Halloween Quest PTR~~THE TRIP IS OFFICIALLY OFF!

Any Mail Yet?

Great minds think alike!!

Everyone is anxiously waiting, huh?

Great minds do think alike! Isn't it wonderful that we get so anxious and excited for each other trips! Come on IRS and get your bottoms in gear Laurie and her family are going to Disneyland this year!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

:mad::headache: Mail JUST arrived & guess what .........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
no letter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek::hug: Oh No Laurie, how obnoxious. Well maybe the letter got prepared but wasn't sent out yet and it does contain your check. Sometimes checks are batched out together.

If it doesn't come on Monday, I would call them again! :hug:

:mad: JEEEEEEZ!! I'm sooo Sorry, Laurie!
They must have made a MISTAKE!:rolleyes:

:eek::hug: Oh No Laurie, how obnoxious. Well maybe the letter got prepared but wasn't sent out yet and it does contain your check. Sometimes checks are batched out together.

If it doesn't come on Monday, I would call them again! :hug:

I'm beyond annoyed at this point. If this adoption was private & we were claiming expenses, I could see it taking longer to sort thru. Foster care adoptions were supposed to be automatic. We included the adoption decree, the Adoption Assistance thru the State of Oregon that even states it was a "Special Needs Adoption", the IEP's & copies of the Social Security stating the girls were disabled...........why is this taking so long......I don't get it!!!!

I know there are cases in which since the refund was originally a credit against taxes owed, some people have already claimed a portion of the credit so they are going through each case with a fine tooth comb. I also heard through an accountant friend that they are and have been doing these credits in and amongst the regular tax returns. It sounds like you turned everything in to prove your case so it sounds like the waiting game. :confused3

Call on Monday maybe the girl was mistaken.

Kris

Oh Laurie I am so sorry to hear this. I will keep my fingers crossed for Monday.

I know there are cases in which since the refund was originally a credit against taxes owed, some people have already claimed a portion of the credit so they are going through each case with a fine tooth comb. I also heard through an accountant friend that they are and have been doing these credits in and amongst the regular tax returns. It sounds like you turned everything in to prove your case so it sounds like the waiting game. :confused3

Call on Monday maybe the girl was mistaken.

Kris

I'll wait for Monday's mail & then decide what to do. I'm not sure if I'd get further going down to our local office & speaking to someone down there. Maybe she meant a letter would be mailed out on Aug 28th & not July 28th.......wouldn't put it past them to pull a stunt like that!!

Oh Laurie I am so sorry to hear this. I will keep my fingers crossed for Monday.

Thanx Michele......I'm really panicking about our trip now.....this just keeps delaying things closer & closer to the trip.

I'll wait for Monday's mail & then decide what to do. I'm not sure if I'd get further going down to our local office & speaking to someone down there. Maybe she meant a letter would be mailed out on Aug 28th & not July 28th.......wouldn't put it past them to pull a stunt like that!!

Thanx Michele......I'm really panicking about our trip now.....this just keeps delaying things closer & closer to the trip.

I think that maybe I would visit the local office. I would play up confusion over the phone call a week ago. But that is me. I understand worrying and panicking.:hug:

Another one who checks in hoping for the letter (and especially check!)

here's hoping!!

I think that maybe I would visit the local office. I would play up confusion over the phone call a week ago. But that is me. I understand worrying and panicking.:hug:

Mike's off on Wednesday, so if it hasn't gotten here by then, we'll go in & see if they can help us out!

Another one who checks in hoping for the letter (and especially check!)

here's hoping!!

Well hello & welcome!!!! Thanx for supporting the cause...... :rotfl: I would definitely like to see the check show up as well!!!!!!!!

Day 6 Ressies are made!!!

Minnie & Friends, Oct 7 at 8:40am

Hungry Bear is counter service which we'll do as an early dinner. Disney Dining was pretty sure this restaurant would be open prior to the party starting at 7pm.

I also ended up going back to Oct 1, the day we get into Anaheim. We were going to go to Johnny Rockets in the Gardenwalk......but we decided to do Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in DTD instead. Ty's never had it before & he figures we can do the "burger" joint stuff anytime.

Jazz Kitchen, Oct 1 at 6pm

Tomorrow I will be finishing up our ressies.........one more character breakfast to go before we check out of the Pier & head to Torrance.

Laurie,

Do you have a local IRS office? We have not had one here for years. It was never staffed in the off season either. I am thinking there should be an e-maill address where you can get this figured out. My question would be If the ammeded return is done----Did a check get sent out-- and when check was sent. Was check sent direct or via the IRS batching system.

Don't let them say they don't know -- They can look it up or ask for a supervisior that can. Should they say anything -- remind them you do not want to let a check sit in the mail box or be taken

One other suggestion --could it have come direct deposit? It is my understanding all the direst deposits are batched so they hit the banks on fridays. When our taxes or done and we have a refund -- yeah-- our broker tells us date it will be deposited.

Patty -- fingers crossed for Monday celebration :).

Laurie,

Do you have a local IRS office? We have not had one here for years. It was never staffed in the off season either. I am thinking there should be an e-maill address where you can get this figured out. My question would be If the ammeded return is done----Did a check get sent out-- and when check was sent. Was check sent direct or via the IRS batching system.

Don't let them say they don't know -- They can look it up or ask for a supervisior that can. Should they say anything -- remind them you do not want to let a check sit in the mail box or be taken

One other suggestion --could it have come direct deposit? It is my understanding all the direst deposits are batched so they hit the banks on fridays. When our taxes or done and we have a refund -- yeah-- our broker tells us date it will be deposited.

Patty -- fingers crossed for Monday celebration :).

We do have a local office. The family I told about this refund actually took their return into the local office & they got it back in 6 wks. Wish I would have thought of that.

With an amendment, they will only mail a check.....no direct deposit...eventhough we've been set up with that for a number of years for our returns.

I'm hoping the local office can look into a bit more & find out what's going on. Time's a ticking & we need to know whether or not we're going to have this in time for our trip or not. The only saving grace to the possibility of having to cancel is.....if Mike gets the new job, we can set new dates.....he has a week of vacation that has to be used by the end of the year. We could always look back at our original dates following Thanksgiving. But I'm hoping we can go forward with our plans since I"m all in the mood for Halloween time!!

Mike's home Wednesday, so if we don't have the "letter" in hand by then....we'll go down & hopefully know what's holding things up.

YAY for more ressies! :thumbsup2
I have always wanted to try Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, but last time we did the express version and it was not so good. So there was no way I could convince anyone to try to full out restaurant.

YAY for more ressies! :thumbsup2
I have always wanted to try Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, but last time we did the express version and it was not so good. So there was no way I could convince anyone to try to full out restaurant.

We did it in March (just Mike & I) & it was delcious!!! This time I'm going to get 2 appetizers & skip the entreee. We had a trio of soups & the best crab cake I've ever tasted!!!

Of course, the bananas foster was a great show & oh so good!!!!

We've never done the express, so have no clue what they even serve.

I love the Express Kitchen!! It is a great place to grab a meal and take it on the go back to the hotel. I like their popcorn shrimp!! On the other hand I do not like their coleslaw, it is a sour coleslaw and I just wasn't expecting that.

I love the Express Kitchen!! It is a great place to grab a meal and take it on the go back to the hotel. I like their popcorn shrimp!! On the other hand I do not like their coleslaw, it is a sour coleslaw and I just wasn't expecting that.

So not the creamy coleslaw.......I don't mind the other kind but do prefer the creamy style better.

So not the creamy coleslaw.......I don't mind the other kind but do prefer the creamy style better.

Me too. And I will tell you I liked their breakfast too. Their beignets are really wonderful!! Their whole breakfast menu is good. And if you don't mind sitting outside it can be an enjoyable breakfast.

Me too. And I will tell you I liked their breakfast too. Their beignets are really wonderful!! Their whole breakfast menu is good. And if you don't mind sitting outside it can be an enjoyable breakfast.

I've heard a number people saying they swing in there & grab the beignets & then go stand in line. We've just never done that. We always get the beignets at Cafe Orleans.....yummy!!

I've heard a number people saying they swing in there & grab the beignets & then go stand in line. We've just never done that. We always get the beignets at Cafe Orleans.....yummy!!

I think that taste wise they are better than the ones from Cafe Orleans. Have you been to Ralph Brennan's website? They have the menu for the Express Kitchen on there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter