HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sherry E I would think #3 is unlikely.
Have the September parties not been popular?
IMO the best thing for them to do with the 60th celebrations and parties is to extend the hours on at least some non party nights to make room for fireworks/ptn but it may be a city thing not allowing it.
At the end of the day Mon-Thursday hours are so short in Sept/Oct usually even on non party nights that the parties are not in the way exactly.
As we have said many times as awhile the release their info too late, about parties, general park hours, special in park events like 24 hour openings etc for any visitor (rather than local) to plan for it.
They don't have to put out their tickets that early really it what does
It hurt to have the party dates out months ago so people deciding when to visit have more info to go on then select nights in September/October and aren't left disappointed.
But I am preaching to the choir

Last edited:
Well let's all hope for Monday!! :).

I really hope they don't decide to start the parties in October this year. We are going Sept 29- Oct 3rd so I'm hoping for at least one MHP that week!

Question...the MHP usually comes with parking, does anyone know how early we can use that parking pass? Like if we plan to be in the park all day, can we use it that morning?

As the classic rock song says, "The waiting is the hardest part...."

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Well let's all hope for Monday!! :).

I really hope they don't decide to start the parties in October this year. We are going Sept 29- Oct 3rd so I'm hoping for at least one MHP that week!

Question...the MHP usually comes with parking, does anyone know how early we can use that parking pass? Like if we plan to be in the park all day, can we use it that morning?

I've seen mixed reports on that. One time I read someone's recap, which indicated they were allowed to park well before 3 p.m. or 4 p.m. (whenever their MHP ticket would allow them entrance), or almost the whole day. And then it seems like I remember someone else saying that they were not allowed to park (with the MHP ticket) early in the day.

Erin is the one who will make the announcement, and she still has not done a blog. It's only 1:37 p.m., PST. There's still hope for today! If a blog pops up from her about something else (non-Halloween news), then we are out of luck for today.

It is very interesting that everything has been so, so, so quiet on the rumor mill front this year. As I've said before, the rumors of what would be happening this year actually circulated last year. Since MiceAge/MiceChat is the typical source of rumors, I am going to guess that their secret sources have dried up. Even though Al Lutz is no longer writing the articles, you would think that the same contacts at Disney would be in place. But I am guessing that, after the Frozen Fun details were leaked by MiceAge in advance of Disney's actual announcement about it, someone probably figured out that someone was leaking too much info and decided to put a stop to it.

Yeah it's pretty crazy there's no announcement on dates for the parties or even when they're starting. Something! 11 weeks until we go, have the hotel booked already but won't have much time to change (if need be) we all don't live in SO CAL. What would it hurt to just simply announce the dates for people planning on going?

I can't wait too. I'm uploading the pictures I took of both of the Electra costume and of the the Nevada unitard now. I will post them in the next couple of hours.

I would like to book my flights, but I'm not going to do so until I know the party dates. With my luck, I'd book it and the party would be the day after we go home. LOL

Sigh............I was so hoping that I'd come on here tonight and find out the Halloween details.................I'm not a patient person...............lol

Question - so I know that there is limited entertainment (parades/fireworks) in Oct. The only weekend day we will be there is Sunday (the day we arrive), are there usually fireworks/parades on that day? The only parade I am interested in seeing is the Paint the Night (I love MSEP and I bet this new one would blow my socks off) and I would hate to miss it. We are planning on being in the parks on Sunday since we arrive at SNA at 10AM so I am hoping it will go on that night (pretty please?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter