Halloween is next Monday...NOT Saturday

We had a huge issue in my neighborhood when the HOA tried to move trick or treating away from the 31st last year, which was a Sunday. We fought back and got it to stay on Halloween night where it belongs.

I have never heard of celebrating halloween on any other day except Halloween:confused3 I live in Ontario, Canada and the way it was when I was a kid and still is now with my kids is as soon as it gets dark enough trick or treating begins. So usually around 6 pm and it over by 8pm at the latest. The fun part is coming home from school, eating dinner, getting your costume on and waiting until it's finally dark enough to hit the first house. That's how it's always been and I like it that way;)

Not necessary.
It's also Carve Your Pumpkin Day, and Increase Your Psychic Power Day.

I was talking about my new holiday that lands on the Sat before Halloween. I call it "Costume Day" where basically you wear the costume you are going to wear before Halloween except you get to mow the lawn in it. ;)

Where I live now (Indiana ), Halloween is always celebrated on the actual night of Halloween, and I do not like it!!! It's usually the older kids (high school) if on a school night. It's also colder after dark and we do not have sidewalks. I much preferred my former community (suburb of Milwaukee) that has it on a Sunday afternoon. It's much safer, and lots of little children out in their adorable costumes. Good photos of the cute neighbor kids. The only drawback was if there was a Green Bay Packer game going on.

Packers have a "bye" this week = so no issues there.

Our subdividsion is always on the Saturday before Halloween - unless Sat IS halloween. Love it - we don't have street lights OR sidewalks out by us, and it is just a little safer (because we have a little more daylight before the times change on Saturday night.) It is really dangerous when people are coming home from work - if T-O-T was during the week.

Halloween is on Halloween. :confused3

Same here. I have never lived in a place nor do I currently where anyone tries to change the date of Halloween. It is the day it is and if people choose to ToT or give out candy they do..or don't. Now festivals and gatherings are often the days or weekend before to give people a chance to attend and not have to pick between ToT and the festival but that's as far as it goes.

I agree with halloween should be on the night it falls on. I do not want to give out candy on a saturday night !!! Monday night only here !!

Our mall is doing trick or treat and a costume contest Saturday night. This is the first time that they have done that. They usually do both on Halloween night.

My kids will be trick or treating on Halloween night.

Our town's ToT is ALWAYS the Thursday before Halloween. If Halloween falls on a Thursday, ToT would be on the 24th. Never on Halloween.

Same for us except if Halloween is Thursday then it's on Halloween. And it's from 6-8pm.

I grew up in this area so it doesn't seem strange to me because it's always been that way.

Thankful that my town, also in Indiana, knows that Oct 31st is Halloween.

We've never celebrated it any other day but the 31st.

Another Indiana town here and we do Trick or Treating on the weekend, either Friday or Saturday (whichever is closer to the true holiday), from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Always have, probably always will, and I've never heard anyone complain about it... :confused3 Go Figure. I posted on the same thread last year. :lmao:

and it is just a little safer (because we have a little more daylight before the times change on Saturday night.) It is really dangerous when people are coming home from work - if T-O-T was during the week.
The time does not change this year in the U.S. until November 6th so I am not sure what that meant. My daughter will go out trick or treating with her group of friends (NO PARENTS!!!) when the street lights go on and have to be home by 8pm.

We cannot stand parents who drive their kids into our neighborhood and then drive/follow them through our streets. If you must accompany your kids, get out and WALK!

In my city, trick or treat has always been (at least for the 31 years I've lived here!) on the Friday night before Halloween from 6-8pm. I don't mind it. I'd rather that than on a school night, when we are usually bogged down with after school activities.

Trick or treating is on the 31st in our area of Pennsylvania, always has been, and never heard anyone try to change it.

Of course, even if they changed the Trick or Treating it wouldn't take away the fact that the actual festival marking the end of the harvest will always be on the 31st.

Where I grew up it was called begger night and it was sponsored by the police department.

If Halloween fell Sat thru Tuesday it went to the previous Saturday, If it was Wed, Thurs, or Friday, it fell to the following Saturday,

That how it always was and has always been.

Personally I like a Saturday best. Around here we get van loads of kids from all over coming for candy. I hate the most the parents who obviously aren't from around here, because they stay in their car and slowly creep along the road and let their kids run all over by themselves.

These are the same groups that continue to pund on the door an ring the bell until 11:pm, with the lights out

I loathe when cities, towns, neighborhoods, etc try to change the day of Halloween. Halloween is on HALLOWEEN. We will be giving out candy ON Halloween. Anyone who comes before then will be SOL.

I loathe when cities, towns, neighborhoods, etc try to change the day of Halloween. Halloween is on HALLOWEEN. We will be giving out candy ON Halloween. Anyone who comes before then will be SOL.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

My mom grew up in a little town in the West Central part of Minnesota. Whenever Halloween falls on Sunday, trick or treating is done on Saturday night. I guess they find trick or treating on Sunday to be offensive.

This is what happens where we live. We don't have many kids in our area, so we don't get any trick or treaters. We got them the first year we lived in our house only because we really decorated our front yard.

We are taking my GDD to the mall for trick or treating. All the stores participate and its nice and safe for kids of all ages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter