HalloweenTime at DLR Info and Photo Superthread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kilala - WOW amazing costume. Right off the stage!!

I want to hear more costume talk!!! What's everyone thinking?!

My son wants us all to be steampunk so I've been looking online for ideas. Found some men's vests that will work. We've got a lot of pieces like boots and pants, hats and some goggles but I need to add some personality. Might go to michaels and see what kind of cool jewelry or accessory I can make. They have a lot if that stuff in their jewelry dept (octopus' are very steampunk - for whatever reason. Oh I guess Jules Verne 20,000 leagues)

Thank you!!!

Kilala - WOW amazing costume. Right off the stage!!

I want to hear more costume talk!!! What's everyone thinking?!

My son wants us all to be steampunk so I've been looking online for ideas. Found some men's vests that will work. We've got a lot of pieces like boots and pants, hats and some goggles but I need to add some personality. Might go to michaels and see what kind of cool jewelry or accessory I can make. They have a lot if that stuff in their jewelry dept (octopus' are very steampunk - for whatever reason. Oh I guess Jules Verne 20,000 leagues)

Thats so cute! I'm going as Rapunzel from Tangled. I'm getting the wig custom-made right now. It's supposed to look like the braid she wears in the movie, with the flowers woven through. My niece is going as Sofia the First from Disney Junior, but smartly is getting her costume from the Disney Store---less expensive! Lol :goodvibes

This is my costume, ironed onto a black t-shirt!

And I just made this for myself!!! Hopefully it will be cool enough at night to wear it...

We are going as a family of Supers! My husband isn't a huge dress up guy so he is going as Clark Kent. I am going to be wonder women, DS is going to be Captin America and DD is going to be Spider man. We are keeping with a Red & Blue theme so we all kind of match. :)

This is our inspiration and it works perfectly because my kids are about the same age as the ones in the picture! Our costumes are identical except DD is Spider Man and her costume is below.
14dzekh.jpg

DD costume:
2aaexw4.jpg

I will be at Disneyland on Friday, September 13 for the kick-off of the halloween season.

ludari --

Cool! It looks like there will be quite a few of us there on 9/13. I know that somewhere on this forum is a Check-In thread just for folks who are going on 9/13 and I thought that Tom/I'mTooExcitedToSleep was trying to organize a meet-up on that day for all of the 9/13 people, but I don't know if that's still happening or not.

We are going to be here on the 13th as well to kick off our anniversary weekend. Hopefully, we will see some DISers there!!!

thank you!!! LOL!! what cat are you talking about? If you are talking about the cat walking in front of me that is my cat Naruto. She was walking infront of me when the picture was taken. I'm albe to put my camera on a timer when I take pictures. She walked in the camera just at the right time.

Are you saying that was not planned? It looks like such a fantastic picture, so I was sure you'd planned it. If not, that was a cool coincidence. You and the cat are truly blending. It is a very artistic picture.

My kids want to do the Pirate League makeovers for the Halloween party, so Diva is a pirate princess and Little Monkey is a ghost pirate. Hubby won't dress up :( party pooper! I think I've mentioned I'm going as a devil.

We are going as a family of Supers! My husband isn't a huge dress up guy so he is going as Clark Kent. I am going to be wonder women, DS is going to be Captin America and DD is going to be Spider man. We are keeping with a Red & Blue theme so we all kind of match. :)

This is our inspiration and it works perfectly because my kids are about the same age as the ones in the picture! Our costumes are identical except DD is Spider Man and her costume is below.
14dzekh.jpg

DD costume:
2aaexw4.jpg

That is too cute! I love the Clark Kent for the man who's too 'cool' :cool1: to play dress-up! Just have a Superman T peaking out from under a button up shirt. Get a pic of him pulling his shirt open!

I just found a cool corset on ebay. I think I have a peasant type top I can put under it. DS8 is just going to pick a $10 ninja costume at PArty City.

Eeeekk can't wait! Getting super excited now I'm seeing the candy in the stores - as I hurry and rush by!!

Hello, everyone! Happy day-before-Halloween-Time-begins!!! Happy day-before-Friday-the-13th!!

:dancer::dancer::dancer:

I was just saying to Liza/funatdisney (who I will be with at DLR tomorrow) that I hadn't really been thinking too much about huge crowds until I saw so many questions on this board about whether or not DL will reach capacity!

I figured, yes, DLR will probably be busier tomorrow than it would be on a normal opening day of Halloween Time because the Villains event has been known about since last year (even though the details were scarce until the last week or two). People had time to plan for it and make a point of coming out to see it. I also figured that after the half-day point, crowds would pick up with locals getting out of work early. Then, of course, a Friday night would be busy.

Now I know the Villains are popular, but are they -- in combination with one extra hour of park time in DL -- going to be enough to bring crazy crowds? I certainly never entertained capacity crowds, so it surprises me that some folks think that could happen. Maybe I am just underestimating the lure of these special Disney events?

Anyway, I guess I will find out tomorrow!

For anyone who is making his/her very first trip to DLR for Halloween Time this year, here are some things to look out for or do (in no particular order):

1. Haunted Mansion Holiday will have some new effects, in celebration of its 13th year. (Which means that the lines could be even longer than usual.) We don't yet know exactly what those effects and surprises will be, but apparently there will be something new in every room of the ride. The spooky gingerbread centerpiece in the dining/ball room scene is always a work of art!;

2. Also in celebration of HMH's 13th year, DL will be selling gingerbread zombies and gingerbread zombie cookie kits!! I am guessing that those "zombies" are the same creepy gingerbread men who are usually positioned around the HMH gingerbread centerpiece in the ballroom every year. I have been hoping (for years) that Disney would sell those little evil guys as either collectibles or treats. I had a feeling they would be a huge hit.

Those of you who have sampled the regular gingerbread men with mouse ears (which should also be on sale tomorrow, I think) know how cute and yummy those are, so I am holding out hope for the gingerbread zombies. I'm not sure if those zombies and zombie kits will only be sold in New Orleans Square or if we will be able to find the cookies in the various candy and bake shops around the parks, but they may not make a comeback next year (you never know with Disney) so if you see them you should snap them up!!;

3. The Mad T Party in DCA will have a special Halloween theme to it, with special Halloween effects and decor.;

4. Be sure to stop in the Ghirardelli shop in DCA to get a free sample of pumpkin chocolate (someone stands near the door with a basket and hands the samples out)!!;

5. Take time to visit the Halloween Carnival (a.k.a. Big Thunder Ranch a.k.a. Halloween Round-Up). Not only are there some really fun decorations in that area (pumpkin-headed figures, harvest-y things and all kinds of cute details), but they sell the candy corn cotton candy (which probably does not taste like candy corn, but it looks like it!). I think you can also decorate cookies here for Halloween as well (as you can for Christmas). The Carnival/Ranch is where you will find characters in Halloween costumes (Goofy, Mickey, Minnie, etc.), and where you can "conjure up a Villain"! This year Pirates League has moved to the Carnival. You can also listen to music from Billy Hill and the Hillbillies.

Also of note at the Halloween Carnival are the awesome pumpkin carvers/artists. While they don't have a full array of Disney pumpkins on display at the Carnival on opening day of the season, they will have a few (and there will be new ones added in every day, all season long). They usually put up a Mickey pumpkin as one of the first ones, but they do a fantastic job in creating pumpkins for all characters!;

6. Notice that all of the pumpkins along Main Street (they are perched in window sills, on balconies, atop awnings, etc.) are different (though many may look similar). There are at least 300 pumpkins on display from Town Square to the Partners Statue, but some are harder to spot than others.; and

7. Treats/Merchandise -- I expect that there will be some Unleash the Villains/Friday the 13th/13th Year of Haunted Mansion Holiday-specific pieces of merchandise sold tomorrow. No one knows if those might stay in the shops even beyond 9/13, but if you see something you like you should get it then, just in case. As far as treats, keep your eyes peeled for pumpkin muffins, pumpkin fudge, pumpkin fritters, pumpkin beignets, Halloween cupcakes, festive demitasse desserts served in collectible character pumpkin mugs, assorted Fall-inspired drinks, creative Halloween caramel apples and lots of different types of seasonal cookies and Rice Krispies treats!

As I mentioned in another thread this week, if you happen to see a crazy woman crawling under, over and around people to get to foliage beds, random out-of-the-way pumpkins, harvest decor or window displays...say hello and introduce yourselves! I'm friendly! I might be a little odd when intently focused on my photo missions, but I'm friendly!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::dancer:

That is too cute! I love the Clark Kent for the man who's too 'cool' :cool1: to play dress-up! Just have a Superman T peaking out from under a button up shirt. Get a pic of him pulling his shirt open!

I just found a cool corset on ebay. I think I have a peasant type top I can put under it. DS8 is just going to pick a $10 ninja costume at PArty City.

Eeeekk can't wait! Getting super excited now I'm seeing the candy in the stores - as I hurry and rush by!!

DH approved the Clark Kent outfit and I was so excited. I have all the pieces but his shirt and cape. :dance3: Defiantly am planning on getting some pictures of the whole fam posing together. I'm ordering the photo pass for this trip for sure!

I'm so excited about the decorations out in all the stores as well. I asked DH if I could decorate early and he shook his head at me lol

I'm ready to decorate too but my son's b-day is the 28th and I like to decorate for that and not compete and just focus on him. After his b-day though I yank that banner down and up w/ the leaves and pumpkins!

I am giddy, Sherry. I wish we were going at the same time, so I could meet you. From your reports, I already feel like I know you anyway. Cannot wait for your next one. Your post has me super excited. Have so much FUN tomorrow. Glad you picked 09/13/13, so you get to attends the Villains event.

I am giddy, Sherry. I wish we were going at the same time, so I could meet you. From your reports, I already feel like I know you anyway. Cannot wait for your next one. Your post has me super excited. Have so much FUN tomorrow. Glad you picked 09/13/13, so you get to attends the Villains event.

Kim --

Thank you!:goodvibes:grouphug: I feel like I know so many of the people who stuck with me in my (now defunct) TR thread and in my Halloween & Christmas Superthreads, or from reading their TRs! I feel like we are all extended family at this point, after being on this board for so long.

I would love to get back to DLR sometime in October too (and I would happily go on a day when you're there!), but don't know if I will be able to pull it off. I probably should have just planned to do the MHP in October instead of trying to be there on the first night (9/27). I have Halloween activities planned in September but nothing in October, which makes no sense!:confused3 (Why not plan all my Christmas time activities for November and skip December too?:rotfl2::confused3)

I would have had my eye on going on 9/13 anyway -- just because it's the first day of the season and everything is fresh, surprising and new. The merchandise is still in stock, as well (which is not always the case as the seasons progress). However, the Unleash the Villains/Friday the 13th spin that DLR is putting on the first day of Halloween Time is a big draw for me. This is the only time I am aware of that DLR has ever done anything for Friday the 13th, and it may be the last time! So I want to at least catch a glimpse of it while it happens.

I'll be there with Liza/funatdisney tomorrow -- and she recently met Bret in person at the Expo. I think she also (almost) met Allison (franandaj) a couple of years ago too, but never did. One of these days I will get to meet you and Bret -- both of whom I feel I know!

Liza and I may make a mad dash out of the parks if the crowds for the Villains after 8 p.m. are insane. We can see Villains again at the MHP (she is also going to MNSSHP this year too). But I want to try to hang in there as long as possible to at least get a sense of what's happening in Town Square and in New Orleans Square because this is a new thing.

This is our first Halloween at Disneyland we leave in 12 days!!! When you talk about the carnival is that a Halloween Party thing?

californiamomof4grls -

Hi there!

No. The whole Carnival/Ranch/Round-Up is open daily, all season long. It's not a party exclusive, thankfully. It's great because the carved character pumpkins change throughout the season so you will see different things each day. Some of the pumpkins can stay up for one week; some for a few weeks. The carvers are constantly creating new pumpkins to replace the old ones.

Have a great trip!:dancer:

Hi everyone! I thought I would introduce myself. I'm Liza. Sherry E and I are going to DLR tomorrow for the Villains event. I am super excited and so looking forward to it.

I used to go to DLR for a mini-vacation in October, but my DD(15)'s volleyball schedule has hijacked our life. Her game schedule doesn't allow an October vacation. (Instead, We go to DLR for a mini-vacay in December. Believe me I am not complaining.) I am very familiar with DLR during this time of the year. I am very curious and excited to see all the haps for tomorrow's event.

Hi everyone! I thought I would introduce myself. I'm Liza. Sherry E and I are going to DLR tomorrow for the Villains event. I am super excited and so looking forward to it.

I used to go to DLR for a mini-vacation in October, but my DD(15)'s volleyball schedule has hijacked our life. Her game schedule doesn't allow an October vacation. (Instead, We go to DLR for a mini-vacay in December. Believe me I am not complaining.) I am very familiar with DLR during this time of the year. I am very curious and excited to see all the haps for tomorrow's event.

How funny. I met a Sherry L. on these boards who lived in Ventura, too. We have become quite close. She just moved to Santa Ynez, though. But, still see each other and go to DL and on cruises together.

How funny. I met a Sherry L. on these boards who lived in Ventura, too. We have become quite close. She just moved to Santa Ynez, though. But, still see each other and go to DL and on cruises together.

Brenda -

I am the Sherry E to whom Liza was referring above...but my middle initial is "L"!!!!:rotfl2: I love coincidences!

I encountered someone with my name (different spelling, though) in the remote hills of Avalon on Catalina Island this past July (it was a fairly deserted road). She stopped at the same spot I did and asked me if I would take a photo of her with her group. She was also from Los Angeles, as am I! What are the odds?

I am a little sad today. If all had gone according to plan, I would be on a plane to California now.

Corinna

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter