HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question - so I know that there is limited entertainment (parades/fireworks) in Oct. The only weekend day we will be there is Sunday (the day we arrive), are there usually fireworks/parades on that day? The only parade I am interested in seeing is the Paint the Night (I love MSEP and I bet this new one would blow my socks off) and I would hate to miss it. We are planning on being in the parks on Sunday since we arrive at SNA at 10AM so I am hoping it will go on that night (pretty please?).

Depends on the party dates (that is what we are complaining haven't come out).
If there is a party then possibly not but if there isnt then it is likely. As @Sherry E has said we really dont know what will happen as far as the new fireworks/PTN schedules through Halloween time yet.
From the looks of the front page Sundays arent normally party nights.

Question - so I know that there is limited entertainment (parades/fireworks) in Oct. The only weekend day we will be there is Sunday (the day we arrive), are there usually fireworks/parades on that day? The only parade I am interested in seeing is the Paint the Night (I love MSEP and I bet this new one would blow my socks off) and I would hate to miss it. We are planning on being in the parks on Sunday since we arrive at SNA at 10AM so I am hoping it will go on that night (pretty please?).

As mummabear mentioned, Sundays are not typically Halloween party nights, so there shouldn't be anything interfering with Paint the Night and Disneyland Forever fireworks -- unless weather throws a wrench into the plan. I think that, if all goes well, you should be able to see PtN.

At this point we don't know if the schedule might be extended a bit, to accommodate some extra weeknight showings of the fireworks, etc. Disney invested so much publicity and promotion in these 60h anniversary shows, not to mention money, that they may have something worked out to where the fireworks run on certain nights when they ordinarily would not run. But we'll see.

It will (hopefully) be today! Erin hasn't posted anything for a while, so keep your fingers crossed!!

Exactly -- Erin has been quiet since last Friday... which means she surely MUST be working on a giant Halloween Time/Mickey's Halloween Party announcement blog... right? :hyper:

It's my birthday today and I'm using my wish on...you guessed it, Halloween news! :rotfl:

Let's cross all our fingers and toes it comes true and I didn't waste my wish. :rotfl2:
\

Happy, happy, happy birthday! :banana: I hope your birthday wish comes true as well!

I'm also a July baby (two weeks from today) -- Moon Children unite!!!! :woohoo:

For the Halloween fans who like their holiday on the scary/shocking side as well, I have been checking for info on the 'other' Southern California Halloween events too. It seems that everyone is off to a slow start in announcing dates this year. :confused: Maybe each location is waiting for the other ones to 'make a move,' and as soon as one of them announces details then the others will follow??

Actually, I think that Knott's would have announced its Scary Farm/Halloween Haunt dates and info well before now (like probably a month or two ago), but one of the actors/characters (do they call them Cast Members at Knott's too?) who was a regular at Halloween Haunt passed away, and so they held off on making any announcements. I guess they have to get a new guy to play the role that the other gentleman played every year.

I'm surprised that Universal has not put out its Halloween Horror Nights info for the Hollywood location yet -- at least, it wasn't up the last time I checked.

The Los Angeles Haunted Hayride has been posting creepy pictures and cryptic 'clues' on Facebook, as they gear up to announce the theme of this year's Hayride. But they, too, are stalling on revealing the details.

I have to check the Queen Mary Dark Harbor page and see if the dates are up.

Yeah, I'm trying to plan a big
October Halloween trip and dates aren't out for anything (except it was my understanding that Dark Harbor just runs every night, and is already on the website).

Yeah, I'm trying to plan a big
October Halloween trip and dates aren't out for anything (except it was my understanding that Dark Harbor just runs every night, and is already on the website).

I thought it was on "select" nights in previous years, though I definitely could be wrong. When I click on the Select Dates button next to General Admission and the calendar pops up (here - https://tickets.queenmary.com/ItemList.aspx?node_id=292131 ), it looks like certain dates in October are not available for ticket purchase, so I'm confused!

Thank you for telling me that the info is on the site -- they are the only ones who have their info up!

So here is the Queen Mary/Dark Harbor page, folks -- http://www.queenmary.com/events/dark-harbor/

:dancer::dancer::dancer:

I'm also waiting on the dates for Rise of the Jack O'Lanterns to be released (this year, there will be two Los Angeles locations and a San Diego location) - http://therise.org/.

I don't know what is wrong with all of these places but apparently no one is thinking about Halloween in the summer. :rolleyes: ;)

Last edited:
My Mom's birthday was July 31st... Happy early Birthday Sherry!
Are you going to Catalina this year? :idea:

Happy Birthday to all July babies! I'm an Aries... so March for me!

--Lori

My Mom's birthday was July 31st... Happy early Birthday Sherry!
Are you going to Catalina this year? :idea:

Happy Birthday to all July babies! I'm an Aries... so March for me!

--Lori

Of course! As long as they're still offering the boat ride for free on birthdays, I'm still going. Although.... last year I was one of the only women on my boat going over to the island. It was a Monday morning -- early -- and my boat was full of what appeared to be fishermen, divers, etc. Mostly men. Not exactly the most comfortable situation. So I don't know what's in store for me on a Tuesday morning, but I hope that it's a different kind of group, with some tourists and other birthday folk thrown in.

Refresh my memory -- exactly how many days does it take to install the Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay? Is it exactly 2 weeks (14 days), or is it closer to 2-1/2 weeks (like, say, 17 days or so, which is about how long it takes It's a Small World to get its holiday overlay)?

Someone on MiceChat is saying that a CM on the phone at DLR (and we all know how reliable they can be :rolleyes:) told her that Haunted Mansion is closing on August 28th to get the HMH overlay. So, would it be ready in time to open on Friday, 9/11, or would that date put it at an opening closer to 9/15?

In 2013 it was closed 8/26 - 9/12 so an 8/28 - 9/10 makes perfect sense.

Thank you for looking up that info! Unless I am counting wrong, that was about 17 days, though (8/26-9/12). So if we are looking at 17 days again, then HMH would be reopening on 9/14.

Then again, 2013 was the year when all of the extra little surprises were added in (because it was the 13th year of HMH, and they had the 13 surprises and all of that), so it could have taken a few extra days.

Hmmm..... Maybe we are now 'Zero-ing' (see what I did there?) in on a date (which would validate my "no September 11th" timeline!!!)!!!

:dancer::dancer::dancer:

By my calculations...18 days.

It typically is closed on the Monday one week before Labor Day and re-opens the second Friday after Labor Day. Using the 2013, it closed on Aug 26 (Monday before Labor Day) and re-opened on 13th (second Friday after Labor Day), I found similar dates for 2014 (closed Monday 8/25, re-opened Friday 9/12).

In this case, if it closes on the Friday, August 28, it could be open by September 16, but the 15th isn't out of question. But I bet it doesn't close until the 31st.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter