• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Halloween 2011. Oct 29th on the Magic

Good morning everyone! Denise - feel better fast. There is nothing worse than a summer cold.

Placed my We Go Shop order yesterday so that is all taken care of. We didn't need much while at Disney but I did order the beer and Pepsi for the cruise so I guess I can now officially cancel the car rental and book the bus.

Not much will happen here today, too warm for much of anything other than maybe a load of laundry. Good day to watch whatever came in the Netflix envelope the other day. It is days like this that make me long for fall, well - and the fact that I have a cruise to go on :woohoo:.

Morning:

Well feeling much better today....I can actually talk today and my throat feels much better...but still not 100% yet.

Just going to take it easy today, so I dont miss any work, I need to save vacation time....

later
Denise
:banana::banana:

make room we are coming on board also, cant wait. we cancelled the trip to AK and decided to cruise instead.

cant wait see you all soon

i will try and catch up with the posts to see if I missed anything,

:welcome: skyman8963 and family! LOVE to see other Buckeyes joining our mix. DH is from Lorain, I am from Elyria and we have lived in both Marietta as well as Chillicothe. While it is sad to cancel a WDW trip, DCL is a great alternative.

HOT, HOT, HOT - need I say more? So over this already. And how can I love to sail in the Caribbean and hate this heat? Beats me but it is way better than this.

:welcome: skyman 8963 & family

I'm Denise and traveling with Wally....no kids glad to have you with us.....
we are 102 days out as of today :woohoo: so we are getting close...

Not much goin on here....

:banana::banana:

Well, it appears to be Monday yet again! We had quite the storm last night, lots of lightening and thunder - one must have been really close to the house as the thunder was super loud. That just freaks out the older dog - poor baby.

Not much else happening this week though, boys are all coming home this weekend. They have rented a pontoon boat and will be tooling around on Lake Cadillac - I hope it cools off some or I won't be able to stand it.

Take care and have a good day!

welcome skyman!!!! let us know if you would like to participate in the FE & meet up.

OAN: I need to vent...so I'm really upset..I have a "DISNEY" jar..hidden in my closet..well i guess not so hidden..my brother lives with me..and his part time job has went from 20-25 hrs to 3hrs..however he has done this to me in the past before...So this morning I go into the disney jar because i needed a couple dollars and that's the only place i had some..or so I THOUGHT...

I had like 4 pennies and $6...when I know I probably had $30 or so...I dump singles and change all the time in that thing...so I asked him he said yea i needed some money...sooooo I was like DUDE..you need money you ASK me, you don't take from Disney...and I've told him that plenty of times before..I'm PISSED sorry for the vulgarity, and he kind of just said ok okay..but I'm still mad..:mad::mad:...cuz he knew better. cuz that was going to be like my tip jar..especially the singles...last year I had $40 in singles with me so I can tip Room service...So now..I am taking my Disney Jar to work with me. and hoping I can stash it somewhere...I might just buy me a safe.

well I just had to let that out somewhere.

and if he needed the money, I would've given him some.

anyway...enuff of that...i worked this weekend so the boys and I didn't get to do much..it rained alot saturday so we just went to chuck e cheese..which by the way...I Absolutely ABHOR!!! I am never going back there on a saturday...it was jammed packed and with the worst people ever...

I wanted to see winnie the pooh but my kids were tired and I didn't want them to fall asleep in the theatre. so hopefully next saturday I will see the movie..I heard it was good.

as for the cruise..I didn't get any of my FE's done. I did manage to stop at a consignment shop and found some good clothes for the boys...I'll post them in my PTR...

and I'm also losing a little of my baby belly ...so I'm determined to not have this bump by cruise time so I can wear my disney swimwear...anyways..I'll be busy all day working a Job Fair for my company... :surfweb:

welcome skyman!!!! let us know if you would like to participate in the FE & meet up.

OAN: I need to vent...so I'm really upset..I have a "DISNEY" jar..hidden in my closet..well i guess not so hidden..my brother lives with me..and his part time job has went from 20-25 hrs to 3hrs..however he has done this to me in the past before...So this morning I go into the disney jar because i needed a couple dollars and that's the only place i had some..or so I THOUGHT...

I had like 4 pennies and $6...when I know I probably had $30 or so...I dump singles and change all the time in that thing...so I asked him he said yea i needed some money...sooooo I was like DUDE..you need money you ASK me, you don't take from Disney...and I've told him that plenty of times before..I'm PISSED sorry for the vulgarity, and he kind of just said ok okay..but I'm still mad..:mad::mad:...cuz he knew better. cuz that was going to be like my tip jar..especially the singles...last year I had $40 in singles with me so I can tip Room service...So now..I am taking my Disney Jar to work with me. and hoping I can stash it somewhere...I might just buy me a safe.

well I just had to let that out somewhere.

and if he needed the money, I would've given him some.

anyway...enuff of that...i worked this weekend so the boys and I didn't get to do much..it rained alot saturday so we just went to chuck e cheese..which by the way...I Absolutely ABHOR!!! I am never going back there on a saturday...it was jammed packed and with the worst people ever...

I wanted to see winnie the pooh but my kids were tired and I didn't want them to fall asleep in the theatre. so hopefully next saturday I will see the movie..I heard it was good.

as for the cruise..I didn't get any of my FE's done. I did manage to stop at a consignment shop and found some good clothes for the boys...I'll post them in my PTR...

and I'm also losing a little of my baby belly ...so I'm determined to not have this bump by cruise time so I can wear my disney swimwear...anyways..I'll be busy all day working a Job Fair for my company... :surfweb:

NOT such a nice thing at all! I keep a coffee cup in my drawer at the office and stash change in it. I generally don't have much cash, use my check card all the time, so not much in it at all. I have had 4 rolls of pennies sitting here for like 2 years and I have not done anything with those either. I would make him pay me back - with interest.

Way to go on the weight! I am still carrying around 'baby' pounds - and he is 22! I started doing Zumba but I don't have air at home and it has been pretty warm this summer and I have not been as diligent about it as I should have been.

Sorry to hear about what your brother did....he should have asked...

Well I ended up staying home today....I had plans to go, even set my alarm, but when it went off this morning, I was just not up to it....I just felt tired and so I decided to stay home....which I laid in bed all morning napping on and off....so I am feeling better now and hopefully I willl be able to make it to work tomorrow.:thumbsup2

Other than that nothing going on here. Kinda quiet...

later
denise :banana::banana::banana:

glindamood that is so cool that you lived where I grew up, I lived in or around Chillicothe for most of my life. we just moved up to Cleveland this June( not on purpose) thats just where my job took us. Brought my parents with us, if you were a parent and had kids you might have seen my father at sporting events, he was a referee in every sport in town.

I will let you know about the FE, we had such a great time with it last year, but I am not sure if my wife wants to spend alot of time on it like we did. She is the crafty one and she did alot last year. all kinds of buckeye stuff and disney stuff, but as always working a full time job and being a full time mom takes up a lot of time.
How is the FE working this cruise we did 3 days and a gift bag each day for about 10 families last year.

just let me know so we can talk her into it.

I'm so excited. I just booked this cruise for me and my daughter who will turn 21 on October 29th, 2011! Woohoo!

webcratix what a trip, i will be 21 also on October 29th. just kidding actually I will be 42. but its cool that your daughter have teh same bdays and on the same cruise. I figured we would celebrate mine on the 30th since the 29th will be real busy on the boat.

Happy Tuesday! We head out 14 weeks from today - actually, about now we should be on the road. I know it has not been that long since I cruised last but it feels like forever ago.

Denise - hope you are cold-free and back at the grind.

Skylar - ummm, if you are turning 42, that should make you as good as two 21 year olds! At least that was my story ;) - and I am sticking to it. Your DW doesn't need to do so much for FE's - one per room for the entire cruise should be good. I will be working on my prototype for the adults and we will see how that goes.

Nothing much to report here - WAY too warm for my taste (unless I am sailing in the Caribbean that is) and it will be several more days before there is any relief. At least God was not bowling last night (no thunder) and I slept well. Take care!

Morning all:

well back to work today....still feeling tired, but doing better.....now it will take me 3 days to catch up for one day off:sad2:...thats the other reason I hate taking time off......
well we are starting on our hot streak this week, they are talking up to 98 by thrusday....guess I will spending the next few days inside.

101 days out for the cruise....still thinking of what to do in Grand Caymen, at this point just hoping we get to stop there, last cruise, we were not able to tender the waters were to rough....so this will be my first time there.

Well since I got to work early, I guess I should start working.

have a good one
later
Denise
:banana::banana::banana:

Denise - we must work at the same place! Sorta scary how one's job doesn't get done when one is gone. I often wonder what would happen if I got hit by a bus. Well, take it easy and stay inside. We have heat warnings so you must as well - I think a good portion of the country does.

I am so ready to be on this cruise...sooooooo ready...

Sounds like you need a :hug:! So, there you have one.

Well, I have to go to the bank. Hope I don't have a heat stroke as I am going to walk, brave soul that I am.

thanks Gail :hug:..its been one of those weeks. My cousin's newborn baby passed away (my family in chicago)..and as you know my Grandmother passed away in May..so its like everyone is down.

thanks Gail :hug:..its been one of those weeks. My cousin's newborn baby passed away (my family in chicago)..and as you know my Grandmother passed away in May..so its like everyone is down.

Oh how very sad....prayers to your family....

Gail, please dont have heart stroke, walk slow and bring water.:thumbsup2:)

denise:banana::banana:

The walk to the post office and the bank (like 3 blocks total) wasn't too bad but the walk back from the post office was on the warm side. I didn't take water but took my time and not too bad. I will say, all the concrete must raise the temps 10 degrees at least.

Well, back at the office to do an upgrade for someone. Picked up pizza and ate with oldest DS and his DW (I LOVE taco pizza) and they have the dogs so I didn't have to put them back in the crates they spent the day in.

So, stay cool everyone - I can't believe how many of us are in for heat advisories tomorrow - and now even. I don't know what I did to incur the wrath of Mother Nature but I AM SORRY!!!

Oh how very sad....prayers to your family....

gee I ment heat stroke.....!!!

but glad you took it easy....taco piazza havent tried that, but I love barbque chicken piazza:thumbsup2

have a good and cool evening
:banana::banana::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter