• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Halloween Horror Nights 2013

HHN and tickets question. My wife and I are going to buy APs, 1 Preferred and 1 Power Pass since we are going in a few weeks and plan on going back in November as well as next year for HP expansion. We also have my sister and her husband going this HHN only. Would the best option be to purchase Annual Passes for us now and let my sister and her husband order multi day tickets online now and then day we get there use our AP to get discounted stay and scream tickets? I welcome any and all suggestions.

HHN and tickets question. My wife and I are going to buy APs, 1 Preferred and 1 Power Pass since we are going in a few weeks and plan on going back in November as well as next year for HP expansion. We also have my sister and her husband going this HHN only. Would the best option be to purchase Annual Passes for us now and let my sister and her husband order multi day tickets online now and then day we get there use our AP to get discounted stay and scream tickets? I welcome any and all suggestions.
Anyone can get HHN tickets at the S & S discount...they just need to have park tickets. With your Preferred AP, you can purchase up to six tickets (theme park and HHN) with your discount. It may be cheaper to go that route...you'd have to do the math.

I have to pick up my HHN tickets from will call. What time should I plan to leave WDW and arrive at Universal? We are going on Thursday night and have express passes. I know the event starts at 630pm and ends at midnight. I would like to hit all 8 houses and shows and hopefully a few rides. Do you think that is possible? What is the best touring strategy to do as much as possible that night?

I have to pick up my HHN tickets from will call. What time should I plan to leave WDW and arrive at Universal? We are going on Thursday night and have express passes. I know the event starts at 630pm and ends at midnight. I would like to hit all 8 houses and shows and hopefully a few rides. Do you think that is possible? What is the best touring strategy to do as much as possible that night?
I think you should leave around 4:30PM...you're travelling right in the middle of rush hour on I-4 so allow plenty of time for delays.

That's going to be tough to do everything in a single night but I guess it could be done...I wouldn't try it though...LOL.

As far as the houses go, start with The Cabin in the Woods (which is the first house you come to) and then work your way around. Do the soundstage houses then move around the back of the park and finish up near T-2. I would do the houses/shows first...you can ride attractions anytime.

If I'm going with my friends on the nights of the 18th & 19th and we don't have express pass but are staying on property and get in a little earlier...will we be able to do/see everything in 2 nights? :)

If I'm going with my friends on the nights of the 18th & 19th and we don't have express pass but are staying on property and get in a little earlier...will we be able to do/see everything in 2 nights? :)
That's during Hell Week and it's a Friday/Saturday...it's gonna be tough. Getting in early will definitely help but the lines will get long pretty quickly. Do what you can the first night and then come back ready to go on Saturday night.

That's during Hell Week and it's a Friday/Saturday...it's gonna be tough. Getting in early will definitely help but the lines will get long pretty quickly. Do what you can the first night and then come back ready to go on Saturday night.

What's Hell week at Univesral?

::yes:: like Metro said-HELL WEEK.The lines are like 60min long within a hour of opening.

Had no choice in picking the night we'd hit HHN it had to be the 18th. Only able to do one night. Grand daughter's 16th birthday and this is the one thing she wanted for her birthday. Hate to hear it's going to be a bad night. We do have S&S passes and EP. Do you think we'll be able to hit all the houses? :scared:

hit the houses once the park is open to the stay and scream peeps.

buy the express pass and use them once the lines start to reach 45 minutes.

this will better your chance of hitting all the houses at least once.

don't do rides but concentrate on the houses and a show if possible.

S&S helps a lot,look thru the posts to see what way to go 1"st this year and do not use your EP's till you see 90mins or more.You can probally catch Bill&Teds if done right.Just do not waste time in scarezones you can see them after the houses.HTH

friday the 18th, hhn closes at 2:00 am.

if you are let out of the stay and scream holding pen at 6:00, you will have 8 hours to do the entire park.

8 houses can be done if you have the ep.
the first 2 houses can be done quickly if you are ahead of the pack when let out of the holding section.

could be about 30 minutes tops to obtain that.

if you wait until the lines are 90 minutes wait for the rest of the houses, you won't be seeing everything in the park.

if you buy the ep and then use them when house line waits are 30-45 minutes, you could see it all before closing.

and, have some time left over to work in a show, get something to eat, shop for a hhn tshirt, etc.

that is how i see it.
you'll always get opinions based on how a crowded night can be accomplished.
i just share how i have done it when a park is really packed for hhn.

friday the 18th, hhn closes at 2:00 am. if you are let out of the stay and scream holding pen at 6:00, you will have 8 hours to do the entire park. 8 houses can be done if you have the ep. the first 2 houses can be done quickly if you are ahead of the pack when let out of the holding section. could be about 30 minutes tops to obtain that. if you wait until the lines are 90 minutes wait for the rest of the houses, you won't be seeing everything in the park. if you buy the ep and then use them when house line waits are 30-45 minutes, you could see it all before closing. and, have some time left over to work in a show, get something to eat, shop for a hhn tshirt, etc. that is how i see it. you'll always get opinions based on how a crowded night can be accomplished. i just share how i have done it when a park is really packed for hhn.

Is there a closing time schedule somewhere?

Is there a closing time schedule somewhere?

if you go to the hhn website, click on the interactive calendar.
it will list the hhn hours on that.

www.halloweenhorrornights.com

fridays, saturdays, hhn closes at 2:00 am

sundays at 1:00 am on most dates.
last two sundays at 2:00 am

wednesday hours are midnight i believe.

came back to add that during hell week, hours are longer than the rest of the month on some of the dates.

For those of you who are curious about the houses, YouTube has some videos from the media event. The media event lets media personnel from magazines and YouTube to videotape the inside of the houses. You will see a complete walk through of all the houses. I personally don't recommend it because it will ruin your in park experience. Thus I won't post the links here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter