• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Halloween 2011. Oct 29th on the Magic

What bar??? Is it the Canadian one? haha

Yeah I am a little bummed... was looking forward to Frozen chocolate covered key lime pie on a stick on Halloween eve (been looking forward to that pie for a year!!!)... and being in Cozumel nearish Day of the Dead.

At least they're giving us Tortola as an unusual port. I am not a fan of St Thomas (it's boring and since it's "in" the US the people aren't even that nice!)... so I am hoping the British Virgin Islands are better!

I don't know the name of it but its next to the Blue B*tch Bar on the beach.

I don't know the name of it but its next to the Blue B*tch Bar on the beach.

hrmmm ok we might look around and check it out since we have nothing else to do. Our last 2 Caribbean cruises were Easterns so we were looking forward to the change.

Well,

Those tickets we bought on our own for the Old Towne Trolley in KW and Boatswains in GC aren't looking so good anymore. I guess I'll have some phone calls to make.

I'm just glad they switched it now instead of waiting til we get there. At least I have some time to try to figure out what we will do in the new ports.

For you Eastern veterans, any good family things to do at either port? Kids are 5,8,9, & 11.

well looks like we are switching to a dolphin encounter on Tortola and the nude beach on St.Marteen:rotfl2:, since it says that kids of all ages can go.
Ok maybe just the Island tour and shopping there.:lmao:

This kind of ruined the snorkelling plans we had with the boys but oh well at least we are on vacation.

I'm a little bummed as well....Wally more than me....but I am just glad that we will be able to get off the ship somewhere.....I was worried they were going to sail around for 7 days:laughing:

So now and try to find some new excersion to do....

:banana::banana:

well,gotta do the research about what excursions to do on the new ports. I am just glad to be on vacation. We have never been to either part of the carribean.

I am off work for the next ten days!!!:dance3:

The kids need formal clothes now because our Palo willbe on the semi-formal instead of the formal night.
Well,time to research:surfweb:
Crutches???? what happened????

well,gotta do the research about what excursions to do on the new ports. I am just glad to be on vacation. We have never been to either part of the carribean.

I am off work for the next ten days!!!:dance3:

The kids need formal clothes now because our Palo willbe on the semi-formal instead of the formal night.
Well,time to research:surfweb:
Crutches???? what happened????

When I called DCL today the rep said that they would try to work with everyone on changing Palo bookings to meet their needs with the change.

St. Maartin - my favorite jewelry store is there. I would have budgeted different, but I guess since my planned excursions are a no go, I can use that money. We may do nothing other than wander the port in St. Maarten but I would like to do something in Torotla - I hear Virgin Gorda is good for snorkeling. Since I sprained the good knee (other one needs replaced but I am holding out) I don't think I could bet myself back into a boat so snorkeling is out of me but I can beach it.

Having a grand time at WDW - Ben, Kristie and David took turns all day pushing me in the wheelchair that Wilderness Lodge gave me (I must look like a risky guest that might fall) but works for me.

See everyone Saturday - it isn't what we thought but it will be grand none the less.

I JUST finished my last FE! :yay::banana::yay::banana:

It was a lot of work but it kept me so entertained and thinking of this Disney Cruise.

I have to work tomorrow but I asked them that if they need to cancel anyone to please call me first... so this is the first time I am looking forward to a phone call at 5am. :laughing: I would love to have the extra day off so that I can do a bit of homework on the new ports. Plus... I still need to pack and we fly out on Friday night.

Well, going to bed... goodnight all. We are almost there!!!! So excited! :banana::banana:

Ok Tortola does not look super exciting for stuff to do. If we do not find something to do there maybe we could get a group of us and just go walk around and check stuff out.

I don't see a lot of options for us in Tortola either. My kids are not great with water, so that rules out most of the open water type snorkeling. We may just end up with some sort of island tour. I'd love to do the dolphins encounter, but it would set us back nearly $900 for that alone. Ouch.

It is a beautiful place though. My wife and I were there about 15 years ago. I would highly recommend the Baths for anyone open to snorkeling. It's absolutely amazing.

I think we're going to do the semi-submarine and island tour in St Maarten.

Back to the research....

I also just realized that my rum purchase plan is wrecked. I was planning on picking up some rum on Sunday in Key West so I wouldn't have to bring it along. I really don't like the idea of packing it for our flight in to Orlando. But 2 1/2 days at sea could become pretty costly for even a couple cocktails a day. Taking a cab from the airport on Friday night to get a bottle would probably negate any savings from bringing it on the ship. Maybe it's time to go to vacation mode and just not worry about it. Drink(s) of the Day, anyone?:thumbsup2

Jastza, the last 4 cruises I have been on alot of people wore "Sunday best" cloths to Palo. Kids can get away with dresses(girl) and dress shirt and pants(boys). Our kids don't have fun at Palo, so kids club for them and nice dinner out for the parents.
I was told that the frozen key lime pie on a stick place closed down this summer:mad:

Jastza, the last 4 cruises I have been on alot of people wore "Sunday best" cloths to Palo. Kids can get away with dresses(girl) and dress shirt and pants(boys). Our kids don't have fun at Palo, so kids club for them and nice dinner out for the parents.
I was told that the frozen key lime pie on a stick place closed down this summer:mad:

All of them closed? There are multiples. I know when we were there last time one was closed cause the shop owners were on vacation... was it like that?

Just a quick good morning and we are off to Epcot. Sun is shining and I am on vacation. Tortola will be an adventure and if we do something other than wonder around, it will be with DCL. And I need to see how mobile I am as well. Would LOVE to do some snorkeling but I don't think I could get back in the boat.

Enjoy your day!

I have no idea what we are going to do at either port. Ive never been. Now I want t see both their beaches. Tortola we might get taxi and go to nearesy beach. But I still want to check with disney first. I bought my ticket to boatswain already so I hope they give me a refund.

Last night the boys and I went to medieval knights. Soooo much fun!

Today we'll be at mnsshp . Even though I have passes I dont want to go to the parks before that.
Tomorrow seaworld!

Ok, I am very jealous of all you guys at Disney and enjoying....I am at work....yes, feel bad for me!!! boo hoo......

Havent fully decided what we are going to do, was thinking maybe Orient beach in St Maarten....Tortola their is an sea and land tour, but I havent run that past Wally yet.....maybe we will just wing it and walk around and do our own thing???? Well we have time to think out it....like 2 days!!!!

later
have to go....cuz I'm still at work!!!:sad2:

I have no idea what we are going to do at either port. Ive never been. Now I want t see both their beaches. Tortola we might get taxi and go to nearesy beach. But I still want to check with disney first. I bought my ticket to boatswain already so I hope they give me a refund.

Last night the boys and I went to medieval knights. Soooo much fun!

Today we'll be at mnsshp . Even though I have passes I dont want to go to the parks before that.
Tomorrow seaworld!

Marisol,

If you have any success with Boatswains, please let me know. I'll do the same. I have tix for our family of 6. Hate to just walk away from that $$.

Steve

Wow!!!

Just got off the phone with Boatswains and Trusted Tours (Old Towne Trolley in KW). So easy!

Boatswains will reverse the charge immediately.

For Trusted Tours, there's a form on their website and they'll refund without any hassle.

Both were really friendly and understanding.

Now I really want to go back for a Western cruise!!

I am so glad yo were ale to get your mney back!! I spent the day getting my nails and hair done with my girls.
My oldest is watching my baby===yorkie and she took her home tonight. I miss her already. My dd says she just sits by their door. I hope she will be okay for a week.
Got lots to do tomorrow then we leave as soon as Zac gets out of school. We will see you all SOON!!!!:thumbsup2

Good morning from cloudy, rainy WDW. Or so the weather page says. It is couldy but I see no rain from where I am sitting. I had hoped to ditch my wheelchair for today and just navigate on my crutches but I am not so sure at this point. Maybe I will take both.

Spent yesterday at the F&W - had a great time. LeCellier for dinner last night, I am still full. Today we have Teppan Edo for lunch and then Narcoosee's for dinner (bet I didnt' spell that right, so sorry). Hope the rain stays away and - have you all heard - we are going on a cruise tomorrow!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter