• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Halloween 2011. Oct 29th on the Magic

glindamood, our prayers are with you also.

My wife could use some prayers also if you can, her sister didnt make it all the way through her pregnancy and just lost her baby after 5 months. So she is going back to Columbus for a bit to spend time with her and be the rock for her family that she always is.

My wife could use some prayers also if you can, her sister didnt make it all the way through her pregnancy and just lost her baby after 5 months. So she is going back to Columbus for a bit to spend time with her and be the rock for her family that she always is.

Thanks - and prayers to Jamie, her sister and the rest of the family. So sad.

I am headed to Ohio this afternoon - oldest DS wants to go so we won't leave until about 4:00. Ben has to come home Sunday but I will stay.

Seems many of us need prayers right now. Sending prayers for Jamie and her sister too!!! That is heartbreaking.
And if you guys could say a prayer for my cousin Robert...not going to go into too many details, but he lost someone very close to him yesterday and is in a pretty dark place. He is up in MI and I cant be with him right now. Thanks guys!:goodvibes

Times like these make you look at things and be so thankful for the people you love and the opportunity to share life with them. That is why doing things like this cruise are so important to me and my family...time spent together is priceless....

wow...heavy prayers for all I'm definitely going to church this sunday...it seems everybody is going through something...

Skyman...my cousin just lost his baby at 5months premature ..the family is devastated. so i can only imagine.

I guess we are all in need of a vacation to decompress.

How very sad and devastating....done!! prayers will be sent..

Seems many of us need prayers right now. Sending prayers for Jamie and her sister too!!! That is heartbreaking.
And if you guys could say a prayer for my cousin Robert...not going to go into too many details, but he lost someone very close to him yesterday and is in a pretty dark place. He is up in MI and I cant be with him right now. Thanks guys!:goodvibes

Times like these make you look at things and be so thankful for the people you love and the opportunity to share life with them. That is why doing things like this cruise are so important to me and my family...time spent together is priceless....

Its never easy losing someone close...I hope things get better for him in time.
prayers sent to your cousin.

Denise

My thoughts and prayers are with all of the families who are having a trying time right now. It seems that we are all experiencing some type of crisis, whether it is illness, death, or financial it always makes us more appreciative of the time we have with our families.

We just found out that my husband may be deploying again in the next couple of months :sad1:. We are hoping that it will be after the cruise but we will not know until the time gets closer. I will be hoping that it won't happen until after mid-November but then he will miss Thanksgiving and Christmas again. This cruise was to celebrate a lot of family achievements so I am really praying we still get to go. I will continue to prepare for the cruise and finish some of my FE gifts (which came out much better than I anticipated) :woohoo: I also know my DD5 will be crushed if we don't get to go on the cruise and her daddy leaves all at the same time. I am so not looking forward to telling her bad news.

I am keeping the faith that everything will work out and that in 85 days we will be boarding the Magic and taking our first cruise. I can't believe that in 10 days we will finally be able to complete our on-line check in and hopefully get at least one meal at Palo. I am not keeping my hopes up for that though. I have heard the reservations are usually all gone by this time.

Well, I have rambled on enough for tonight. Hope everyone has a wonderful evening and an even better weekend.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of the families who are having a trying time right now. It seems that we are all experiencing some type of crisis, whether it is illness, death, or financial it always makes us more appreciative of the time we have with our families.

We just found out that my husband may be deploying again in the next couple of months :sad1:. We are hoping that it will be after the cruise but we will not know until the time gets closer. I will be hoping that it won't happen until after mid-November but then he will miss Thanksgiving and Christmas again. This cruise was to celebrate a lot of family achievements so I am really praying we still get to go. I will continue to prepare for the cruise and finish some of my FE gifts (which came out much better than I anticipated) :woohoo: I also know my DD5 will be crushed if we don't get to go on the cruise and her daddy leaves all at the same time. I am so not looking forward to telling her bad news.

I am keeping the faith that everything will work out and that in 85 days we will be boarding the Magic and taking our first cruise. I can't believe that in 10 days we will finally be able to complete our on-line check in and hopefully get at least one meal at Palo. I am not keeping my hopes up for that though. I have heard the reservations are usually all gone by this time.

Well, I have rambled on enough for tonight. Hope everyone has a wonderful evening and an even better weekend.

Desiree:

So sorry to hear about your husbands deployment....that is the one thing I really dislike about the military....deployments. I hope for your daughters sake that you do get to go, since her daddy will be leaving again. Its so hard on the little kids. Just hope things work out well and we all get to meet on the ship.

Denise

Desiree- I will pray for your family. I know this time as a family would be precious for you guys and, while I would have to see him miss Christmas with his dd, I will pray his deployment is AFTER you sail with us!:hug:

FWIW, I just looked at the Palo ressie's and found there are currently times available every night. It looks like the second sea day only has 6:30 and 8:30 available. The other days have most times open.

High Tea is not available at all.

Brunch shows only 11 on KW day and second Sea Day.

Good luck with everything!

Good morning from sunny Elyria! Dad was moved yesterday afternoon to the Cleveland Clinic for further evaluation - and it started even after he got there yesterday afternoon. On that front, I don't have anything else to report. We are going to see him this afternoon.

Desiree - prayers that it turns out as it should and he doesn't need to go until after.

Kamgen - prayers for your brother too. Wonder if in our trek from Cadillac to Ohio yesterday we went by where he is.

Nothing else to report. Delta changed our flights yet again but, for once, not really in a bad way. And I should not say that as I will go look and they will e horrible.

So, take care, enjoy your weekend and stay cool!

Good morning from sunny Elyria! Dad was moved yesterday afternoon to the Cleveland Clinic for further evaluation - and it started even after he got there yesterday afternoon. On that front, I don't have anything else to report. We are going to see him this afternoon.

Desiree - prayers that it turns out as it should and he doesn't need to go until after.

Kamgen - prayers for your brother too. Wonder if in our trek from Cadillac to Ohio yesterday we went by where he is.

Nothing else to report. Delta changed our flights yet again but, for once, not really in a bad way. And I should not say that as I will go look and they will e horrible.

So, take care, enjoy your weekend and stay cool!

gail, keep us posted on your dad....with all the prayers coming his way, hopeful we will be doing better soon.

rained this morning, they were not calling for rain until tomorrow so that kinda thru us, as our plan was to cut the lawn early this morning before it became to warm and muggy....so have to switch that plan around. Just got back from grocery shopping....and still havent decided what to do yet.

well have a good one all
denise
:banana::banana::banana:

SO, how many of us are there??? Havent looked or counted. Is everyone doing FE?

Might also be a good idea to list some of the activites we plan to particpate in, maybe we share interests and will meet up and some fun stuff!!!! :goodvibes
I will start with things I plan (or hope) to do while on board:

1. Spa Bingo and Jackpot Bingo
2. Animation Classes for family (DS is excited about this one)
3. Cove Cafe (last cruise we hit this place every morning, and again later!;))
4. Movies (we plan to see at least one movie, but will wait and see what is showing before we pick which)

Okay, will think of more stuff! LOL! :yay:

Might also be a good idea to list some of the activites we plan to particpate in, maybe we share interests and will meet up and some fun stuff!!!! :goodvibes

4. Movies (we plan to see at least one movie, but will wait and see what is showing before we pick which)

I was thinking the same thing but of course since we have never cruised before I'm really not 100% about all the things there are to do. From what I have accumulated so far I do plan or hope to do the following:

1. Visit the Spa at least once
  2. Movie (hopefully there will be something good playing)
  3. Animation Class (my DD is a budding artist)
  4. See at least one show (heard they are really good)

Other than that I haven't got a clue.
Can't wait to get my first cruise underway. The calendar seems to be slowing down even though I know it will be here sooner than I expect and I still have a million things to do. Packing list has been read and modified over 50 times, FE has been started but not finished and FE gift supplies have been ordered. Can't wait until the 15th when I can start making reservations (if any remain).

Just 83 days left! :cheer2:

SO, how many of us are there??? Havent looked or counted. Is everyone doing FE?

As far as I can tell there about 51 or so family members as part of the FE and there would be approximately 70 total family members if all families on the thread participate. As far as I can tell you and your family are not including in the list of FE participants.

Not sure if this is a large group or not. I've seen some meet threads with what seemed like the entire ship participating. Seems like a lot to me but then again this is my first cruise. Hopefully I can get all my FE projects done on time.

1. Cove Cafe for wine and cheese at 6pm most evenings
2. Rainforest room week long pass for both me and DH
3. possible we will do the Spa Villa for couples, saving for that now!:love:
4. Movies (PotC4 for sure!)
5. Lots of time at the adult pool, my favorite place in the WORLD!:thumbsup2

Sorry, we will not be doing the FE.

Dawn: I'm not doing the FE either, however, I am getting the meet list together, are you and your family going to meet with us? 3 pm promanade lounge saturday.....just pm me here on the boards to let me know..need all your family names who would be attending...

I havent even thought about what I want to to do on the ship....
I know on sea days, I will just be up on deck 10 doing nothing but laying around.
Maybe Bingo, I havent done it on the past 2 cruises so maybe...I really want to do a taste class....I did the martini last time and found it really fun and interesting (even tho I really dont like martini's)

I guess I better start thinking about that:thumbsup2

later all
Denise

Dawn: I'm not doing the FE either, however, I am getting the meet list together, are you and your family going to meet with us? 3 pm promanade lounge saturday.....just pm me here on the boards to let me know..need all your family names who would be attending...

I havent even thought about what I want to to do on the ship....
I know on sea days, I will just be up on deck 10 doing nothing but laying around.
Maybe Bingo, I havent done it on the past 2 cruises so maybe...I really want to do a taste class....I did the martini last time and found it really fun and interesting (even tho I really dont like martini's)

I guess I better start thinking about that:thumbsup2

later all
Denise

We do intend to be at the 3pm meet, it will be me and Dh, we do not have kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter