• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Halloween 2011. Oct 29th on the Magic

Annette: sorry your unable to come home as planned, that can be a big let down, but at least you know that you will be better once they do discharge you.

Marisol: sorry to hear about your job. when is this economy every going to get better? But at least you did get something from the company, so that does help. Cobra insurance....they will let you keep "their" insurance, but you have to pay for it......

Gail is your dad doing ok?

going out after work tonite with part of the office for dinner...so these things kinda drag on a little, I normally dont get home until almost 9pm so most likely will not post later on tonite.

gotta run, phone are a ringing

have a good one

at least the weather is beautiful - indian summer has arrived :woohoo:

Denise:banana:

hello to all..

Annette I'm glad all is going well!!! :banana:

soooooo my department was eliminated as of yesterday...so what I thought was going to happen did happen..I had a good run 10yrs for the same company..I have a nice long severance package..so I'll be on the cruise with some money to spend...I start my phlebotomy classes in Nov..and should be ready to work after that...I'm running errands today...but I had to turn in my laptop and cell phone..wahhhhh...so now I have to figure out how to buy a cheap cheapy laptop...I only do couple things on internet...facebook, disboards, disney anything websites..toyrsus, ebay, craigslist and photobucket..so I have no need for a desktop pc. I saw walmart had a cheap one for $300...I'll see what happens..

anyways...I'm okay..I feel relieved that I got a severence package and so did my part time staff.....I'm still nervous as I don't have any benefits..so today and rest of this week I'll be figuring out what to do...they mentioned Cobra? I have no idea what that is...so we'll see..

on the plus side...I went to consignment shop and found khaki slacks for miguel so now the boys have a nice outfit for formal night..i mean its not a suit or tuxedo..but they;'ll be on the dressy side.

annnnd I'm almost done with my FE gifts. and my magnets are all put together.

just have to make my luggage tags...and I cannot find an orange tee for my little one so I might not make matching shirts for us...thats too bad...anyway..they'll have their swimsuits on when we board.

oh and did I mention we are going to Legoland that friday instead? yea...I might even through in seaworld the day before. and for sure I'm doing MNSSHP...just gotta decide how soon I want to do it....:banana:

Only thing is Im still debating on my april cruise...I want to keep it..the money's not due till mid January..so we'll see what happens.

Marisol,

Sorry to hear about your job.

I'm new to this sort of thing--this is my first post, so bear with me if I mess up on protocols. It's not intentional.

My wife, 4-year-old daughter and I are going on the Magic cruise over Halloween. I read on these boards about the pillowcase/autograph process and I think I understand the process.

I'm going to get a pillowcase autographed for my daughter, of course. My sister has two daughters and one stepdaughter that are within a couple of years of my daughter. She also has a baby.

My sister has made some questionable choices. A few years ago a fire destroyed her house and she lost everything. (Thankfully everyone made it out). Soon thereafter she got involved with a man on the internet and she divorced her husband (the father of the two oldest girls). She then moved to Baltimore, where she has no family, to be with the internet boyfriend. She got pregnant (the baby) and left the man, returning to Florida.

After returning she got involved with yet another man. He seems OK but has a daughter of his own (the stepdaughter). They plan to get married 11/11/11, but as of today they haven't done anything in terms of preparation.

I love my sister and have tried my best to support her. All of these kids are as sweet as can be. They're loving, bright children who are victims of circumstance. I thought it would be nice to give them personalized pillowcases too. They're all such big fans of all the Disney characters and movies.

I've read in lots of places that there's a two-pillowcase maximum per stateroom. That would mean I'm two short if I want to have one done for my daughter and her three older cousins. I know it's a weird request, but is there anyone out there who isn't planning to have anything signed who would be willing to take my two remaining pillowcases to be signed? I'll provide everything--the markers, the candy "tip", the note, of course the pillowcases--all I need is someone to turn them in and meet up with me on the last day so I can retrieve them. I'd be willing to compensate anyone kind enough to do this for me.

I think it would mean alot to the girls if they could have their own personalized autographed pillowcases. I've tried to come up with another plan, but I haven't been able to think of anything that I could be sure would work. I appreciate everyone reading this, and sorry the post is so long. Thanks.

we would be glad to help, we are not planning on having anything autographed this year. So if you wanted to meet we are all meeting in the promenade lounge at 3pm you can get with me then and we can go turn it in.
just let me know and we can talk.

we would be glad to help, we are not planning on having anything autographed this year. So if you wanted to meet we are all meeting in the promenade lounge at 3pm you can get with me then and we can go turn it in.
just let me know and we can talk.

I can't thank you enough. I'll definitely meet you at the lounge. This means a lot to me, and I know it will mean even more to the girls. :worship: Here's hoping I did the little smilie right! If there's anything else I should know I would appreciate any advice--this is our first Disney cruise. We're going to surprise our little one, hopefully until the the time we check in. Thank you so much!

Dave Gould
Tampa

Happy Wednesday!! Jastza and I can't wait for the cruise. She dressed me up last night in my costume. She was laughing the entire time. Guess that was ok since yesterday was her birthday.

Well time to go get some work done, later!!

ok so we have our meeting list and our FE list

I need to make sure we are doing the FE right so i dont have my wonderful DW go crazy.

we are getting a gifts for everyroom, they will be different depending on who is in the room. we are palnning one gift bag per room. looks like we have 15 rooms total, so the pile of stuff gets larger and larger.

if we are doing anything different please let me know, Jamie still has her hair but we are still a few weeks out, it may be pulled out by the time the trip gets here if she doesnt get everything done the way she has it planned.

Morning all:

Well we are getting some nice warm temps today, high 82....love indian summers:lovestruc if they could last another 4 months I would be sooo happy...:goodvibes

Well we are down to 23days...I still have a lot to do around the house and still a few more things to purchase, but I know that it will all fall into place.

Well have a good day all

later
Denise:banana::banana::banana:

Hey everyone!
Annette- I hope you get to come home soon. We are so excited to see you guys, and mom and dad!:goodvibes

Marisol- sorry about your job. We are praying for you!

Dave- check your private messages, I think CricketMom sent you one.

skyman8963- FE is really up to you! Some people do every day, some do a few days of gifts, and some do one day. We did every day on our last cruise and it was a lot! We are opting for 2 times on this trip. But it is up to you!

Our countdown chain is getting so much smaller and the kids are going crazy!!!:cool1: Is anyone parking at the port? We usually do, but thinking of doing parkandcruise instead. The difference is over $60! That's alot of frozen cocktails! LOL!!!:woohoo: We would probably drop mom off at the port first since she has an ECV and it may be hard for her to do a shuttle. Not sure. Anythoughts???
So, did anyone sign up for any excursions????

Good morning!

Marisol - so sorry to hear about your job but it is good that they are taking care of you as sometimes there is no severance.

FE's - I will only do one day and depending on the occupants of the cabin, it may be multiple gifts.

Dad update - well, his heart is doing well and that seems to have taken care of his breathing issues. But, he had a clot in his pic line so they needed to work on that as well as there was something going on with the stint he has in his (by his) liver/pancreus. I tried calling last night but no answer so he could have been sleeping - or ignoring it. Just seems to be one thing after another - but thank heaven the all appear to be little things.

Work has been super busy but that is a good thing. Nothing else to report from here so take care all and have a great day.

Just got an email from JanDave - she spoke with the cruise director regarding trick or treating on our cruise and this is what she wrote to me.

Gail - I asked Peter the cruise director about your 10/29/11 cruise and he said trick or treating will be on Halloween, 10/31. When I mentioned that is formal night, he said formal night will be changed. He said you can't have trick or treating on any other night then 10/31.

Now, I can't say as that is gospel, but that is what I know.

Just got an email from JanDave - she spoke with the cruise director regarding trick or treating on our cruise and this is what she wrote to me.

Gail - I asked Peter the cruise director about your 10/29/11 cruise and he said trick or treating will be on Halloween, 10/31. When I mentioned that is formal night, he said formal night will be changed. He said you can't have trick or treating on any other night then 10/31.

Now, I can't say as that is gospel, but that is what I know.

Sounds good to me! :banana:

Marisol, so sorry about your job! Glad you got some severance though!

Annette, you have such a good attitude! Hope you'll be heading home soon!

ok so we have our meeting list and our FE list

I need to make sure we are doing the FE right so i dont have my wonderful DW go crazy.

we are getting a gifts for everyroom, they will be different depending on who is in the room. we are palnning one gift bag per room. looks like we have 15 rooms total, so the pile of stuff gets larger and larger.

if we are doing anything different please let me know, Jamie still has her hair but we are still a few weeks out, it may be pulled out by the time the trip gets here if she doesnt get everything done the way she has it planned.

I must be totally off some how, I count 18 rooms, not including the two additional rooms I personally added for people who were late joining and our room.

Can someone confirm what they have as well?

Well I had some time so I will start the list:

If you are interested in participating in the Fish Extender Gift Exchange, please provide ages of the children, and who you are traveling with ie dh40 (husband 40), Ds 4 (Son), DD 3 (daughter). This information helps us decide what to buy or make that’s age/gender appropriate.

cut off date to participate in FE is Sept 15th

MommaMouse411 (Marisol), DS3 (Miguel) DS1 (Manuel) participating Cabin #6319

Sumlee (Summer), DH (Bryan), DS9 (Andrew), DS6 (Logan), DD3 (Hannah), DD5mo (Clair). Nana (Tena), Papa (Kevin) participating Cabin #5022 & #5024

acourtwdw (41), Dsister (43), Ddad (66) and Dmom (65) participating Cabin #6000

GlindaMood (Gail) & DH (david) participating Cabin #5150

Sailworkless & DW, DD11, DD9, DD5, DS8Participating

Meagon2222 (Barb) & DH (Jim), DS7 (Spencer), DS6 (Christian) participating Cabin #8542

Higginsfamily(Desiree), DH(Roger) and DD5(McKenna) participating Cabin #6146

SMFFMS Participating

Cricketmom participating Cabin #6142

skyman8963 (Skyler), DW (Jamie), DS9 (Ethan), DS4 (Caden) participating Cabin #1038

TimmerK & DH (Tim & Tracey) participating Cabin #5650

B521028 (Tammy) & DH (David) participating (Room Not Assigned Yet)

Kamgen (Kamy), DH (Stephen), DS6 (Ryan), DS4 (Liam) participating Cabin #6109

Mika & DD13 (Imani), DD9 (Skylar)participating Cabin #2052

NYANA (Ana), DH (Rudy) and DMom(Ada), DDad(Felix) participating Cabin #6612 & 6614

Marisol,

I noticed JonetteA was not on your list and according to their post a while back they were participating. Has that changed?

Desiree

YAY!!!! All my emails have paid off!!! Here is a copy of what I was sent from DCL today!! Formal night was changed (thank goodness!!!) and Halloween will be celebrated on the 31st (as it should be!)
see below!

Dear Kamy,

Thank you for your e-mail.

First of all, we regret we did not answer your original request in a
prompt manner. It is not our intent to upset our loyal Disney Cruise
Line Guests.

In reviewing your previous email, I see you were requesting additional
information regarding the Halloween festivities on the ship.

I would be happy to assist with information regarding Halloween on the
ship.

Several “spooktacular” events will be taking place onboard. Events may
include:

*Family Trick or Treating
*Themed parties for children and teens
*Halloween Party with costume contest

All Guests are invited to wear their best Halloween costumes; however,
we ask that you choose costumes which are not obstructive or offensive.
To avoid any disappointment or delay in your boarding process, we ask
that when considering costume options you refrain from bringing toys or
props that resemble guns, knives or other related implements, as these
items will not be permitted onboard.

The special activities noted above can be experienced your sailing on
the Disney Magic on October 29, 2011.

As far as the dining attire for your cruise, please note the following:

On 7-night Western Caribbean cruise sailing on October 29, 2011:
*Nights 1, 2, 3, & 7: cruise casual (Halloween Costumes may be worn on
Night 3)
*Night 6: "formal night" - formal wear for men: tuxedo or suit; for
women: gown or dress
*Night 5: pirate night with deck party - cruise casual or bring your
best pirate outfit!
*Night 4: "semi-formal night" - semi-formal wear for men: suit/jacket;
for women: dress or pantsuit.

As you can see, Halloween Costumes will be worn on October 31st; thus,
that will be the night it will be celebrated. However, with that being
said, there could be other events taking place on the ship. We ask that
you please check your Personal Navigator once onboard for other events,
times, and locations.

I hope this information has been helpful. If you require further
assistance in planning your visit, please feel free to contact us.

Yay, Kamy! That's great news! Thanks!!! I think that deserves FIVE naughty bananas!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

alright Kamy!!!!!! this is great news!!! woop woop!!! now I can get off the ship at Key West and go to the butterfly conservatory..

as for the FE...I have asked several times for those folks that wanted to participate to let me know..I couldn't swron JonettaA said no..I'll have to find her post.

I am counting 19 cabins (thats including Maxxumuser/Jatza)

I'm waiting on B521028 Tammy to let me know cabin # and I think Sailworkless is off the cruise...I can't find his post but I swore he said he not doing FE.

and Shannon (SMFFMS) I have her cabin number just have to update..

YAY!!!! All my emails have paid off!!! Here is a copy of what I was sent from DCL today!! Formal night was changed (thank goodness!!!) and Halloween will be celebrated on the 31st (as it should be!)
see below!

Dear Kamy,

Thank you for your e-mail.

First of all, we regret we did not answer your original request in a
prompt manner. It is not our intent to upset our loyal Disney Cruise
Line Guests.

In reviewing your previous email, I see you were requesting additional
information regarding the Halloween festivities on the ship.

I would be happy to assist with information regarding Halloween on the
ship.

Several “spooktacular” events will be taking place onboard. Events may
include:

*Family Trick or Treating
*Themed parties for children and teens
*Halloween Party with costume contest

All Guests are invited to wear their best Halloween costumes; however,
we ask that you choose costumes which are not obstructive or offensive.
To avoid any disappointment or delay in your boarding process, we ask
that when considering costume options you refrain from bringing toys or
props that resemble guns, knives or other related implements, as these
items will not be permitted onboard.

The special activities noted above can be experienced your sailing on
the Disney Magic on October 29, 2011.

As far as the dining attire for your cruise, please note the following:

On 7-night Western Caribbean cruise sailing on October 29, 2011:
*Nights 1, 2, 3, & 7: cruise casual (Halloween Costumes may be worn on
Night 3)
*Night 6: "formal night" - formal wear for men: tuxedo or suit; for
women: gown or dress
*Night 5: pirate night with deck party - cruise casual or bring your
best pirate outfit!
*Night 4: "semi-formal night" - semi-formal wear for men: suit/jacket;
for women: dress or pantsuit.

As you can see, Halloween Costumes will be worn on October 31st; thus,
that will be the night it will be celebrated. However, with that being
said, there could be other events taking place on the ship. We ask that
you please check your Personal Navigator once onboard for other events,
times, and locations.

I hope this information has been helpful. If you require further
assistance in planning your visit, please feel free to contact us.

Glad that mystery is solved - and it even matches what the CD told Jan so everyone appears to be on the same page - and in the same book no less.

alright Kamy!!!!!! this is great news!!! woop woop!!! now I can get off the ship at Key West and go to the butterfly conservatory..

as for the FE...I have asked several times for those folks that wanted to participate to let me know..I couldn't swron JonettaA said no..I'll have to find her post.

I am counting 19 cabins (thats including Maxxumuser/Jatza)

I'm waiting on B521028 Tammy to let me know cabin # and I think Sailworkless is off the cruise...I can't find his post but I swore he said he not doing FE.

and Shannon (SMFFMS) I have her cabin number just have to update..

I was not aware that Sailworkless had backed out but with that info, I am all off kilter too as I have 18 - with maxxumuser and jatza added in and I counted myself. Aren't Annette's folks participating as well?

see below!

:worship:Thank you so much for posting this and taking the initiative to write to Disney. I have called several times but could never get a real response.

:woohoo:I am now even more excited than ever to be cruising in a couple of weeks.

I have completed all my FE gifts, my FE has been ordered and should be delivered in a couple of days, our excursions have been scheduled, dress clothes and my husbands military uniforms dry cleaned and ready to go. Now just to figure out how to pack all this stuff and get it ready while my husband is TDY the entire week before we leave. (I think he planned this trip so he wouldn't have to help me pack :rolleyes:)

Well I had some time so I will start the list:

If you are interested in participating in the Fish Extender Gift Exchange, please provide ages of the children, and who you are traveling with ie dh40 (husband 40), Ds 4 (Son), DD 3 (daughter). This information helps us decide what to buy or make that’s age/gender appropriate.

cut off date to participate in FE is Sept 15th

MommaMouse411 (Marisol), DS3 (Miguel) DS1 (Manuel) participating Cabin #6319

Sumlee (Summer), DH (Bryan), DS9 (Andrew), DS6 (Logan), DD3 (Hannah), DD5mo (Clair). Nana (Tena), Papa (Kevin) participating Cabin #5022 & #5024

acourtwdw (41), Dsister (43), Ddad (66) and Dmom (65) participating Cabin #6000

GlindaMood (Gail) & DH (david) participating Cabin #5150

Sailworkless & DW, DD11, DD9, DD5, DS8Participating

Meagon2222 (Barb) & DH (Jim), DS7 (Spencer), DS6 (Christian) participating Cabin #8542

Higginsfamily(Desiree), DH(Roger) and DD5(McKenna) participating Cabin #6146

SMFFMS (Shannon), DH , jf(14), EF (5). Participating Cabin #2133

Cricketmom participating Cabin #6142

skyman8963 (Skyler), DW (Jamie), DS9 (Ethan), DS4 (Caden) participating Cabin #1038

TimmerK & DH (Tim & Tracey) participating Cabin #5650

B521028 (Tammy) & DH (David) participating (Room Not Assigned Yet)

Kamgen (Kamy), DH (Stephen), DS6 (Ryan), DS4 (Liam) participating Cabin #6109

Mika & DD13 (Imani), DD9 (Skylar)participating Cabin #2052

NYANA (Ana), DH (Rudy) and DMom(Ada), DDad(Felix) participating Cabin #6612 & 6614

I did a search on sailworkless and in April he asked to be added to the FE and as of August when he booked his Palo reservations he was still a go for the cruise. I haven't seen any posts from him since then so maybe he PM'd you.

1038 SKYMAN8963
2021 ACOURTWDW (Parents)
5022 SUMLEE
5024 SUMLEE (Parents)
5150 GLINDAMOOD
5650 TIMMERK
6000 ACOURTWDW
6056 JONETTEA
6109 KAMGEN
6142 CRICKETMOM
6146 HIGGINSFAMILY3
6319 MOMMAMOUSE411
6612 NYANA
6614 NYANA (Parents)
8542 MEAGON2222
0 SAILWORKLESS
0 SMFFMS
0 B521028
0 Mika710
8040 JASTZA
0 MAXXUMUSER

That is a total of 21 cabins. I thought that ACOURTWDW, NYANA and SUMLEE's parents were participating and had their cabins counted individually? If not that is probably why my count is so off. I have made some extras just in case.

Have we decided on a central cabin for a whiteboard so we can keep track of any room changes that may occur at port. I don't know how much I will be online the week before either as we will be at WDW and I really plan on disconnecting from the outside world as much as possible while on vacation. I will be at the DisMeet so hopefully I can get the updated scoop then if not.

Thanks again for keeping us all on track! Can't wait to meet you and the boys in a couple of weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter