Hamburger in MDR?

I honestly think its discourteous to make your server run and get you food that's not readily available in the MDR or MUST be fetched from somewhere else (like Goofy's or Pluto's). It messes up the pacing of their orders, and then the other tables get delayed.

If it's a one time thing and you didn't know, then I guess that's fine, but if you (and not the OP but just a general "you") already know the hot dog you want is at Plutos, then just bring it down yourself or eat it before.

They are servers, not servants.

I completely disagree. If I want to eat as a family, I'm not going to get a hotdog first or bring it with me. I'm not suggesting that someone abuse the servers and have them running all over the ship. But I won't feel guilty for asking for a burger either. I am more than willing to tip extra for exceptional service. And how do you know that there is not a "runner" that does that?

We also found all of the burgers to be pretty nasty. This was my only food complaint on the ship. We tried burgers at Flo's, the dining room, and CC. We are not burger snobs either, but when a 2 yo spits out a hamburger and eats carrots (which he doesn't like) it has to be a pretty bad burger.

DITTO:thumbsup2

Wow! We asked for a hot dog, we were told no, so we moved on. I know (and I'm sure the servers know) that there are a lot of people that wouldn't move on and would make a big stink, so they accommodate them. I have realized though that there are a lot of people out there, and on this forum, that make a big stink about a lot of things. We just are not that kind of people, we don't make a stink about anything really. We are also not the kind of people that would order something in the MDR that we didn't know we would like just because "we are on a cruise and if we don't like it, they'll bring us more". If we didn't like something, we just went to deck 11 or ordered room service and got something else. I like what someone else said, they are your servers, not you SERVANTS!!!

Let the flaming begin, I can handle it, and fully expect it!!

If I want to eat as a family, I'm not going to get a hotdog first or bring it with me.

Calm down. I'm not sure why getting a hot dog first would preclude you from eating together as a family.

It is my opinion that it is discourteous and impolite to deliberately make people go out of their way. I didn't say it's against Disney's rules. No one can stop you from doing what you want. Certainly not a server whose goal it is to get an "excellent" on their score card.

Wow! We asked for a hot dog, we were told no, so we moved on. I know (and I'm sure the servers know) that there are a lot of people that wouldn't move on and would make a big stink, so they accommodate them. I have realized though that there are a lot of people out there, and on this forum, that make a big stink about a lot of things. We just are not that kind of people, we don't make a stink about anything really. We are also not the kind of people that would order something in the MDR that we didn't know we would like just because "we are on a cruise and if we don't like it, they'll bring us more". If we didn't like something, we just went to deck 11 or ordered room service and got something else. I like what someone else said, they are your servers, not you SERVANTS!!!

Let the flaming begin, I can handle it, and fully expect it!!

I completely agree with you. You asked, you didn't get, you moved on. Servers, not servants. Totally agree. This is how we are too.

Although they will accommodate you, I think the servers appreciate it if you let them know the night before of your special request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter