• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Halloween 2011. Oct 29th on the Magic

We sail in 7 weeks:yay::yay::yay:

I can't wait. Spend last night with my dad at the ballpark watching our minor league team win. It was amazing after an hour and a half rain delay. They won the game when the last player hit a home run with 2 outs, 3 ball and 2 strikes bringing in the runner on 2nd. Talk about your nail bitters. If they lost the would have been out of the playoffs.

Whats everyone doing this weekend. I have homework, house work and grocery shopping on my list of things to do.

Who is making it off ebay? I love mine but had some issues with the fabric. If you pick something, you might ask her to send you pictures of the colors if the fabrics you pick are not available.

The seller is gradysmommy, she's from North Carolina and offers a number of fabric colors and embroidery options.

Well we got two pieces of good news yesterday: first, they reinstated OT, at least for the time being, so I'm working this afternoon to get some while the getting is good. Second, we reached a goal management has been pushing, so not only are we all getting a bit of a bonus, but they are processing them ASAP, so we could see them as early as the next paycheck. Both take a real load off figuring out our budget for the trip and give us a little breathing room when we get back.

Also, I ordered a bunch of stuff for the FE exchange and this morning we went to The Maryland Store to get some postcards and magnets for decorating our door.

We are getting REALLY EXCITED about the trip (OK, we've been REALLY EXCITED for about a year already).

The seller is gradysmommy, she's from North Carolina and offers a number of fabric colors and embroidery options.

Yep, that is who made mine. The embroidery is awesome as is the workmanship, I just wish I had know the fabrics could be different than what I picked from the options. The lime green that I thought I would get is almost yellow but it just isn't worth the hassle to me so I decided to keep it.

I sorta freaked out when I saw the 7 weeks posted - while I know it is 7 weeks, DH has done nothing about the FE gifts and I want to ship them as well so they need to be ready even a bit earlier. It won't take him probably but a day or two but I would much rather have them locked, packed and ready to ship than a figment in his imagination.

Nothing new to report. Four pounds of sloppy joe's were picked up around noon and went to feed the movers along with two batches of brownies and a few bags of chips. I am also down 2 dogs and 1 DH (at camp for a meeting but home soon)! We are heading over to have steak on the grill as soon as he gets home.

I just booked the cruise for Oct. 29th and my girls and I are VERY excited!!! Traveling in our party will be my daughters Imani (13)& Skylar (9) :banana: (she requested the dancing banana follow her name) and myself, Tamika. We have cruised before, 3 night cruise. We have been waiting for an opportunity to go on a longer cruise and this was the perfect opportunity. Hope to have an opportunity to meet up with some of you.

Welcome Tamika & family: Glad to have you joining us. My name is Denise and traveling with Wally...this is my thrid and Wally's second cruise....
Since we are getting so close we are all getting very excited....
We are having a dismeet at 3pm on the 29th in the promanade lounge, I'm the keeper of the list, so if your interested let me know and I will add you to to the list.

Well we got two pieces of good news yesterday: first, they reinstated OT, at least for the time being, so I'm working this afternoon to get some while the getting is good. Second, we reached a goal management has been pushing, so not only are we all getting a bit of a bonus, but they are processing them ASAP, so we could see them as early as the next paycheck. Both take a real load off figuring out our budget for the trip and give us a little breathing room when we get back.

Also, I ordered a bunch of stuff for the FE exchange and this morning we went to The Maryland Store to get some postcards and magnets for decorating our door.

We are getting REALLY EXCITED about the trip (OK, we've been REALLY EXCITED for about a year already).

Great news Tim, always love that kind of news.....

Gail have a great cook out....

I just made a apple pie, it smells really good, hopefully it will taste as good too.
I'm also making taco soup for dinner. yummy.....I guess by body clock is saying its fall.....Here comes all the fall food....

Have a good one all
Denise
:banana::banana:

Yea 7 weeks.....I cant believe it.....

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Skylar thoroughly enjoyed reading them.

Hi Denise (Keeper of the List), :) please add us. We will definitely be there.

Welcome Tamika & family: Glad to have you joining us. My name is Denise and traveling with Wally...this is my thrid and Wally's second cruise....
Since we are getting so close we are all getting very excited....
We are having a dismeet at 3pm on the 29th in the promanade lounge, I'm the keeper of the list, so if your interested let me know and I will add you to to the list.

Great news Tim, always love that kind of news.....

Gail have a great cook out....

I just made a apple pie, it smells really good, hopefully it will taste as good too.
I'm also making taco soup for dinner. yummy.....I guess by body clock is saying its fall.....Here comes all the fall food....

Have a good one all
Denise
:banana::banana:

Yea 7 weeks.....I cant believe it.....

What is taco soup? Inquiring minds want to know...

Welcome to Tamika and girls :)

Welcome Tamika and family!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. All this talk of apple pie and brownies is making me hungry!

We are still planning out excursions. Oh, I will be useing my old FE. Its not much to look at, I can't sew but it works. I did find some really cute gifts for the exchange today at Sams club. Its good to buy in bulk..lol..

Tammy

Dis Meet Cruise List:
Promanade Lounge 3pm
10-29-11

Glindamood - Gail and Dave
Dixielady908 - Denise & Wally
Mommamouse411 - Marisol & sons Miguel 3 & Manuelito 1
Kamgen - Kamy, Steve & sons Ryan 6 & Liam 4
Cricketmom - Vera (Kamy's Mom)
Skyman8963 - Skyler, Jamie & sons Ethan 9 & Caden 5
Meagon2222 - Barb, Jim & sons Spencer 7 & Christian 6
Higginsfamily3 - Desiree, Roger & daughter McKenna 5
SCdizneydawn - Dawn & Brian
Sumlee - Summer, Bryan & sons Andrew 9, Logan 6 daughters Hannah 3 and Claire 5months
also traveling Tena and Kevin
TimmerK - Tim and Tracey
Acourtwdw2 - Annette, Amanda, Lorraine and Clare
NYAna - Ana, Rudy, Ada & Felix
Mika710 - Tamika and daughters Imani 13 and Skylar 9
Jastza - Kathie, Scott, daughter Stephanie 16 and son Zac 12

Ok Taco soup.....its the easiest receipe and it taste's soooo good.

1 lb ground beef - brown, drained
1 - 20 oz can kidney beans w/ juice
1 - 16 oz sweet corn - w/ juice
1- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
2- pkgs taco seasoning....

pour the contents of the cans, along with the juice into a pot....
add the taco seasoning..

after browning and draining the ground beef ( I add some of the taco season to the meat) pour into the pot...cook until hot......done!!!

You can now add anything that you would normally like on a taco....

I cut up onions, use taco cheese, sour cream and chips....I crunch up the chips and throw them in my bowl...it is sooo good.

enjoy
Denise
:banana:

Good morning! Seven weeks from today - Key West! We will just have a relaxing day there, take a short walk and head back to the ship. Sad to say that there will not be any key lime pie on a stick (unless they open back up again).

Quiet day ahead for us I think. We still have an extra dog but all the boxes, paper and bubble wrap freak him out so he will stay until they get the lion share of that put away.

Postcard Exchange. All you need to do is purchase local to your area postcards, sign the back of them and distribute at some point on the ship. To participate, please send me a PM with your name and cabin number by October 1st. I will get the list back out to those participating by October 2nd.

Watching football and creating magnetic decorations for our stateroom door this afternoon.

If you haven't already, check out http://kids.woot.com/ today for a Disney themed surprise.

I can't believe we thought we were ready for a cruise last year, when we've learned so much in the last few weeks.

===Start of the sad part===

I don't think I mentioned this before, but we were booked on a 4-night Bahamas cruise on the Wonder last October 24th. Our plan was to drive down on Saturday the 23rd, stay at POP Century and board the Wonder the next day, then spend a few days at the Polynesian on the back-side of the trip. Literally 15 minutes before we were to leave (the car was packed and we were just counting the cats' heads) at 0430, my brother called my home phone - my parents had been in a bad car crash the night before and my Mom was still in surgery. Needless to say, we cancelled the trip.

Long story short - my parents were t-boned by a woman who ran a red light, Dad broke ribs and bit his tongue (he's fine now), Mom had a traumatic brain injury and never regained consciousness, after three surgeries and no sign of recovery, we took her off life-support two weeks later. We never figured my 81-year-old mother with Parkinson's would end up a homicide victim. The other driver pleaded guilty to vehicular homicide in July - no alcohol, drugs, speeding or cell-phone use, and her seven-year-old was in the car - she got five months in jail, suspended, one year probation plus community service, and now she faces the wrath of Medicaid and the other insurance companies plus my father's lawsuit.

My learnings:
(1) Always buy travel insurance.
(2) Always wear your seat belts, AND look both ways before crossing an intersection, even if you have a green.
(3) call your mother, NOW.

So, between all that, no vacations for a few years, budget-cuts at work and my diagnoses last month, we've been really looking forward to this trip.

not sure if I posted this or not, i have been busy and havnt been on for awhile. My wife would like to know if anyone has any allergies that she needs to be aware of so we do not give anyone any candy or flavored items that may get them sick. Please let us know.

so have i missed much lately, i will go back and read posts tonight.

Well we got two pieces of good news yesterday: first, they reinstated OT, at least for the time being, so I'm working this afternoon to get some while the getting is good.

I'm doing a lot of OT too! Just got a call from work asking me to work tomorrow so I am doing half a day OT! :-) 6 hours. My OT hours are adding up and I can't wait to see the checks. My job offers lots of OT hours and I really never work them but now that the cruise is getting close I am working as many OT hours that I can handle. I need to relax here and there sometimes. ;) The OT money will be for our Disney cruise! :cool1:

Good Monday everyone!

TimmerK and NYAna - way to go on the OT. Extra funds are always nice to have, especially these days.

Skylar - DH is diabetic but other than that, we have no issues. Thank you so much for asking.

TimmerK - I think it is too late to purchase trip insurance but I do/did the other two. Actually, I call my Mom every Sunday, always have.

Have a great day - our ship is on its way home!!

Good Monday morning:

Tim so sorry to hear about your folks and the accident.

Great on the OT.....just wish mine would, I did some OT the begining of the year....but thats done with now.....I'm thinking again next year as we will be starting a new electronic medical record system.

Great weekend....Wally and I made a batch of habanero salsa.....
I dont eat "hot" sutff but Wally does, we grow the peppers so we made this big batch....so that and :laundy: was about all I did yesterday.

Well another beautiful day here...too bad I'm at work:sad2: But at least we are getting to another week closer to the cruise :woohoo: and happy to hear that "our" ship is on the way home :yay:

Have a good day
later
Denise:banana::banana::banana:

Timmer....my mother was sitting in a back of a small honda...and they had to take the jaws of life to get her out...I was about 10 at the time. She broke all 7 bones in her neck..she's fine now...the drive was a drunk driver, with not fingers.

so what else can happen before my cruise: my alternator goes out...yea...i know..I am currently stuck at the mall...waiting for AAA to come tow me to my friends house to fix the alternator. So i'm saving money on having him do it..but there goes $150 from my spending money on my cruise...

so worse case scenario is I don't go to MNSSHP...OMG....I'm going to be sad if thats the case..but its that or I don't buy my costume ($60, I don't do brunch for sure $20, plus $18 nursery plus $10 tip)...I'm not ruling out MNSSHP yet..ahh it was so much easier when Miguel was 2yrs old!!!

Good Monday everyone!

TimmerK and NYAna - way to go on the OT. Extra funds are always nice to have, especially these days.

Skylar - DH is diabetic but other than that, we have no issues. Thank you so much for asking.

TimmerK - I think it is too late to purchase trip insurance but I do/did the other two. Actually, I call my Mom every Sunday, always have.

Have a great day - our ship is on its way home!!

Skylar - I am diabetic as well, so I won't partake in any sweets (well, maybe just a little), but no allergies here either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter