• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Halloween 2011. Oct 29th on the Magic

Gail - I will say a prayer for your dad.:hug:

Well, it is official! We are cruising! We struggled a bit with it financially, but we finally paid off the cruise today (so much for me being platinum and booking early!LOL!). I was able to get brunch like we wanted, but not high tea:confused3
Very excited and blessed to be going on this cruise! We did make another attempt, hoping someone cancelled so we could get a stateroom closer to mom. She is alone and in a handicap stateroom...we are mid ship and she is aft. We were hoping, but oh well. Anyone here in 6145?? LOL!!!!
Just thankful to be going and it feels real now!!!

I think that we have brunch on our Key West day. When is yours? We will finally meet your mom. She can hang out with our parents. Are the boys Trick or Treating on the ship?

acourtwdw- ours is on the first sea day. Would have loved to do brunch together! It would be great if my mom and your parents hung out. She is really not looking forward to being alone. I keep telling her she wont be, but ya know! Yeah, we plan to trick or treat...wanna come?!?!
Cannot wait to see you guys!!!!!!! Are we gonna meet up at CC for buckets of beer?:yay:

acourtwdw- ours is on the first sea day. Would have loved to do brunch together! It would be great if my mom and your parents hung out. She is really not looking forward to being alone. I keep telling her she wont be, but ya know! Yeah, we plan to trick or treat...wanna come?!?!
Cannot wait to see you guys!!!!!!! Are we gonna meet up at CC for buckets of beer?:yay:

Amanda wants to T&t but me, not so much. But it might be fun to tag along. Steve and I can T&T for beverages :)

I don't think that it will be possible for the 4 of us to wait until CC for buckets of beer.

Oooh What times? We did brunch at 11 and dinner at 8 (so we can meet the captain before)

We also have brunch at 11am on Key West day and our dinner is @ 7:30pm on the second sea day (lobster night). We did Palo on lobster night last year and the lobster in Palo was INCREDIBLE!! I did surf and turf, the lobster and a filet mignon, such an amazing meal!!:thumbsup2:cool1:

Good morning! Sunny and warm but that is OK I guess, it is August after all.

I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers, it really helps. I just wish him peace, you know what I mean?? It is going to be hard - and I think it will be the hardest on my oldest DS, they are best buddies. He is close with the other two but not like Ben.

So, have a good day and hug your family, every chance you get!

Good morning!

acourtwdw- it's a date! Trick or treating for candy and drinks!:cool1: Would be fun to do together:goodvibes
Yeah, I figure we will have a lot more time for buckets of beer before CC! And I am sure Steve will go to bed early most nights, so expect me to tag along for some fun.

Since when can you get lobster in Palo??? :confused3

Just found this thread and would like to participate in the FE. Can I please be added to the list? I was also wondering if there will be trick or treating since it is a Halloween cruise.:banana:

Tell your mom she wont be alone, there is a whole ship full of people...if you are planning on coming to the meet, we can "meet" her there and when we see her on the ship....we can stop and chat for awhile. :thumbsup2

Just found this thread and would like to participate in the FE. Can I please be added to the list? I was also wondering if there will be trick or treating since it is a Halloween cruise.:banana:

Welcome Judie and family:

My name is Denise and traveling with Wally....glad you found us....

There should be no problem adding you to the FE list.
Also we are planning a meet at 3pm before we sailaway...promanade lounge...
I am going to start making a list to keep tract of who will be coming to the meet.

Gail: I will keep your dad in my prayers....it is very difficult, when my mom passed away, years ago, my son was 12 at the time, he and my mom were pretty close...my niece stayed with my folks for a while, while she was sick to help my dad take care of her....she would take pictures all the time, everytime we walked thru the door she would make sure we had a picture taken with my mom....she now has the photo album....but there was a pic she took of my mom and my son Jimmy....I love the picture, he is 29 now and still has the picture in his room....and everytime I see that picture I still get choaked up.....other pictures dont affect me that way, only that one.....
having a sick parent is never easy....my dad just turned 96 in april.....but almost weekly I see a decline in him....so your right charish them while they are here.

gotta run
:banana::banana:

speaking of the meet, everyone who is interested in meeting at 3pm on sail day, please send me your screen names along with your names and family members....you can either pm me here or send to my email at dixielady908@comcast.net

thanks
Denise

We also have brunch at 11am on Key West day and our dinner is @ 7:30pm on the second sea day (lobster night). We did Palo on lobster night last year and the lobster in Palo was INCREDIBLE!! I did surf and turf, the lobster and a filet mignon, such an amazing meal!!:thumbsup2:cool1:

Oooh we will be there almost the same times!! :cool1:

Gail!! we'll keep Dad in our prayers!!

Judie Small...I'll add you to the list, who's in the cabin?

Denise just add me and my boys to the 3pm meet...

also I'm doing trick or treating with my boys...i wouldn't mind tagging along, my boys are little but they know how to have FUN...

I was hoping for HIgh Tea :( that's what I get for not paying last week. I've been soo busy lately....august till cruise time I will be very busy..fall is our busy time of year...

I don't know when I'll do palo dinner..I'm not doing brunch..I made up my mind on that issue.

last time I cruised...I had all my magnets printed out and ready to go by now...I have been SLACKING!!!!

;)We are doing brunch because it is my favorite of any meal on the ship...wanted it for KW day, but couldn't get the ressie :confused: On the other hand, I hear they do the DVC member party that morning, so it could all work out :goodvibes

Trick or Treating- my kids are 6 and 4 and we would love to have them trick or treat with other kids (tell Amanda she counts:lovestruc)!

We plan to be at the 3pm meet. It is me (kamy), DH (Steve), DS 6 (Ryan), DS Liam (4) and my mom is cricketmom (Vera).
We are still not sure about FE....it was hard last year on our cruise, so many rooms on so many decks.....still deciding:rolleyes1

I am still hoping to be able to book High Tea once onboard...but who knows!

;)We are doing brunch because it is my favorite of any meal on the ship...wanted it for KW day, but couldn't get the ressie :confused: On the other hand, I hear they do the DVC member party that morning, so it could all work out :goodvibes

The DVC Member Event was the morning of KW day on our last western. That's why we went for the last possibel KW day brunch we could find...we had to duck out early last year so we'd be on time for brunch. It was quite an experience.

Since we started making reservations for this cruise, I've been second guessing the wisdom of us not scheduling a dinner at Palo on our Sept cruise on the Dream. Since that will be our first Dream sailing, we figured we'd do what we did with the Wonder...stick with the rotational meals the first time and figure out which one we would be willing to sacrafice for Palo on future cruises.

Yeah, they do! Last time we had brunch at 10am and had to duck out of the meet early. This time we booekd for 11 for that very reason (schimj thought of that one! :thumbsup2)

Oops I see he beat me to it!!

I looked at one of the more recent Navigators listed and the DVC meet was listed for 10:00 on Sunday. I did our brunch late for Monday thinking we would make the Castaway Club gathering if that was Monday morning. Hard to find that in the navigators since you need an invitation to get in. If I miss it, I miss it I guess. Anyone remember that was on a Western recently?

we are also doing Palo lunch KW day at 11, and dinner at Palo's on the second day at sea at 7pm

not sure if I posted this but you can throw us into the FE, my wife is getting excited so it looks like I will have to buy another suitcase for the gifts. Yes she is the crafty one and already getting alot of ideas. SO YES I AM BROKE. hope you all enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!

I havnt booked excursion yet, what are you all doing. I am sure i need to book soon.

sorry been busy working havnt read post in a couple of days.

Took the boys to Cedar Point this last Saturday because my sister came up with her 2 kids and a friend and spent the weekend, missed riding the roller coasters with Ethan but i got to hang out with Caden on the kiddie rides which my wife usually does but she had to work. I think that was nmore tiring because we were ready to go about 4. Didnt leave till 830 but we were ready to go.

you can count us in on the meet, last cruise we had one and we only had a couple show up. But the ones we met were great and it was nice to have someone to talk to on the cruise besides family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter