Hamburger in MDR?

DLBDS

Loves that Sweetened Condensed Milk
Has anyone ever special ordered a burger/fries in a MDR? Just saw a pic of a really nice looking burger (fancier bun) and it got me thinking. Sometimes I don't really like what I order from the menu. It would be awesome if I could just order a burger/fries when in doubt, ya know? Yeah, I know I can get this at Flo's but my DH insists on eating dinner in the MDR each night. I'm starting week 8 of my pre-vaca weight loss and don't want to waste calories/fat grams on foods I just find "eh". Not a big chicken/pork fan... Unless that pork is bacon! :love: a good bacon cheeseburger!

Has anyone ever special ordered a burger/fries in a MDR? Just saw a pic of a really nice looking burger (fancier bun) and it got me thinking. Sometimes I don't really like what I order from the menu. It would be awesome if I could just order a burger/fries when in doubt, ya know? Yeah, I know I can get this at Flo's but my DH insists on eating dinner in the MDR each night. I'm starting week 8 of my pre-vaca weight loss and don't want to waste calories/fat grams on foods I just find "eh". Not a big chicken/pork fan... Unless that pork is bacon! :love: a good bacon cheeseburger!

I believe most of the kids menus have the burger option on them. And you certainly may order from the kids menu, if you wish.

Tritons made a really good bacon cheeseburger for lunch. It was huge! And it was definitely on a fancy bun :)

I believe most of the kids menus have the burger option on them. And you certainly may order from the kids menu, if you wish.

Hmmm. Not sure I'm looking for the "kids" version. I want a more 'adult' hamburger. That said, I haven't actually seen the kids burger.

On the Magic, it is called the Lumiere's Burger and is on the lunch menu almost every day (if not every day.....). There is a kid menu hamburger at dinner on some nights, but not an adult version.

You know, it never hurts to ask your server. If your request can be accommodated, it will be!

Just an FYI, my son seemed to want hot dogs every night for dinner, and it was not an option in the MDR'S. We even asked if it could be arranged for future nights and it was a no. We hate to be a bother, so we didn't push it any further, we just took him up to deck 11 before dinner and let him have his hot dog first! Lol

Just an FYI, my son seemed to want hot dogs every night for dinner, and it was not an option in the MDR'S. We even asked if it could be arranged for future nights and it was a no. We hate to be a bother, so we didn't push it any further, we just took him up to deck 11 before dinner and let him have his hot dog first! Lol

When my DD wanted a hamburger on a night that it wasn't on the menu, they sent someone to Pluto's to get one for her. And they told us it would take a few extra minutes as they needed to do that.

On the Magic, it is called the Lumiere's Burger and is on the lunch menu almost every day (if not every day.....). There is a kid menu hamburger at dinner on some nights, but not an adult version.

IMO this is the worst burger I ever had, my husband too. The one on deck 9 was so much better in our experience. But then again, I wasn't a fan of most of the food on this ship.

To the person who had a server not get them the hot dog, I'm sorry to hear that. They should've done that for your child. Disney is known for their customer service. If its on the ship, the could've gotten it for you. Ours did.

My daughter's grandpa doesn't do fancy food so he pretty much ordered a burger and fries every night!! I am not sure where it came from, but they got it for him and he was quite a happy camper!!

This past week in luminaries I saw a kid with a burger - on a fancy looking bun and well it looked good and it did not look kid sized - it was huge - and that was at dinner.

DLBDS said:

There is always a plain chicken, fish, and/or steak option on the MDR for those who don't want what's on the primary menu.

Jackiet123 said:
IMO this is the worst burger I ever had, my husband too. The one on deck 9 was so much better in our experience. But then again, I wasn't a fan of most of the food on this ship.

To the person who had a server not get them the hot dog, I'm sorry to hear that. They should've done that for your child. Disney is known for their customer service. If its on the ship, the could've gotten it for you. Ours did.

Agree. The bacon cheeseburger at the Royal Court on the Fantasy was disgusting. Huge and dry and lacking in any flavor. Even the bacon was gross. Actually, I found all cheeseburgers on board to be gross. Dinner food was divine our entire cruise without fail. Breakfast was fine. Lunches were disgusting. Blech.

I honestly think its discourteous to make your server run and get you food that's not readily available in the MDR or MUST be fetched from somewhere else (like Goofy's or Pluto's). It messes up the pacing of their orders, and then the other tables get delayed.

If it's a one time thing and you didn't know, then I guess that's fine, but if you (and not the OP but just a general "you") already know the hot dog you want is at Plutos, then just bring it down yourself or eat it before.

They are servers, not servants.

I honestly think its discourteous to make your server run and get you food that's not readily available in the MDR or MUST be fetched from somewhere else (like Goofy's or Pluto's). It messes up the pacing of their orders, and then the other tables get delayed.

If it's a one time thing and you didn't know, then I guess that's fine, but if you (and not the OP but just a general "you") already know the hot dog you want is at Plutos, then just bring it down yourself or eat it before.

They are servers, not servants.

PP said they tried to set it up for future nights, not the night they were asking. In that case they are not running out and messing up the pacing. They would know before hand that they needed to have it.

We've never had any issues with getting things changed or different that the actual meal described on the menu.

PrincessShmoo said:
PP said they tried to set it up for future nights, not the night they were asking. In that case they are not running out and messing up the pacing. They would know before hand that they needed to have it.

We've never had any issues with getting things changed or different that the actual meal described on the menu.

Neither have we! On one cruise, after our server realized my son loved strawberries, he brought them out every night. They weren't on the menu. We usually asked for other things he wanted that weren't on the menu. He's a picky eater. Never ran into a problem.

Agree. The bacon cheeseburger at the Royal Court on the Fantasy was disgusting. Huge and dry and lacking in any flavor. Even the bacon was gross. Actually, I found all cheeseburgers on board to be gross. Dinner food was divine our entire cruise without fail. Breakfast was fine. Lunches were disgusting. Blech.
We also found all of the burgers to be pretty nasty. This was my only food complaint on the ship. We tried burgers at Flo's, the dining room, and CC. We are not burger snobs either, but when a 2 yo spits out a hamburger and eats carrots (which he doesn't like) it has to be a pretty bad burger.

The table next to us in the MDR ordered a burger that came from Pluto's during dinner. We overhead the waiter telling the person that it was no problem but that the special order would take a few minutes and they would call Pluto's to make the burger and send a runner up to get it. I doubt it was one of the servers or assistant servers who got it, although that's my assumption that they would send a dishwasher or someone else behind the scenes. I am surprised they would not accommodate a hot dog every night, since an arrangement could easily be made for the other restaurant to prepare the hot dog and then send a runner to get it.

Yes, it does take some extra time (and energy) to go fetch it, but I don't find it any more discourteous than someone who orders a meal, decides they don't like it, then orders a different meal that then needs to be prepared to specification and brought back to the table by the server. I have of course never heard a server say "Sorry, you ordered this so you're stuck with it" even though a special replacement order does take extra time, energy, and disrupts the flow of service. Or ordering an additional medium rare steak because you really liked the first one, which requires additional preparation from the kitchen and delivery to your table. That accommodation is standard for any cruise line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter