It is limited to 2 per person.
So, if you do decide to try and get some, be prepared to get in line as soon as the park opens.

I don't know the dates, but if you go, be preapred to wait in line a LONG time. I know last year we went on a Saturday. People started lining up when the park opened at 7:00 am. The first batch came off at 11:00 am. I think they make a couple more batches after that. It is limited to 2 per person.
So, if you do decide to try and get some, be prepared to get in line as soon as the park opens.

I just can't see myself waiting in line for four hours for 2 candy canes. :scared1:

4 hours in line for 2 candy canes - only at disney!!!:goodvibes They would have to give out winning lottery tickets for me to stand in that line. Of course, I can't think of another places that makes you want to take home their paper napkins & paper plates.:rotfl2: They are definately the best at what they do.

I do think this is one line we will be skipping. Only 3 weeks left!!!:yay:

The DL Candy Kitchen has a phone number you can call and the automated message tells you what sweets are available and when. The number is 1-714-781-0112. But when I called yesterday, the message hasn't been updated since October.

But have you had one??? I had some of one this past January. Nancy (yellowmickeyponchos) brought some to a mini meet we did and she shared them. OMG, they were soooooooooooooooo good....and handmade by Guy Fieri! Definite plus! LOL

That said, I have NO desire to wait in a line that long so I'm sure that will be the ONLY time I ever have one of the handmade DLR candy canes. :)

I love hand made candies, but I get my fix by buying candy canes from Niemann's. They are beautiful, shiny, translucent, and oh so tasty. I get the assortment of peppermint, spearmint, and cinnamon.

So, if you really want hand made candy canes but don't want to stand in lines for hours, there are other options.

We watched them make candy canes 2 years ago. We stood for over an hour watching, then waited in line for about 45 minutes. They only make them 1 or 2 weekends in December and only make something like 4-6 batches of 45. We were allowed to buy 4 apiece, I think. They were $8 apiece.

I honestly can't say what makes them better but man, they are good!!!! :)

They updated the Candy Kitchen hotline. So it has what's available for this week. And no candy canes yet. When do they start making them? The beginning of December?

OP, if you can, watch the special hour-long edition of Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on the Food Network, airing December 5th (Saturday) - the whole hour focuses on Guy's take on Disneyland Resort Holiday food, events, activities, etc. All DLR Holiday stuff for the hour -and one of the segments they will air is the one where Guy is making the fresh candy canes in 2008. Last year, he was at DLR on the weekend before Christmas while filming the Triple D special (and then I think he went back to DLR again a few days later for a re-shoot of something), and there was a special candy cane-making session scheduled specifically for his arrival so they could film it.

Does anyone have any pictures of the candy canes?

I am so ready to start seeing pictures of all the Holiday goodies that we can expect during a visit to DL at this magical time fo year:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter