Halloween 2011. Oct 29th on the Magic

Good morning everyone. Can you believe how close we are? Five more weeks. At this point, things can slow down a bit. I have a long wait until my next cruise. She's home too - check out the port cam.
http://portcanaveralwebcam.com/

Although long wait isn't really an accurate statement. The company I work for announced this years Christmas Party - he is taking all of us (and closing the office for two days) to Universal Studios! Plane tickets, hotel, park tickets, meals - the entire shebang. We started going to WDW in 1989, purchased DVC in 1993 and have gone either to the parks or on a cruise all but 2 of those years maybe but we have never been to Universal. I am really looking forward to it. We fly 12/08 and return 12/11. Quick sort of a trip but how awesome is that??

Well, have an awesome day. Beautiful here - I think fall is my favorite time of the year - next to cruisetime anyway ;).

Happy Birthday Meagan and David wow!! That's alot of birthdays for one day. Gail how cool to get a trip for Christmas!! I have been to Universal once. It was fun but not as good as Disney:rotfl2:
Good Saturday morning everyone!!
It's hard to beleive we are down to 5 weeks! I have so much to do before then but hope it goes fast. I am giving a Baby Shower for a co worker next Saturday and I have to work a million days including today:confused3w
Did we decide against the room tour? We got a free upgrade to categeory 4a if anyone would like to visit. We had booked a 5a since we have 2 teens and had points banked we had to use. I was excited about that but now I can't stop dancing:cool1:
Have to get ready for work ugh!

Wow Kathie - awesome upgrade! Anytime they would like to sprinkle a bit of pixie dust over Cadillac, I would happily accept it.

Happy Birthday Meagan and David wow!! That's alot of birthdays for one day. Gail how cool to get a trip for Christmas!! I have been to Universal once. It was fun but not as good as Disney:rotfl2:
Good Saturday morning everyone!!
It's hard to beleive we are down to 5 weeks! I have so much to do before then but hope it goes fast. I am giving a Baby Shower for a co worker next Saturday and I have to work a million days including today:confused3w
Did we decide against the room tour? We got a free upgrade to categeory 4a if anyone would like to visit. We had booked a 5a since we have 2 teens and had points banked we had to use. I was excited about that but now I can't stop dancing:cool1:
Have to get ready for work ugh!

Congrats on the upgrade! Is your upgrade on a DVC points reservation? If so that is unusual, they do not often upgrade people on points! Congrats!:cool1:

Good morning everyone. Can you believe how close we are? Five more weeks. At this point, things can slow down a bit. I have a long wait until my next cruise. She's home too - check out the port cam.
http://portcanaveralwebcam.com/

Although long wait isn't really an accurate statement. The company I work for announced this years Christmas Party - he is taking all of us (and closing the office for two days) to Universal Studios! Plane tickets, hotel, park tickets, meals - the entire shebang. We started going to WDW in 1989, purchased DVC in 1993 and have gone either to the parks or on a cruise all but 2 of those years maybe but we have never been to Universal. I am really looking forward to it. We fly 12/08 and return 12/11. Quick sort of a trip but how awesome is that??

Well, have an awesome day. Beautiful here - I think fall is my favorite time of the year - next to cruisetime anyway ;).

Wow what a nice boss you have.....congrats....

Kathie congrats on the upgrade....I dont mind doing the room tour...I have a normal vernadah, but anyone is more than welcome to come take a look.

lot of running today, and your guys are right, we have sooooo much to do in the next few weeks, it is really going to go fast now.

have a good one all

I just watched the magic leave port....:dance3:that will be us in a few weeks

Denise:banana:

I just watched the magic leave port....:dance3:that will be us in a few weeks

Denise:banana:

We watched as the Magic depart as well. I guess I know what I'll be doing Saturday afternoons for a while.

We also worked on our FE gifts and pack list.

Got our Cruise documents yesterday, and our Polynesian stuff today.

Good Morning! I missed watching the Magic sail last night - we went to the grocery at the wrong time. I will make sure that I am around for it next week.

We need to get to Home Depot today - we were going to stop there on the way home from the grocery store yesterday but the dogs were hot and ready to head home. I didn't realize that we were going to be in there so long or I would have left them at home. Hate it when DH goes, too much junk ends up in the cart.

Not much else to report - have laundry to finish and a kitchen that seems to be calling my name. Take care and enjoy!

Congrats on the upgrade! Is your upgrade on a DVC points reservation? If so that is unusual, they do not often upgrade people on points! Congrats!:cool1:

Yes it was a dvc points reservation and that is why I was so surprised about the upgrade. I had heard that they never give upgrafes to those who purchase with dvc points.

Good Morning all!!
I have to work but plan on working on Halloween costumes. Why is it that I am willing to dress up and dh and kids are less than happy about it. HMMM Sometimes I wish for the time when the kids were younger and thought mom was fun.:worship:

Is anyone else dressing up and what as? (If its not a secret)

Hi Kathie! DVC does upgrade sometimes - I have seen it but it doesn't seem as often as with others. We have never been upgraded - on points or not but that is OK - I book the cabin I want and whatever else there is is fluff. We will see how much time we spend on the verandah - could be I will be going back to inside cabins.

Not particularly cruise related but if anyone is still shopping and likes Lands End - you get 25% off and free shipping on orders over $50.00 - code is SAVEFF and the pin is 9132.

Yes it was a dvc points reservation and that is why I was so surprised about the upgrade. I had heard that they never give upgrafes to those who purchase with dvc points.

Good Morning all!!
I have to work but plan on working on Halloween costumes. Why is it that I am willing to dress up and dh and kids are less than happy about it. HMMM Sometimes I wish for the time when the kids were younger and thought mom was fun.:worship:

Is anyone else dressing up and what as? (If its not a secret)

Kathie:

We're planning on dressing-up as Dude and Walter from The Big Lebowski.

I won't say who will be who.

Thanks for all the BIRTHDAY WISHES- and Happy Birthday to those I missed... Sorry I have been off all weekend. Had my bday on Friday and spent the day with the family. Saw Dolphin Tale at AMC DTD and went to Ghiardelli for ice cream. Saturday we watched college football and today I am heading out to watch some NFL at BWW.:goodvibes

Congrats to the upgrades- wow! That is awesome. I always hope for one, but never seems to happen. Oh well, happy to be cruising!:thumbsup2

I sent a rather long and detailed complaint to DCL the other day about the "halloween issue". Doubt it will change anything but I had to get it off my chest;)

We are almost at the 30day mark...cannot believe it.

Afternoon all

Have been working on getting things organized for packing, I have come to the realization that I now need to go and buy a "larger" piece of luggage..I ended up, not all that long ago tossing my large piece as it was in horrible shape....so to the store I go....
Finally got Wally on board and we are getting all his stuff together....so we are getting there.

I have stew in the slow cooker and just cooked up a pot of chicken soup for the week....

Went to chicago this morning, visited with my dad, took him grocery shopping. So I have had a full day so far.

later
denise
:banana::banana:

Afternoon all

Have been working on getting things organized for packing, I have come to the realization that I now need to go and buy a "larger" piece of luggage..I ended up, not all that long ago tossing my large piece as it was in horrible shape....so to the store I go....

Finally got Wally on board and we are getting all his stuff together....so we are getting there.
I have stew in the slow cooker and just cooked up a pot of chicken soup for the week....
Went to chicago this morning, visited with my dad, took him grocery shopping. So I have had a full day so far.

later

denise

:banana::banana:

That is a full day!
We went to DTD to try and find a Halloween shirt for me as we go to MNSSHP On Friday, but they did not have my size. :sad2:
Then we ate lunch at Olivia's at Okw. That was EXCELLENT! Our first time trying it!
After that we went to the grocery store.

we got a upgrade we went from 7560 to 8542

My husband age is 49 and i am 33

Please make sure our room number is right it is 8542

can you change us please

Well I had some time so I will start the list:

If you are interested in participating in the Fish Extender Gift Exchange, please provide ages of the children, and who you are traveling with ie dh40 (husband 40), Ds 4 (Son), DD 3 (daughter). This information helps us decide what to buy or make that’s age/gender appropriate.

cut off date to participate in FE is Sept 15th

MommaMouse411 (Marisol), DS3 (Miguel) DS1 (Manuel) participating Cabin #6319

Sumlee (Summer), DH (Bryan), DS9 (Andrew), DS6 (Logan), DD3 (Hannah), DD5mo (Clair). Nana (Tena), Papa (Kevin) participating Cabin #5022 & #5024

acourtwdw (41), Dsister (43), Ddad (66) and Dmom (65) participating

GlindaMood (Gail) & DH (david) participating Cabin #5150

Sailworkless & DW, DD11, DD9, DD5, DS8Participating

Meagon2222 (Barb) & DH (Jim), DS7 (Spencer), DS6 (Christian) participating Cabin #7560

Higginsfamily(Desiree), DH(Roger) and DD5(McKenna) participating Cabin #6146

SMFFMS Participating

Cricketmom participating Cabin #6142

skyman8963 (Skyler), DW (Jamie), DS9 (Ethan), DS4 (Caden) participating Cabin #1038

TimmerK & DH (Tim & Tracey) participating Cabin #5650

B521028 (Tammy) & DH (David) participating

Kamgen (Kamy), DH (Stephen), DS6 (Ryan), DS4 (Liam) participating Cabin #6109

Mika & DD13 (Imani), DD9 (Skylar)participating Cabin #2052

NYANA (Ana), DH (Rudy) and DMom(Ada), DDad(Felix) participating Cabin #6612 & 6614

I feel like I am way off on my count for the FE. I created a spreadsheet a while back so I could try to track, names, ages, etc. I can't seem to post pictures directly to the thread so I am including a link to a photobucket which has the complete list I created. Can someone tell me who really is and isn't participating and if I got all the ages correct. I am trying to make sure I have some age appropriate gifts for the kids, teens and adults.

Thanks so much!

http://photobucket.com/Oct292011Cruise

I feel like I am way off on my count for the FE. I created a spreadsheet a while back so I could try to track, names, ages, etc. I can't seem to post pictures directly to the thread so I am including a link to a photobucket which has the complete list I created. Can someone tell me who really is and isn't participating and if I got all the ages correct. I am trying to make sure I have some age appropriate gifts for the kids, teens and adults.

Thanks so much!

Desiree,

What a great list!!!! Thanks for sharing. I was trying to do head counts for adults, children and babies and your list is perfect! Thanks!

By the way, my dad's (Felix) age is 68, not 80. I know that wouldn't change the gift age group so don't worry. haha

Thanks so much!

Wow! Cool spreadsheet! :thumbsup2 My family info looks correct other than Claire's name has an E on the end...probably doesn't matter... unless someone is personalizing something I guess.

Congrats to the upgrades! Niiiiiiiiiice! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter