Halloween Horror Nights 2013

I 'felt' for the scareactors in that area last year went thru several times and they were basically standing there milling around...not to be confused with zombies.:confused3think it was combination of poor house design and lack of training/seasoning.:rolleyes: Universal is smart enough not to make the same mistake twice.

This is great to hear that they are smart enough to not make the same mistake twice

Anyone else going opening night? What's your plan of attack?

This will be my first time attending on opening night!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm off at 830 that night and the next, so I'm probably going to just head over after work. Maybe catch bill and Ted and rocky horror.

I'll be at the main holding area...a tradition that's 10 years old now...and will do the soundstage houses first. Then see what else I can see before the lines get too long.

I think the second movie will be closest to the feel of the house. Since it had most of the same monsters, including Nemesis, that were in the same games. Not sure about any human characters.

I consider myself a HHN old pro but until last year it has always been just me and my sister and we both are Passholders. Her boyfriend will be tagging along again this year and I can't remember what time he can get in with his HHN ticket. I want to say 4 but that seems to early...if anyone knows. Thanks!

I consider myself a HHN old pro but until last year it has always been just me and my sister and we both are Passholders. Her boyfriend will be tagging along again this year and I can't remember what time he can get in with his HHN ticket. I want to say 4 but that seems to early...if anyone knows. Thanks!
Since he isn't a passholder, he would not be able to do Stay & Scream unless he was able to get into the park before the 5PM closing. However...last year there were day tickets available to FL residents that you could purchase for $19.99 and enter the park anytime after 3PM. I don't know of any other way to enter prior to park closing w/o having a day ticket.

This is great to hear that they are smart enough to not make the same mistake twice

i'm an optimistic sort;) but would like to think that they actually evaluate the surveys they take during the event and make necessary corrections to keep the event #one:thumbsup2

Would we grab something before Halloween horror nights starts or when happening? We have stay and scream. We have park hopper so first part of the day we are in IOA then universal studios if that helps

Would we grab something before Halloween horror nights starts or when happening? We have stay and scream. We have park hopper so first part of the day we are in IOA then universal studios if that helps
I always grab something before HHN so I'm not having to take time away from the houses. Maybe a snack during but not an entire meal. I usually eat around 4PM and then I'm good until much later in the evening.

Since he isn't a passholder, he would not be able to do Stay & Scream unless he was able to get into the park before the 5PM closing. However...last year there were day tickets available to FL residents that you could purchase for $19.99 and enter the park anytime after 3PM. I don't know of any other way to enter prior to park closing w/o having a day ticket.

They have the scream early for either of the parks. You can get in starting at 3:00 p.m.http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/scream-early.html

I suggest getting a Finnegan's reservation for 4:30. Those reservations can be made on opentable.com. If you don't want to do that, than eat at one of the US fast food restaurants (Louie's, Simpsons, etc.) between 4 and 4:30 and then get to a stay and scream holding area by 5. These restaurants will be open during HHNs, but you'll probably be focused on seeing all of the HHNs houses, scare zones, and shows.

And Finnegan's is part of a stay and scream holding area, so no rush to leave it to get to a holding area.

Woo! Just booked both UTH tours for the 28th!

:thumbsup2

I suggest getting a Finnegan's reservation for 4:30. Those reservations can be made on opentable.com. If you don't want to do that, than eat at one of the US fast food restaurants (Louie's, Simpsons, etc.) between 4 and 4:30 and then get to a stay and scream holding area by 5. These restaurants will be open during HHNs, but you'll probably be focused on seeing all of the HHNs houses, scare zones, and shows.

And Finnegan's is part of a stay and scream holding area, so no rush to leave it to get to a holding area.

dates I checked are filling fast, not much left after 3:30 pm. Glad I decided to book what seemed really early end of June. Assume it's a combination of word getting out and influx of Disney people who are used to booking ADRs:confused3

I always grab something before HHN so I'm not having to take time away from the houses. Maybe a snack during but not an entire meal. I usually eat around 4PM and then I'm good until much later in the evening.

I figure if grab something small before hand, not dinner just snack and should be good. I'll be eating enough at food and wine the two days after so works out well

HHN's twitter posted a pic of one of the werewolves in AWIL...Looks great!!!
I can't wait to see this in person!!

:thumbsup2

dates I checked are filling fast, not much left after 3:30 pm. Glad I decided to book what seemed really early end of June. Assume it's a combination of word getting out and influx of Disney people who are used to booking ADRs:confused3

Wow! I can't find any times available for a party of 6 on Thursday, Oct. 3. I'm glad I have my reservation too.

Hey guys and gals.
I have a question about how these are done.

Are ALL rides and attractions open during these events? or just the haunted houses and select attractions?

We are trying to figure out if we can use one of these extended nights to see everything?

We arrive in Orlando at 1pm but have to go to Disney first to check in and all that. we would be arriving before 4pm hopefully at US/IoA on Sunday the 29th.

Would everything in both parks be open if you had a parkhopper? or is this only in US area and only select attractions?

Thanks for any answers.

Hey guys and gals.
I have a question about how these are done.

Are ALL rides and attractions open during these events? or just the haunted houses and select attractions?

We are trying to figure out if we can use one of these extended nights to see everything?

We arrive in Orlando at 1pm but have to go to Disney first to check in and all that. we would be arriving before 4pm hopefully at US/IoA on Sunday the 29th.

Would everything in both parks be open if you had a parkhopper? or is this only in US area and only select attractions?

Thanks for any answers.
HHN is only in the Studios park so IOA is unaffected. During the event, there are six attractions open this year: Mummy, MIB, The Simpsons, Transformers, Despicable Me and the Rockit coaster...in addition to the HHN houses and shows. The Studios will close at 5PM on nights when HHN is staged and unless you have a valid HHN ticket for that night, you will be asked to leave the park at that time. IOA is open until 7PM so you could there once the Studios closes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter